Ecommerce is continuing to evolve, and two of the most important trends for online retailers today are mobile commerce and personalization. eCommerce has drastically changed the ways of buying and selling goods, changing the ways of doing business. This is because people tend to feel more comfortable buying things online than from a brick-and-mortar store. While order fulfillment services may not be the most glamorous aspect of running an eCommerce business, it is a function that directly impacts an online merchant’s bottom line.
Around 80% of consumers are more likely to shop online as they have seamless and connected digital shopping experiences. It is the best solution for brands to eCommerce infrastructure to an outside provider, eliminating the need to develop costly and inflexible in-house solutions. In 2020, retail e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to 4.28 trillion US dollars and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 5.4 trillion US dollars in 2022. The increasing use of E-Commerce Platforms in Personal Shopping, Family Finance, Business Management, International Trade, and other industries is driving the growth of the E-Commerce Platforms market across the globe.
Though there are various eCommerce platforms with counting features and functions, to succeed in your online business you must choose the best eCommerce platform. An eCommerce platform is the backbone of an online retailer where businesses launch, host, and manage online stores. Due to COVID-19 impact, the online eCommerce platform has become essential for small businesses and helped manage the online store, their inventory, and accept and process payments.
One of the most visible trends in the world of e-commerce is the unprecedented usage of mobile devices. In 2022, smartphones accounted for almost 70 percent of all retail website visits worldwide, although desktop and tablet visits generated higher conversion rates in 2020. In today’s market, virtually all large brick-and-mortar retailers also have a strong online presence. It is increasingly becoming a vital component of business strategy and allows them to sell their own products and services.
If you’re still on the fence about launching your own eCommerce store, you may ask yourself why eCommerce is getting attention around the world? The answer is simple, with the best eCommerce solutions users can interact and transact through network effects. Rather, it is a new business model that helps you to create a complete platform with essential functionalities. Another advantage, of having an eCommerce platform, is you can customize your online shop and integrate with third-party apps, track inventory in real-time, manage orders and prevent costly mistakes.
Whether it’s Shopify or BigCommerce, the top e-commerce platforms are mobile-friendly, SEO optimized, have top-notch security, accept different payment methods, and can easily scale. Today, I am here to provide you a complete list of the best eCommerce software based on reliability, technical support, scalability, shipping, fulfillment, features, and more.
So, without any ado let’s get started with the top eCommerce platforms that meet your needs, with better performance and security protection. Run your business with the best eCommerce platform 2021, and grow your business along with it!
What Are Ecommerce Platforms?
An eCommerce platform is a software application that allows business owner to manage their online sale operations. The platform provides features that allow merchants to build a branded online storefront to locate and sell their products and services. It also allows you to manage backend functions such as order management, inventory management, and customer service infrastructure. Plus, the eCommerce store also handles everything from web design and product listing to shipping and marketing.
There are three main eCommerce platform options:
- SaaS (Software-as-a-service)
- Headlines commerce
From startups to small and medium-sized businesses right through to huge brands, there are a large number of companies that can benefit from their own online eCommerce store, where they can sell their own products/services. A custom e-commerce platform is better suited for companies that have the technical know-how and financial resources to manage the platform themselves, rather an eCommerce business is best suited for small & medium-sized businesses that don’t have time to control all aspects of their e-commerce shop. A solid eCommerce platform will automatically collect data from digital shoppers, allowing businesses to know customers more intimately than ever before, with every click they make.
Benefits Of Using Ecommerce Platform:
If you are expanding your business from a physical store to an online one, and also if you want to take your brand to a global audience then you need to create an online store. There are various benefits of using an e-commerce platform. Here, are some of the benefits:
- Easy to use: Small business owners need an easy-to-use, low-maintenance solution and that is a significant benefit of e-commerce platforms. With these platforms, you can also automate certain aspects of e-commerce, including e-mail alerts and inventory management plus it also lets you run real-time reports on everything from shopping cart abandonment to customer engagement
- Enhances customer engagement: E-commerce platforms offer to invite, well-designed e-stores that are easy for customers to navigate and buy from. Plus, it also helps customers get the product they need.
- Increased security protections: Starting an online store, you can lower start-up costs compared to a brick and mortar retailer. Moreover, an online store enables you to enjoy increased profitability with less risk.
- Reduce your cost: Running your business using an eCommerce platform, you can operate online and show all your inventory through the eCommerce platform. The best part is, it doesn’t need any physical space and ultimately reduces your cost.
- Supports expansion: eCommerce platforms can easily handle all aspects of your website, whether you are selling 20 or 200 products a month. Plus it also helps to broaden your range of products/services for sale, expanding your business, bringing you more customers, and diversifying your sales. Plus, it also allows you to reach customers without moving and is very helpful for both B2C and B2B businesses to boost your brand awareness.
- Integrates with third-party apps: eCommerce platforms host your e-commerce site, manages your inventory, helps in your marketing, accounting. Plus, e-commerce platforms integrate with third-party apps, which allows you to handle all aspects of your e-commerce operations
- Improve the image of your business: Another advantage of an eCommerce store is that it also helps you improve your company’s image. It also offers a good online sales platform and facilitates consumer purchases. Plus, you can improvements to your products that customers will love!
