Having a professional US business bank account is vital whether you’re just beginning out or have been in business for a long time. Every company or organization, no matter how tiny, requires one to ensure that your business receives new heights of excellence. It is crucial to the financial operations of your company since it collects deposits from the public and lends money to staff and vendors. It’s also necessary for appropriate bookkeeping, tax reporting, and other legal requirements. Read Our Guide On 100+ Best Small Business Ideas With Low Investment.
A bank account is not an option for a small company owner, rather it is a need. To keep cash safe and maintain accounting records for the firm, every business should get its own specialized checking account, as well as maybe savings, credit cards, as well as other accounts. With a free or low-cost business checking account, as well as choices for savings, credit cards, business loans, or merchant services, the best banks for small businesses provide entrepreneurs with a one-stop shop for all their business banking needs. Having everything under one roof allows businesses to form stronger bonds with their banker, who can assist them in finding the best banking services as their company grows.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
It doesn’t have to be difficult to find the best banks for small businesses. Start with a decent business checking account that includes savings accounts, branch, and ATM access, and additional services such as business credit cards, loans, and merchant services. In order to find the best deal or features in a small business bank, you need to choose the best bank for your unique business needs which include cash deposits, mobile check deposits, free ATMs, keeping all accounts at one bank, interest-bearing checking accounts, and in-person customer service.
There is no right type of business bank account, as everything is based on what type of business you have, its size, and its complexity which is applicable for all types of business owners as well as financial institutions. As every business is different, there is no perfect account for small businesses. If you are looking for the best online banks for small businesses, then it will not charge any monthly account fees, unlike other business bank accounts. The only thing that all small business bank accounts have in common is minimal costs, so be on the watch for fees that you can be charged unless you match certain criteria.
Let’s get started with the best banks for small businesses in 2022, with features that make them the top choices for different types of businesses.
👉 Best Company For Forming LLC In 2022
👉 Top Stripe Atlas Alternatives For LLC
👉 Firstbase Vs Stripe Atlas: Which Is Better?
👉 Cheap Registered Agent Services For 2022
👉 Best Online Incorporation Services To Create An LLC
👉 What Are The Best Online Alternatives To LegalZoom?
👉 Best ZenBusiness Alternatives & Competitors
👉 Top Incfile Alternatives & Competitors
👉 Sole Proprietorship vs LLC: What’s Best for Your Business?
👉 18 Mistakes To Avoid When Naming Your Business
What Are The Best Banks For Small Businesses?
👉 How To Set Up A US Company As A Non-Resident
👉 How To Do An LLC Name Search In 5 Simple Steps
👉 ZenBusiness Vs Incfile: Which Is The Best LLC Service?
👉 How To Start A Sole Proprietorship in 7 Steps
👉 Tips For Starting A Franchise Business
👉 What is an EIN Number? Everything You Need to Know
👉 How To Get An Employer Identification Number?
👉 Delaware C Corp vs LLC: Everything You Need to Know
8 Top Small Business Bank Account In 2022
Chase is the biggest bank in the United States and the sixth-largest bank in the world, with total assets of $2.73 trillion. Its greatest credit cards are its strongest claim for becoming the best bank for a business account, and it also offers a wide range of lending options and excellent checking account plans.
Chase Bank is one of the best banks for small businesses as it offers various solutions to help you start, grow and manage your business. Chase has some of the best business checking account options on the market, but its business credit card programs are where the bank really flourishes. Some of the most significant cash back and incentive points credit cards for small businesses are the bank’s Ink suite of cards and a variety of co-branded cards.
Chase includes a selection of bank accounts, loans, credit cards, and additional services, such as merchant services. Chase’s business checking accounts offer various checking solutions that are built to meet your needs, support your vision and keep you moving forward. Their Business Complete Checking account allows unlimited digital deposits and transactions with no minimal downpayment and an easily removed minimum balance requirement, making it one of our top free business checking accounts.
You can now choose the perfect business credit card for you and receive cash back rewards, airline miles, or credit card reward points on all of your business expenditures by taking advantage of new cardmember bonus offers. It is located in 48 states and has exposure to over 4,700 branches and 16,000 ATMs. It offers a variety of business accounts based on the size of your company, as well as attractive sign-up bonuses. For example, New Chase Business Complete Checking accounts can get a $300 bonus if they deposit $2,000 within 30 days of account opening. The $2,000 balance is required to be maintained for 60 days, and five qualified purchases must be completed within 90 days.