- Easily receive feedback on products: The best advantage of handling an online store is that it allows you to receive instant feedback and easily implement them in your business. Rather, your customers will give their feedback in purchasing your company’s products. This enables you to build trust in your business.
What Are The Features To Look For In An E-Commerce Platform?
Various e-commerce solutions are basically based on the size of your business. Choosing the best eCommerce platforms is overwhelming. Here are the seven essential features you must consider:
- SEO functionality: Online eCommerce platform,provides you with all tools needed to launch and manage your business.The platform must offer SEO tools to promote your brand and drive sales online through social media.
- Mobile optimized: Nowadays, most e-commerce transactions take place on smartphones.And reports, shows that 42% sales are from online. This means your customers can shop online from a mobile device, and easily optimize the stores for mobile searches and let your cutomers easily find whatever they want.’
- Top-notch security: This is another important point of best eCommerce platform, is it must have top-notch security that protects your customer data and it also provides encryption and two-factor authentication.
- More payment options: Always make sure, that eCommerce platform considers and accepts popular payment methods such as credit and debit cards Paypal, Google Pay. It must support different payment options and let your customers choose one which works best for them.
- Ability to scale: A good eCommerce platform must get secure payment gateway, apps, customizable themes, and processing power to support your expansion. eCommerce platforms help you to scale and grow with rich functionality. You must choose the right eCommerce platform for growth and manage your online business from home.
- Product and order management system: A good eCommerce platfroms are designed to manage your your orders online and offers order tracking, shipping services as well as text and email notification.It also integrates with your inventory management system to create a comprehensive solution that delivers accurate information to your customers aaand you can efficiently manage and fulfill orders.
- Third-party app integrations: You must ensure that a quality eCommerce platform should integrate with several different apps, that ensures you to run everything from inventory to CRM from one single platform.
- Available themes: Design is the face of your online store, the design should look appealing and user friendly so that you can reduce the bounce rate of the user.Moreover, most of the platform provides some free themes and also they have some paid premium themes.
What Is The Best Ecommerce Platform?
Here, is my complete list of the best ECommerce Platform to choose from in 2022:
- Best Ecommerce Platfrom For Small Business: Wix
- Best Ecommerce Platfrom For Dropshipping: Shopify
- Best Ecommerce Platfrom For Big Business: BigCommerce
- Best Ecommerce Platform For Startups: 3dcart
- Best Multi-Channel Ecommerce Platform: Zyro
- Best Ecommerce Platform For WordPress: WooCommerce
- Best Open-SourceEcommerce Platform: nopCommerce
- Best Ecommerce Platform For Beginners: Volusion
- Best Ecommerce Platform For Creators: Sellfy
- Best B2B Ecommerce Platform: Yo!kART
- All-In-One Ecommerce Website Builder: Squarespace
- Best Free Online Store Platform: PrestaShop
- Best Platform For Ecommerce Website: Weebly
Above, I have mentioned some essential factors you must consider if you want to run your own online business from home with greater flexibility and save both time and money.
List Of Best eCommerce Platforms
Detailed List Of Best eCommerce Platforms 2021
eCommerce platforms are crucial to the business success of any online retail enterprise. It allows you to customize your product information and helps you to manage the functionality and the layout of your online store. Here are the top suggestions of the best eCommerce platform that helps you to design your website more creatively!
Best eCommerce Platform For 2021:
Wix is the best eCommerce platform for small businesses where you can launch, run and scale your online store with an industry-leading eCommerce website builder and advanced business features. Plus, it allows you to choose from 500+ free online store templates that suit every eCommerce business such as beauty stores, accessories stores, electronics stores, home decor stores, and many more. This allows you to shape your brand with Wix Logo Maker and get recognized with the custom domain name. Wix is one of the best online eCommerce platforms where you can extend your commercial reach with multichannel sales, and grow your product offering with dropshipping and print on demand.
With this online platform, you can grow your business by shifting your brick-and-mortar operation online. With your own eCommerce website, your business is open to a limitless new market, 24/7. Plus you can track and process all store orders with one dashboard, from purchase to delivery. Wix helps you to promote your business with built-in marketing tools like email marketing campaigns, promotional videos, original or readymade social posts, abandoned cart automation, and more.
With Wix you can easily create your own online eCommerce store:
- Log in to your account or sign up
- Choose from 500+ professional online store templates
- Customize your online store’s design
- Add products to your store
- Connect a payment provider and set up shipping
- Choose a custom domain
- Publish your eCommerce website and start selling
- 500+ professional templates: Wix helps you to design the store you’ve always envisioned.Plus, you can choose from over 500 stunning templates to suit every eCommerce business and customize anything exactly the way you want.
- Mobile-optimized storefront: With this eCommerce platform, you can sell and market your products to customers on the move.With an advanced, built-in mobile editor, your online store looks great on any device such as desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Extensive media library: Now,grab your customers’ attention with incredible, eye-catching imagery. In addition to this, get access a free library of 1M high-resolution images from Unsplash and interact with visitors using exclusive videos from Wix.
- Robust blog platform: With this eCommerce platform, you can engage and grow your customer base by adding a blog to your site. Plus, you can set up your blog, share your content on social and enjoy built-in features, like scheduled posts and additional blog contributors.
- Abandoned cart recovery: It helps you to turn leads into customers by recovering abandoned shopping carts. Plus, you can send automated emails encouraging shoppers to complete their purchase on your site and offer related products.
- Dropshipping: You can expand your product offering and get order fulfillment with no inventory risk or costs. Plus, you can source and sell products with dropshipping or create and sell your own print-on-demand products—all from your Wix dashboard.
- Customer loyalty & engagement: With Wix, you can engage your audience with native marketing solutions.And attract repeat visitors to your site with newsletters, add a blog, interact via live chat and create loyalty programs.
- Wix monitor your store with up-to-date product metrics and reports and reviews which item are best, based on the highest quantity sold, most revenue earned and most viewed
- Wix automatically sends events to Google about your store products, so you can view actions like product clicks, add to cart, payments, and purchases
- It allows you to focus on scaling your business and manage fulfillment and inventory for all your sales channels, keeping everything fully synced across the board
- Lets you choose a beautiful template and customize it to send product promotions and special offers to your contacts and attract repeat customers with automated email campaigns
- Allows you to import and export CSV files of your inventory and easily create and share a list of your store products
- It allows you to select and choose from dozens of leading payment gateways from Wix payments solutions to third-party gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Square, and more
Wix comes with 4 premium plans with 100s of templates, unlimited pages & top-grade hosting free:
- VIP Plan starts at $39/mo
- Pro Plan starts at $23/mo
- Unlimited Plan starts at $18/mo
- Combo Plan starts at $14/mo
Shopify is the best platform for eCommerce and is trusted by over 1,700,000 businesses worldwide. It is the best eCommerce platform for dropshipping where you can customize the design of your shop from over thousands of themes without any designing or programming skills required. Personally, I feel Shopify is the perfect solution for my eCommerce website, which is both easy to build and easy to maintain. Plus, you can create an eCommerce website backed by powerful tools that help you find customers, drive sales, and manage your day-to-day.
Plus using Shopify, you can easily sell products to anyone & anywhere in person with Point of Sale and online through your website, social media, and online marketplaces. Shopify comes with built-in marketing tools that help you create, execute, and analyze digital marketing campaigns. Over 1,700,000 businesses in 175 countries around the world have made over $200 billion in sales using Shopify. Plus, you can gain insights using a single dashboard to manage orders, shipping and payments and build a fully customized site.
Shopify makes it easy to build and manage your online store with powerful features, to impress your customers with a beautiful store.
- 70+ professional themes: It includes themes created by world-renowned designers like Happy Cog, Clearleft, and Pixel Union, you’ll love how your website looks on Shopify.
- Search engine optimized: Using Shopify, you can help potential customers find your store using search engines.Plus, Shopify supports SEO best practices like customizable H1, title, and meta tags.
- Multiple languages: This online store checkout comes in 50+ languages, and you can always translate your store’s theme to suit your needs.
- Product variations: Shopify offers different variations of your products, such as multiple sizes, colors, materials, and more.Plus, each variation can have its own price, SKU, weight, and inventory.
- Dedicated support team: The Shopify support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by email, live chat, and phone.Plus, you can get user guides and tutorials in the Shopify Help Center.
- Offer free shipping: With Shopify you can improve your average order size by offering free shipping to your customers. Plus, you can choose the price point at which free shipping applies.
- Mobile commerce ready: Shopify eCommerce platform includes a built-in mobile commerce shopping cart.Plus, your customers can browse and buy from your store using any mobile phone or tablet.
- Shopify allows you to host your entire website and comes with a full-featured content management system
- Shopify store includes a free 256-bit SSL certificate and all your pages, content, credit card, and transaction information is protected by the same level of security used by banks
- Shopify integrates with apps like Ordoro, Inventory Source, and eCommHub, making it easy to set up your dropshipping business
- With this eCommerce platform, you can manage your entire inventory, track stock counts, and automatically stop selling products when inventory runs out
- Includes an actionable dashboard of your sales, orders, and traffic to help you make the right choices for your business
- Get your products, inventory, orders, and customers automatically synced between the Shopify app and your online store
Shopify comes with a free 14 days trial and has 3 pricing plans:
- Basic Shopify costs $29/mo and is best suited for new ecommerce businesses with occasional in-person sales
- Shopify costs $79/mo and is best for growing businesses selling online or in-store
- Advanced Shopify costs $299/mo and is best for scaling businesses that require advanced reporting
BigCommerce is my 3rd favorite eCommerce platform for big business and makes your brand stand out in 2023. It is the most flexible, open SaaS platform where you can explore limitless possibilities to build, innovate and grow. It is a powerful eCommerce platform with building features like headless commerce integrations and multi-currency support and allows you to turn impossible commerce experiences into reality with the flexibility of open SaaS.