Chase Bank Features:
- Business Checking: Chase offers a wide variety of business checking accounts for small, mid-sized, and large businesses. Compare our business checking solutions and find the right checking account for you.
- Business Loans: Chase business loans might help you fund your small business. SBA loans, commercial financing, and a business line of credit are just a few of the funding alternatives available to help you invest in your company’s future.
- Business Credit Cards: Now you can find the Ink business credit card that’s right for you and apply for it. The advantages of the Ink business credit cards are compared.
- Payment Solution: Now you can accept debit and credit cards with Chase Payment Solutions, which are safe, secure, and convenient to use anywhere you conduct business such as online, in-store, and on the go. Payments APIs, development tools, and documentation are all you can find at their Developer Center.
- Business Savings: Total Savings, Premier Savings, and a corporate CD are just a few of the business savings accounts offered by Chase. Compare business savings accounts to find the one that’s suitable for you.
- Business Debit Cards: Money is debited directly from your business checking account, making it handier than cash and cheques. Use your business debit card to make ATM deposits and withdrawals. Recurring payments save you time every month.
- Commercial Banking: Commercial Banking offers a variety of domestic and international solutions, including investment banking and asset management, to firms with yearly revenue ranging from $20 million to more than $2 billion, in order to assist you to accomplish your business objectives.
- Business Services: They can help you with your business banking requirements. Chase Business Banking has solutions and services that work for you, from payment processing to foreign currency.
- Retirement Plans: With 401(k) plan solutions, you can help your employees plan, save, and invest for their future. Low-cost retirement plans from J.P. Morgan are designed for you and your workers.
👉 Firstbase.io Coupons
👉 ZenBusiness Coupons And Promo Codes
👉 Incfile Discount Codes
👉 Northwest Registered Agent Coupons & Discounts
👉 CorpNet Promo Codes & Promo Codes
👉 MyCompanyWorks Coupon Codes
👉 IncAuthority Coupon Codes
👉 Doola Coupon Codes
👉 StartGlobal Coupons & Promo Code
Chase Business Banking Fees:
- Chase Business Complete Banking ($15 or $0 Monthly Service Fee) if you achieve $2000 of minimum daily balance, deposits from Chase QuickAccept or Chase Ink Business Card Purchases
- Chase Performance Business Checking ($30 or $0 Monthly Service Fee) helps you maintain a $35,000 combined average beginning day balance.
- Chase Platinum Business Checking ($95 or $0 Monthly Service Fee) helps you maintain a $100,000 combined average beginning day balance
👉 How To Create An LLC In 5 Steps
👉 Professional Corporation Vs Professional LLC: Which Is Suitable For Your Business?
👉 Top LegalZoom Competitors & Alternatives To Save You Money
👉 ZenBusiness Vs Incfile: Which Is Best For Your Legal Needs?
👉 Complete Guide to The Cost of Starting an LLC
👉 How to Get An EIN From Outside The US?
👉 Stripe Atlas Vs Clerky Vs Gust Vs LegalZoom Compared
👉 NAICS Codes: What Do They Mean for Your Business?
👉 How to Form A Corporation In 11 Steps?
First Internet Bank was established in 1999 in Indiana. According to its name and website, First Internet was the first FDIC-insured internet bank. First Internet Bank is ranked fifth among the best online banks and is regarded as the best choice for certain account types. If someone who prefers to bank online rather than at a brick-and-mortar location will love the full-service bank’s account, financial planning, and loan options.
First Internet Bank is one of the best online business bank accounts which is basically recommended for business owners that requires minimum requirements without any monthly fees. It has no branch locations, and all transactions are completed through smartphones, ATMs, or the company’s website. First Internet Bank, provides a complete range of banking services, including a business checking account with no monthly service fees, transaction fees, or ATM costs. The very first $10 in ATM charges will be reimbursed by First Internet Bank each month. In addition, you’ll get free inward electronic payments, the first order of checks, and a debit card.
First Internet Bank provides a variety of personal banking services, including high-yield interest-earning accounts, loan solutions, and business services. Being the oldest online bank, First Internet Banks provides both online and mobile banking. Text banking is also available, though it’s limited to verifying balances and transaction details. First Internet Bank has one of the best savings accounts, due to its low fees and high 0.25 percent annual percentage yield, which is more than many brick-and-mortar banks are currently offering.
Apart from that, users may manage their accounts, view transaction history, pay bills, transfer funds, and make mobile check deposits using First Internet Bank’s mobile app, which is accessible on both iOS and Android. Customers of First Internet Bank of Indiana have access to the Plus Alliance ATM Network, which has thousands of fee-free ATMs.
In addition to personal banking products, First Internet Bank has access to a variety of financing options which includes:
- Personal loans
- Student loans
- Auto and recreational vehicle financing
- Home equity loans
- Fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages
- FHA loans
- VA loans
- Jumbo loans
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs)
- Mortgage refinancing
First Internet Bank Features:
- Opening Deposit Requirements: If you’re new to banking, you’ll be glad to learn that you don’t need a lot of money to open an account with First Internet Bank. To open a checking or savings account, or a money market account, all you need is $25 or $100.
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees: Fees are rarely charged by First Internet Bank to account customers. Apart from Interest Checking, the majority of its checking and savings accounts have no monthly maintenance fees. Money market accounts have a $5 monthly fee, which is removed if you keep a balance of $4,000 or more. Furthermore, some of the most expensive penalties, such as the $30 overdraft fee, can be avoided by enrolling in overdraft protection or keeping a close eye on your total balance.
- Banking Online: You’ll like what First Internet Bank has to offer if you’re comfortable doing all of your banking online. Even if you’re new to online banking, the procedure will be rather easy.
- Easy To Use: Both the FIB mobile app and the online website is beginners-friendly and the navigation is extremely simple. The website is quick to load and has a simple white background with few photos and graphics. The knowledge base, which you can access using the search box in the upper right-hand corner, makes it simple to locate the information you require.
- Excellent Customer Service: Although there are no physical branches, customers can contact customer care by phone at 1-888-873-3424, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text message banking. On weekdays, customer assistance is available from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, and on Saturdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Huge Products & Services: Online banks usually specialize in a small number of accounts and services. First Internet Bank is a full-service financial institution that offers a wide range of banking services, including checking and savings accounts, retirement planning, mortgages, loans, and business banking.
First Internet Bank Fees:
Incoming bank transfers, your initial check order, and ATM withdrawals are all free at First Internet Bank, but there are a few more charges to be aware of:
- Monthly Maintenance Costs $10 for Interest Checking accounts and $5 for Money Market accounts, both of which are canceled if your average monthly amount is $4,000 or more.
- Fee for Returned Items: $20
- Fee for a cashier’s check: $5
- Outgoing wire transfers are $20 domestic and $50 overseas.
- Fee for NSF: $30
With nearly $1.7 trillion in assets, Wells Fargo is the third-largest bank in the United States. It has over 12,000 ATMs and around 4,900 locations across much of the United States. Because the first 250 operations and $20,000 in cash deposits each month are free with the Navigate Business Checking account, it’s ideal for cash deposits.
Wells Fargo is one of the best banks for small business loans and has more branches than any other bank in the United States and is one of the biggest Small Business Administration lenders for SBA loans. Wells Fargo protects your business from trademarks, copyrights, and patents. And also helps to meet your payroll and HR needs! The Wells Fargo Initiate Business Checking Account is designed for small enterprises that are just getting started. It’s simple to get rid of the monthly cost. However, you are limited to 100 free transactions every month.
Wells Fargo has three business checking accounts to choose from. These accounts all include monthly fees, but in most cases, you can avoid them by maintaining a minimum amount. To minimize costs, the minimum deposit for the Initiate Business Checking Account is $500. It’s also a leading SBA 7(a) lender. In case, your company will require an SBA loan in the future, choose a bank that has a track record of issuing these loans.
Wells Fargo Features:
- Easy To Use: They provide easy-to-use products, tools, and resources for small businesses to help simplify your financial life.
- Supportive: Wells Fargo has bankers who will help you to move your business forward now and also in the future.