In addition to this, BigCommerce allows you to scale and grow smarter without complexity. With this best eCommerce platform for big business, you can create a robust, differentiated commerce experience without compromising security, stability, or scalability, and empowers you to focus on optimizing your business for growth.
With just 3 simple steps, you can tackle the complexity of selling online:
✔ Start a trial: In the first step, you have to build a store that caters to your unique business needs with the design tools, features, and support to get you up and running.
✔ Launch your store: With the second step, you can design and customize a beautiful storefront with powerful features and expert eCommerce support along the way.
✔ Grow your business: In the third step, you can build your brand with a storefront designed to jumpstart growth, from your very first sale onward.
- WordPress Integration: Now you can build your site on WordPress with full back-end platform enablement from BigCommerce for WordPress.
- Pay With Dozens Of Digital Wallets: Now you can make it easier for your customers to pay with dozens of digital wallets like Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal One Touch and more.
- Channel toolkit: Now you can easily discover,test, and onboard headless solutions from right within the BigCommerce control panel, saving significant developer resources.
- Marketplaces: BigCommerce allows you to sell where your customers are shopping by integrating with top marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon and Google Shopping.
- Quote management: With BigCommerce, you can manage quotes with native CSR generated quote management and third-party tools, including B2B Ninja and BundleB2B.
- APIs: This online store platform allows you to use the industry’s fastest APIs to automatically sync data from 3rd party systems (such as ERPs) seamlessly into BigCommerce.
- Support: BigCommerce offers 24/7 technical support, with supplemental Account Management, Solution Architecting, Technical Account Management, Implementation Project Management and in-house Catalog Transfer Services.
- Provides server-to-server API functions that enable a complete headless commerce experience
- Helps you to drive real-time business impact with critical metrics for orders, customer data, marketing, and more through the BigCommerce Analytics Dashboard
- Natively integrate with ShipperHQ to enable accurate quoting for cross-border shipping
- BigCommerce gives B2B customers a B2C-level experience with custom pricing at the SKU level for customer groups
- Allows you to capture more customers on social channels with Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram integrations
- Now you can easily make your site mobile-responsive from the homepage to checkout with any BigCommerce theme
- It allows you to meet the needs of your global shoppers by accepting payments in over 100+ currencies and offering local payment methods through the gateway of your choice
BigCommerce comes with 15 days free trial and 4 subscription plans:
- Standard plan costs $29.95/mo
- Plus plan costs $79.95/mo
- Pro plan costs $299.95/mo
- Enterprise plan offers custom pricing
With BIgCommerce, you can create your own professional platform, by choosing the right plan for your business. For more details please contact the official website.
3dcart is one of the best eCommerce platform for startups where you can build your own online store, from real-time shipping to your choice of payments. Plus you can increase visitors and sales with the best eCommerce platform for SEO. 3dcart is all-in-one software built for serious internet marketers, bursting with features, mobile-ready themes, the latest SEO standards, and marketing tools to help you increase conversion rates.
3dcart’s platform integrates every feature you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, with no need to install the software. Plus, it allows you to choose from a wide selection of free or premium themes and customize them as you see fit, with full FTP access to your site’s files. It is the most powerful eCommerce platform built for serious internet marketers, with the most comprehensive set of features and full control over your shopper’s buying experience.
Whether you drop ship or make your own products, 3dcart is the solution for you to handle your inventory.3dcart’s rich SEO features will boost your online store’s visibility, raise your ranking on search engines, and jumpstart your traffic. It includes a full suite of marketing tools that allow you to improve conversions by reaching out to customers and turning hesitant shoppers into repeat buyers through easy-to-setup promotions and sales.
- Automatic integration of Google AMP for product pages, which provides additional speed on mobile via instantaneous page loading
- 3dcart’s design tools put your store’s ideal look right at your fingertips and allow you to choose from hundreds of optimized themes and you’re ready to go
- With this eCommerce platform you can make small edits or even design it on your own with complete FTP access to customize your site’s theme to perfection
- Core themes are responsive design, which adjusts to every screen to provide the best possible shopping experience to both mobile and desktop customers
- Includes a free SSL certificate to secure your site and keep your customers’ data safe, without costing you extra and meets the high standards of credit card payment security, without your business needing to assume the costs of certification
- Get access to your own dedicated US-based ecommerce support team, ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round. Plus hands-on assistance to help you through every step of the process, either building a new online store or switching your existing website.
- Seamlessly and securely accept credit cards and digital wallets with our integrated payment processing solution
- Allows you to select from a wide range of professionally designed website templates, all of which are mobile-friendly, SEO optimized and highly customizable, and completely free
- Enables you to customize your site using our intuitive web design tool, edit the HTML and CSS directly, or access our network of web design experts to build your online shop
- 3dcart has powerful eCommerce integrations to grow your business such as Facebook, eBay, Amazon.com, and many more
- Allows you to change all the text on your site to match your business’s voice, including page names and pre-programmed text that customers will see as they shop on your store
- This powerful online store builder and a robust suite of inventory management tools enable you to design your store, sell digital downloads, track sales, and more
3dcart comes with 15 days free trial and 4 pricing plans for every business:
- Basic Store costs $29/mo with all essential features
- Plus Store costs $79/mo with complete marketing suite
- Pro Store costs $229/mo with eCommerce automation
- End-to-End Ecommerce costs $0/mo whic includes all features
For small businesses, 3dcart is the best platform for eCommerce website with advanced enterprise features and functionality.