- Personalized Options: They provide you with personalized options and will guide you to develop a deep, long-term understanding of your business.
- Transfer And Pay: With this small business bank account you can easily pay bills and transfer money between business accounts as well as your accounts at other U.S. financial institutions.
Wells Fargo Fees:
- To start an account, you must have a minimum balance of $25
- Limits on transactions: 250 per month, then $0.50 per transaction; $20,000 per month in cash deposits, then $0.30 every $100 deposited
- With a $10,000 average amount or $15,000 in total balances, the monthly fee of $25 is eliminated applicable for checking, savings, time accounts, and credit.
Bank of America is one of the top banks for small businesses, offering checking accounts, credit cards, and financial education services tailored to small enterprises. The bank is known for offering firms in specialized industries, such as health or agriculture, industry-specific financing solutions. It is one of the best small business checking accounts that offer a full suite of banking and lending services that are well suited to established businesses. Bank of America has locations across the United States, but you can also bank online or over the phone.
For $15 per month, Bank of America also offers Account Management services, which include a QuickBooks connection. To help track your business’s financial performance, the Fundamentals account offers access to Bank of America’s Cash Flow Monitoring and Connecting Apps. In addition, Bank of America provides a variety of other business banking services, such as savings accounts and CDs, business management tools and services, credit cards, financing, and Merrill Edge retirement solutions.
Business Advantage Fundamentals Banking and Business Advantage Relationship Banking are two of Bank of America’s primary business checking accounts. The Fundamentals business checking account offers fundamental small company banking features and customizable account tools for a reasonable monthly fee. The account includes a $16 monthly fee that can be removed if certain account minimum standards and other activities are fulfilled.
Bank of America Features:
- Business Advantage 360 includes small business online banking, Mobile Banking with Mobile Check Deposit
- All-In-One Business Checking Solution that provides simple and intuitive tools, resources, and security
- Fully integrated cash flow monitor and connected apps tool
- Business debit cards with a $0 liability guarantee
- Easy Quickbook integration
- Ability to grant and customize account access levels per employee
- No fees for incoming wires, stop payments, electronic deposits, and more
Bank of America Fees:
- Bank Of America Business Advantage Fundamentals Banking costs $16 or $0 per month
- Bank Of America Business Advantage Relationship Banking costs $29.95 or $0 per month.
Axos Bank is one of the top free business checking accounts for small businesses presently available. Axos Bank was the first online-only bank in the United States, opening in 2000. The firm has a long history of offering financial services to both commercial and personal clients.
With a $5,000 average daily balance, the Business Interest Checking account is completely free; however, there is a $10 monthly fee. The account contains up to 50 free goods per month, making it unsuitable for the busiest firms with a high volume of transactions or for tiny businesses with a relatively low balance. It does, however, pay interest at the current rate of 1.01 percent and has excellent online and mobile banking services.
Axos Bank is one of the best banks for small business LLCs and is designed for busy business owner who only needs basic checking. There are no monthly maintenance costs, no minimum deposit requirements, and limitless refunds for domestic ATM expenses. You may get your money at any time and from any location. Axos also offers a no-fee basic business checking account with up to 200 free goods per month and other no-interest benefits. This may be a better option than the Business Interest Checking account, depending on your needs.
Axos also provides businesses with money market and savings accounts, CDs, and a full range of cash management services. Axos Bank is the top choice for your small business banking needs if you don’t need to operate with cash but yet need a serious bank. It’s a flexible advantage to provide to your employees who may work for a variety of organizations. A benefit like this is a terrific addition to your incentive program to help you recruit and keep exceptional employees, whether it’s access to no-fuss checking accounts, better-than-average loan alternatives, or simply tools to get better at managing money.