Zyro is the best multi-channel eCommerce platform with over 150,000 websites built. With Zyro, you can choose a pre-built online store template or use drag-and-drop builder to create the perfect shopping experience. Plus, it allows you to sell on your online store and get access to a world of customers on Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon.
Zyro also allows you to manage all of your products and orders with Zyro’s intuitive dashboard where you can categorize everything and track inventory. It also allows you to check the order history, track payment, and many more. Zyro allows you to integrate with Google Analytics to maximize your sales and also lets you automate your marketing and target the right audiences to boost your sales.
With just 5 easy & fast steps you can start your online store with Zyro:
✔ Register with Zyro: Sign up for your Zyro account with your name and address
✔ Upgrade to an eCommerce plan: After creating an account, make sure you have upgraded to the eCommerce plan
✔ Pick a template and customize it: Choose from dozens of stunning, designer-made templates and customize them to suit your business.
✔ Add your products: Here, you have to use the store builder to create product listings for everything that you want to sell.
✔ Start selling: Enables you to create a marketing strategy to get your website out there. Plus, you can build a social media presence and set up a good email marketing infrastructure too.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Zyro comes with a drag-and-drop editor with handy grid features that lets you add, edit, and remove any elements you need.Plus, you can find a designer-made template that works well for your business and customize it to make it your own and attract new traffic on your Zyro website.
- Easy management: With one single dashboard, you can easily manage everything from inventory and orders to tracking, to reporting and customer service.
- Deep reporting: It is the best ecommerce platform for beginners lets you find out where where traffic comes from and optimize your conversions with tools like Google Analytics, Kliken, and MoneyData.
- Universal payment solution: Zyro eCommerce supports supports most popular credit cards and payment methods, from PayPal and Visa to Mastercard and more for your business.
- Free Hosting & Domain: Free hosting is included in every Zyro price plan, so you’ll never need to worry about extra hosting costs. Plus, Zyro premium plans come with 1 year of free domain registration.
- 24/7 support: Get dedicated customer support, if you run into any problems with any aspect of your website with dedicated customer success team.
- SSL security: Zyro ensures that your vistor data is safe,and your website is secured and search engines rank your website and get your website protected with HTTPS encryption.
- Allows you to get rich data of your website’s search engine performance with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Helps you to get insights from tools like Facebook pixel, Pinterest tag, Google Ad Tags, and Snapchat pixel to target your ads
- Allows you to edit desktop and mobile page layouts separately, and see how your pages will look on mobile devices before they’re published
- Get access and manage your online store from anywhere with an iOS and Android mobile app
- Connect with visitors with Facebook Live Chat integration, chat with your visitors directly on your website
Zyro comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and free hosting. Zyro comes with 4 subscription plans:
- Basic plan costs $2.90/mo for personal brands
- Unleashed plan costs $3.90/mo for business
- eCommerce plan costs $9.90/mo to start online selling
- eCommerce plus plan costs $14.90/mo to grow your business
WooCommerce is the best eCommerce platform for WordPress sites where you can set up a new store in minutes. This eCommerce platform is fully customizable where you can add features and extend the functionality of your store with official extensions from the WooCommerce Marketplace. With this platform, you can manage your business on the go with the WooCommerce Mobile App. Plus, you can create products, process orders, and keep an eye on key stats in real-time.
WooCommerce is developer-friendly and is scalable and can easily integrate with any service. WooCommerce lets you design a complex store from scratch, extend a store for a client, or simply add a single product to a WordPress site to make your store, your way. WooCommerce is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce communities with 80+ meetups worldwide! Plus, you can remotely work from 58 countries providing customer support across multiple time zones.
- Open-source eCommerce platform: Whether you’re launching a business, taking an existing brick and mortar store online, or designing sites for clients, you can get started quickly and build exactly the store you want with WooCommerce.
- Manage orders on the go: The dashboard of WooCommerce comes with a familiar interface for store managers to update products and fulfill orders.It helps you to save time with automated tax calculations, live shipping rates from leading carriers, options to print labels at home, and the mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Store enhancement: WooCommerce marketplace has hundreds of free and paid extensions that add features and functionality to your store. From store enhancements to marketing integrations, multichannel and point of sale, extend your store as your needs and budget grow.
- Affordable and scalable: It costs nothing to add WooCommerce to a WordPress Site. There is no fee on transactions beyond that of the payment service provider, making WooCommerce the most affordable way to start selling physical and digital goods online and to scale from 1 to 100,000+ orders per day.
- Offer flexible and secure payment: WooCommerce comes bundled with the ability to accept major credit cards, bank transfers (BACS), checks, and cash on delivery.
- Multilingual content: Now you can easily make your store more customer-friendly with multilingual content and prices in multiple currencies. WooCommerce is 100% translated into 24 languages, including Danish, Ukranian, and Persian.