Axos Bank Features:
- No initial deposit requirement
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly maintenance fees
- The first set of 50 checks free
- Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
- Visa debit card with enhanced Visa benefits
- QuickBooks compatible
- Unlimited item processing (debits, credits, and deposited items )
- Dedicated Relationship Managers
- Up to 60 items per month for Remote Deposit Anywhere
- Two reimbursed domestic wire fees per month
- Cash deposits via MoneyPass and AllPoint networks
- Workplace Banking offers low-fee accounts for your employees
- With the mobile app, you can manage your business funds, view account balances, deposit checks, automate your bills and manage your accounts 24/7
- Excellent customer service to assist you with all your banking needs
- You can bank safely and handle your banking needs with the utmost ease with online banking
- It provides various loan options which include term loans, lines of credit, equipment financing, commercial real estate loans, and invoice factoring
Axos Bank Fees:
- The minimum opening deposit costs $100
- Axos also offers a Basic Business Checking Account that requires no minimum beginning deposit, has no monthly fees, and allows for unlimited transactions
- If you keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more, you won’t have to pay a monthly maintenance charge
- The transaction limit is unlimited for the processing of debit, credit, and deposited items.
With almost 70,000 employees and $567 billion in assets, U.S. Bank is the sixth-largest bank in the United States. It was founded in 1863 in Minnesota and now has over 2200 branches in 26 states across the United States. US Bank is a free business checking account that is ideal for small businesses and startups looking to save money on bank fees. It includes specialty accounts for nonprofit organizations and businesses with complex needs.
U.S. Bank offers a variety of business checking accounts, including a free Silver Business Checking and an interest-bearing account which is Gold Business Checking. The U.S. Bank Silver Business Checking Package is a simple business checking account with no monthly maintenance cost for new and small enterprises with minimal banking needs. To start a Silver Business Checking account, you must make a $100 minimum deposit. US Bank has branches in 27 states and allows you to apply for an account online, over the phone, or in person and includes information such as Employer Identification Number or other legal documents.
If you’re starting a business, you might only require an account with a few operations and cash deposits. With no minimum balance restriction, U.S. Bank’s Silver Checking Account is free for the first 125 transactions and $2,500 in cash deposits per statement cycle. As your account activity grows, you can switch to a Gold or Platinum checking account, where you can eliminate the monthly maintenance cost in a variety of ways. Online and mobile banking are available with all U.S. Bank business checking accounts, making it simple to deposit checks, transfer funds, and pay bills.
Moreover, US Bank business checking accounts come with a debit card, surcharge-free ATM transactions, online and mobile banking, mobile check deposit, and access to a number of business services and payment options. Savings accounts, money market accounts, and CDs are among the business savings deposit alternatives offered by US Bank. U.S. Bank has answers to all of your loan and mortgage questions, from calculators and rate charts to expert loan officers and bankers.
U.S. Bank Features:
- Access to more than 2,000 branches in 27 states, and no fees at more than 4,700 U.S. Bank and 37,000 MoneyPass ATMs.
- You can open an account online, in person, or over the phone, depending on your choice.
- Optional online payment services, ranging from mobile apps to in-store payment terminals, are available for a cost.
- US Bank is one of the best banks for small businesses that need a physical branch location as well as businesses that need credit cards
- Helps to transfer money between your accounts, deposit checks, and manage and pay bills.
- Includes three business checking accounts (one free option), business savings, credit cards, merchant services, and small-business loans.
U.S. Bank Fees:
- US Bank Silver Business Checking Account Package costs a $0 monthly maintenance fee, 125 free transactions/month, and a $0.50 fee for each additional transaction.
- Gold Business Checking Account Package costs a $20 monthly maintenance fee, 300 free transactions per month, $0.45 fee for each additional transaction
- Platinum Business Checking Account Package costs a $30 monthly maintenance fee, 500 free transactions per month, $0.40 fee for each additional transaction
Mercury is one of the top small business banks for eCommerce businesses, provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust Members FDIC. Mercury’s online platform interfaces with top POS platforms like Shopify and PayPal, as well as accounting tools like Xero, Gusto, and QuickBooks, making it ideal for eCommerce and technology-oriented small businesses. Mercury’s Tea Room account is aimed at business customers with at least $250,000 in deposits and offers cash management solutions.
This online banking platform includes both a business checking account and business savings account with no monthly fees. Apart from this, Mercury offers scalable digital tools, plus every account provides read-write application programming interface access to truly customize your banking. To be eligible for a Mercury account, you must have a U.S. corporation with a federal employer identification number. Mercury is unable to open accounts for sole proprietors, trusts, or businesses involved in the money services, adult content, drugs, or online gambling sectors.