- Add Jetpack: Using Jetpack, you can secure your site with authenticated customer logins, prevent spam and brute force attacks, and increase speed. Plus, you also get backups, downtime alerts, and tax and shipping services.
- WooCommerce is a robust platform with built-in advantages for anyone wishing to build a smooth multilingual experience for their customers
- WooCommerce Blocks allow you to select and display products in a modular way, where you can add Bestsellers, Top-Rated, New Products, On-Sale Products, products from specific categories
- WooCommerce is affordable with regular updates, customizable framework, REST APIs, and one of the greatest platforms for custom theme (user interactions) development in the industry
- Allows you to sell anything with WooCommerce and let your customers choose from endless product variations, subscription options, single items, or bundles
- Includes 140 region-specific gateways to choose from and integrate with, including Stripe, PayPal, Square, and Amazon Pay, plus Apple Pay, Google Pay, subscriptions, and deposits are also supported
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce WordPress Plugin. WooCommerce is the best extension of the WordPress platform and it is the best option for your WordPress where you can add eCommerce functionality for free!
nopCommerce is the best open-source ecommerce platform with the most popular ASP.NET shopping cart in the world based on Microsoft technologies. Plus it has 12 years of experience and 1500+ plugins, themes, language packs from 40+ countries. If you are a .NET developer and looking for an eCommerce. It is a great extensible eCommerce platform that supports the latest versions. NET. With nopCommerce, you can easily create the optimal eCommerce system according to our customer’s needs. It easily integrates with services like Paypal, Google, Stripe, Facebook, Microsoft Dynamics, and many more.
This online shopping platform is best for developers, small businesses, and enterprises with complex business needs. Plus, you can upload an unlimited number of products, manage several stores from one admin panel, and increase sales with built-in marketing tools. nopCommerce comes with the latest technologies and development trends with results in a constant increase in platform performance, security, and stability.
- Mobile commerce: nopCommerce supports a mobile version of your website with a compelling, feature-rich and graphically pleasing storefront, and it provides means for retailers to immediately deliver relevant offers, promotions and products.he mobile-responsive version works on any connected device, without requiring extra development or add-ons and is absolutely free.
- Multi-store: With the multi-store feature, you can run more than one store from a single nopCommerce installation. Plus you can host more than one frontend store on different domains and manage all admin operations from your single administration panel. And it also lets you create unique online stores for multiple brands, products, B2B, B2C, affiliates, co-branded stores and more.
- Breadcrumbs: nopCommerce supports breadcrumbs and they ease navigation within the search engine results page, which makes your listing look more attractive and trustworthy.Also, when it comes to huge websites, breadcrumbs can be a great way to help users identify where they are located.
- Checkout: nopCommerce supports 2 types of checkout such as Anonymous checkout which allows customers to checkout without creating an account.On the other hand, One-page checkout dramatically reduces the steps required in the checkout process and also helps to increase revenue and conversion rates by making the checkout easier for customers.Other checkout features include phone order support, SSL support, PDF order receipts and many more.
- Payment methods: nopCommerce allows you to accept all major credit and debit cards.nopCommerce supports refund (and partial refund) and void functionality.Plus, it allows you to limit payment methods per country and has official technology partnership relations with major payment processors across the globe.
- Shipping features: nopCommerce supports various shipping requirements and settings.It allows you to limit available shipping methods per country, or apply “no shipping required” (e.g. for services).nopCommerce allows your customers to give two different addresses for billing and shipping, so they can easily send items as gifts.Plus, it also supports in-store pickup & multiple shipments per order and tracking numbers and integrate with major shipping carriers e.g. UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.
- nopCommerce offer a considerable amount of flexibility to meet your store’s legal requirements, your preferences, and expectations of your customers and lets you easily manage all settings and details in the administration panel
- Includes great tools to provide high-quality customer service that allows your customers to register and log in using such services as OpenID, Facebook, Twitter, etc
- With the reward points program, you can offer points earned on the money spent at your store, plus redeem the points for additional products at your store
- Microsoft’s ASP.NET Core framework brings built-in security and lets you design a protection system from scratch to maintain a relative level of security
- nopCommerce supports license and user agreement attachments for downloadable products, such as music files or ebooks
nopCommerce is the best free eCommerce platform to use without any transaction fees or monthly fees.
Volusion is another powerful eCommerce platform with advanced functionality. With this platform, you can sell everything online where you can create your store, sell your products and grow your business. Not only this, it provides you with responsive themes and a comprehensive site builder where you can create a unique store without code in minutes.
Volusion includes powerful eCommerce features you need, such as inventory management, payment collection with unlimited product options. This platform also lets you connect with your favorite tools and has integrations with stripe, legal zoom, hover, PayPal, and many more. Volusion allows you to reach more customers and grow your sales with built-in SEO management, newsletters, and a CRM system. If you are looking for a store builder & eCommerce software or a marketing hub then Volusion is an all-in-one solution!
- Responsive themes: This platform includes fully customizable themes which are easily adaptable to any device whether your customers are tapping on their mobile phones or clicking ona desktop.
- Custom domain: Now you can make your store your own and optimize it for sales with a custom domain that lets shoppers and search engines easily access your site.
- Navigation Editor: Using this robust platform, you can give your customers a stellar shopping experience with a variety of navigation styles designed to help them browse with ease.
- Shipping options: with Volusion you can specify shipping types, require a signature, offer special discounts, provide flat options and set overall shipping rates.
- Powerful SEO: You can easily manage all of your metadata such as descriptions, title tags, URLs and more to keep your pages, products and categories SEO-friendly.
- Sell on Facebook, Ebay and Amazon: Volusion lets you expand your store to Facebook, Ebay, Amazon and beyond. In addition to this, you can enjoy Facebook store management right from your Volusion admin.
- Product display customization: Plus, you can give your customers the info they want with reviews, social sharing, availability notifications and a recent history feature.
- Gateway and payment processing: With this eCommerce platform, you can get paid you way with credit cards, Amazon Pay, cash, wire payment, PayPal, Stripe, electronic checks and money orders!
- Allows you to manage sales tickets and route them to specific departments with its easy-to-use CRM system
- Enables you to create user admin roles and permissions to access your admin, letting you have complete control of your store and easily view your admin history to keep track of changes to your site
- Helps you to have a look at your investments with comprehensive ROI tracking based on affiliates, ad campaigns, and newsletters
- Allows you to generate and manage store gift cards to provide shoppers with exactly what they want
- Enables you to link your social accounts to your store, and even post to Facebook and Twitter from the comfort of your own admin
Volusion comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Personal plan starts at $29/mo
- Professional plan starts at $79/mo
- Business plan starts at $299/mo
- Prime plan based on GMV
Sellfy is another best eCommerce platform for creators where you can sell merchandise or digital products all from one place. This is the ideal platform where you can set up your store in just a couple of clicks. Not only this, you can add your products, customize your store plus you can use built-in marketing features to grow your sales and business.
Sellfy also helps you to reach your audience and sell directly on social media, your own website, or anywhere else with a custom storefront. It also allows you to launch your print-on-demand store within minutes or you can sell your digital goods without any technical headaches. Other features include you can add a “buy now” button, a shopping cart, and more to your website. The best part is, it has an excellent support team available 24/7.
- Print-on-demand: Using this online shopping platforms, you can sell t-shirts, hoodies, mugs & hats using its built-in print on demand.Plus, it automatically print incoming orders and send them to your customers.
- Digital products: Here, you can sell ebooks, videos, audio & music, or any other files like PSD, AI and many more.Additionally, you can sell physical products & tangible items from your Sellfy storefront.
- Shopping cart: Sellfy allows you to earn more by letting your customers purchase multiple items at once with an online shopping cart.
- Customization: Sellfy allows you to add your logo, change colors and create the layout you want to match your brand.
- Email marketing: It allows you to send product updates to existing customers and collect newsletter subscribers on your store.
- “Buy now” buttons: With this platform you can add “buy now” buttons for any website and turn your existing pages into a store.
- Product cards: Now you can embed product cards to your website and monetize your existing content.
- Secure payments: Sellfy is PCI-DSS-ready and let your buyers’ payment information is handled by trusted payment processors.
- Powerful analytics: With this platform, you can easily see which products have been sold the most and where the buyers are coming from. Plus, it offer simple yet powerful tools to analyse your store and product performance.
- Automatically add buyers’ email addresses to every page of your PDF product file so that each customer gets a uniquely marked file
- Allows you to use PayPal and accept payments from customers in more than 200 countries
- Easily turn any website into a store by embedding your whole store with all of your products
- Enables you to sell anywhere with just a link and works great for social media, messaging, or direct communication
- Provides powerful upsells to users who go through checkout and increase your average order value
- Give your customers an automatically translated version of your store’s interface based on their location
Sellfy offers a 14-days free trial and comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Starter plan costs $19/mo
- Business plan costs $39/mo
- Premium plan costs $89/mo
All the plans include features such as sell digital and subscription products, shopping cart, multiple payment options, mobile-optimized, and powerful analytics.
yo!kart is a multivendor eCommerce platform that delivers a customizable multi-vendor marketplace for startups and large organizations to enter new markets, decrease time-to-market, build competitive advantage, delight, and accelerate the growth of your multi-vendor eCommerce business. Plus, it provides tailored shopping experiences for multilingual and multinational audiences with our online marketplace solution and mobile apps.
It is completely customizable and is the first choice of billion-dollar enterprises. yo!kart is the best B2B eCommerce platform where you can start building marketplace solutions for various niches, in both B2B and B2C segments. This eCommerce platform is specially designed for startups and SMBs. Yo!kart is a turnkey and features rich eCommerce marketplace solution to build multi-vendor stores such as Amazon, eBay, and Etsy. It provides best practices, & toolsets in place to deliver the right solution over distinct industries such as Fashion, Electronics, Jewellery, Furniture, Grocery, and Hardware!