You can fund your account, send payments, and control your transactions and spending once you’ve been accepted. You’ll be able to download the Mercury iOS app, add users to your account, and connect your account to third-party business solutions. Through its eCommerce capital partners, they may provide fast payouts, revenue-based financing, credit lines, and more.
- Get checking and savings accounts, cards, and payments without the minimums or hidden fees.
- Generate virtual cards to pay vendors like Facebook, Shopify, Amazon, and everywhere else you use cards online.
- 100% online banking, no need to step into any bank branch
- Wire USD to international vendors for free or exchange for local currency for a 1% fee.
- Link seamlessly with every U.S. payment processor such as Stripe, Paypal, Shopify, Amazon
- UI is dynamic and intuitive, which helps to grow an eCommerce business from start to finish.
- Get access to built-in digital tools that allow you to send and receive online payments, track transactions, and cash-flow analytics, and monitor spending.
- You may customize and automate your Mercury account with their API access by improving internal dashboards, making bulk payments, creating transfer rules, balancing transactions, and more.
- Mercury Treasury allows you to earn interest by investing additional funds in US treasury bonds and money market funds.
- No minimum balances
- Free bank accounts
- 0.784%* interest on Mercury Treasury
- Free domestic wires
- Free USD international wires
- 1% fee on currency exchange
Bluevine is one of the best online business banking services which is highly suited for small businesses to save on fees, earn interest, and set their business up for success. It also assists you in keeping different accounts to manage costs and creating subaccounts with its checking account. Bluevine additionally pays a full 1.5 percent APY on balances up to and including $100,000 for business checking account owners, which is 50 times higher than the national average! BlueVine is an excellent alternative if you’re a business owner who wants to secure your money.
They also offer a 38,000-strong ATM network with no surcharges. The disadvantage is that if you don’t have access to an in-network ATM, you’ll be charged an ATM fee. Your account and personal information are protected with Bluevine with enhanced authentication and data encryption, so you can relax knowing you’re safe. It also assists you in keeping different accounts to manage costs and creating subaccounts with its checking account. Bluevine also provides a credit line with low-interest rates. Bluevine’s streamlined checking, lending, and bill pay make it easy to run your business with confidence.
- With no monthly fees or minimum balance, unlimited transactions, and industry-leading interest, their Business Checking account checks all the boxes.
- Access a revolving line of credit, draw funds on demand, and only pay for what you use!
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments with ease, and pay most bills by credit card.
- Deposits are FDIC-insured up to $250,000 per depositor through coastal Community Bank, Member FDIC
- Set debit card spending notifications, and lock them instantly from your dashboard
- Earn 50x the national average on balances up to and including $100,000 if you meet a monthly activity requirement
- Make deposits and payments on your terms, without limits on your number of transactions
- Organize your finances the way you want by adding up to five sub-accounts with designated account numbers
- Minimum opening deposit costs $0
- Monthly service fees cost $0
- Unlimited transactions
- ACH fees cost $0
- Overdraft fees cost $0
- Incoming wire fees cost $0
- QBO integration fee/export costs $0
- No in-network ATM fees
- 2 free checkbooks per year
Final Words On Best Banks For Small Business
Choosing the best banks for small businesses can help you increase your business and expand your possibilities. You’ll need it to keep track of your company’s financial performance. Plus it will also assist you in obtaining a company loan or other solutions.
Business bank account perks might range from sign-up bonuses to simple cash deposits. Before deciding where to bank, think about all of the factors. Whatever feature is most important to you, having the correct business bank account is critical to the success of your company. This account is where you deposit money and pay your bills.
For business clients, any successful bank must offer online services. Some banks only offer internet banking, while others offer both online and physical branch banking. Always keep in mind, that you’ll need to have a bank that allows in-person deposits if your business accepts cash. Otherwise, most businesses, including those that accept checks and offer products online, can benefit from internet-only banking.
Now it’s up to you to determine which one is best for your small business banking requirements. The best small business bank for you will provide a mix of products and services that are tailored to your company’s current financial demands as well as its potential expansion. Before making a decision, spend some time researching each bank’s goods, fees, and services.
Hope you liked our reading this article. If you have any questions, let me know in the comment section below! Thanks again and have a great day!