Now, you can launch your online multi-vendor marketplace and leverage market opportunities with Yo!Kart’s feature-rich multi-vendor eCommerce software and ready-to-use mobile apps. It has aesthetically designed user dashboards that enable you & your vendors to make data-backed decisions. It offers customer-centric buyer and seller mobile apps for Android and iOS. Plus, it includes pre-integration with 3rd party APIs such as PayPal, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, TaxJar, and many more. They are very supportive and I received quality work from them and the team was very supportive.
- Order management: enables both admin and vendors to manage orders. With features like payment method, referral, site commission, and more, order management is the most efficient process enabled by Yo!Kart for its online marketplaces.comes with ample number of options to bring the marketplace in tune with the preference of users.
- Search Engine Optimization: It is very important for your marketplace to perform well in search results. Yo!Kart lets you update your sitemap with just one click and comes with SEO friendly options to improve search engine rankings.
- Localization settings: Now you can personalize local settings to serve your target customers as per their language, currency, time, etc. This eCommerce comes with ample number of options to bring the marketplace in tune with the preference of users.
- Data import/export feature: With this import/export feature you can make the transition effortlessly.Plus, this feature allows bulk upload and is available for both owner and vendors.
- Live chat: It provides assistance to visitors and customers by resolving their queries in real-time. With the option to integrate live chat feature, Yo!Kart enables you to offer the best customer service.
- Subscription module: It helps sellers to choose different plans to list their products using subscription packages.The module offers 3 different subscription packages, with each package enabling sellers list different number of products.
- Yo!Kart brings various features to manage shipments, such as modifying shipping and delivery charges, plus includes Shipstation API that integrates to save the time and money of shipping across all major countries
- With discount coupon management you can improve the shopping experience of your website visitors with discounts coupons, volume discounts, and special price discounts
- With email notification feature, it allows the admin to add multiple people to receive notification and keep the entire team in sync to make better decisions and take action in a collaborative way
- B2B eCommerce enables organizations to scale rapidly by introducing new sales channels and constantly reaching out to new market segments
- Yo!Kart marketplace software facilitates better inventory management by offering real-time inventory updates and helps vendors to list their products accordingly
- Offers standard integration with dozens of popular payment gateways with the scope of adding more using third-party integrations
yo!kart comes with 2 pricing plans:
- GoQuick costs $999 and provides lifetime ownership, with default design and no recurring payments
- GoCustom costs $6999 with lifetime ownership with fully custom design, self hosted and fully owned license
Squarespace is another powerful eCommerce platform that helps your online business to grow. It is known as the best website builder for anyone to create a website without any technical knowledge required. This platform includes easy-to-customize templates are crafted by world-class designers to help create the web’s most expressive online stores. It also allows you to showcase your products at their best and allows your visitors to browse your merchandise, add items to their cart, and check out simply and efficiently.
If you want to create a website for your business and attract new customers. There are 4 simple ways to book services:
✔ Schedule appointments with online bookings and calendars
✔ Collect customer emails and build mailing lists
✔ Announce your latest news with integrated social channels
✔ Easily embed maps to help customers find your business
- Various ways to sell: Whether you’re a restaurant in need of a booking system, an online magazine that wants to sell subscriptions, or a musician ready to drop your latest track, this eCommerce platform supports the way you do business.It allows you to sell subscriptions, sell digital content or you can sell in person.
- Flexible payments & checkouts: With Squarespace’s integrated systems, you can manage the logistics of your online store efficiently such as built-in tax tools, offer digital codes and gift cards, secure checkout on every device, and lets you improve conversion with abandoned cart recovery.
- Connected commerce tools: Now you can run and grow your business by taking advantage of the best-in-class commerce integrations such as TaxJar, ups, PRINTFUL, FedEx, ShipStation.
- Mobile store management: The Squarespace app helps you run your business from anywhere. Plus, you can track inventory and connect with customers while you’re on-the-go.
- Inventory Management: This platform helps you merchandise, organize and manage an unlimited number of products with tags, categories, and our drag-and-drop sorting tool.
- Rich product displays: Now you can give shoppers the best browsing experience with rich product descriptions, embedded videos, images for each product variant, and much more.
- Sales overview: With this website builder you can easily track how key performance metrics, such as Revenue, Units Sold, Orders, Visits, Conversion Rate, Average Order Volume, and Revenue Per Visit, change over time.
- Abandoned cart: It lets you gain insight into how many of your carts are being abandoned, recovered, and the revenue those represent.
- Import and export products and data: It is very easy to move your existing products from Shopify Big Cartel, Etsy, or any other platform to Squarespace with its .csv importers.Plus, you can export your order data to .csv format for accounting and spreadsheet tools.
- Includes best design options of any eCommerce website builder with the excellent inventory system and analytical tools
- Squarespace allows you to create a website without having to learn a line of code or find your own website host
- Squarespace provides a phone support option, and you will get a 24/7 email support function, live chat, and a comprehensive help library to get you started
- Provides social media integrations or fantastic online checkout systems and ensures that you can monetize your website with ease
- Offers a free domain name with a purchase of an annual plan
- Unlike other website builders, Squarespace is famous for offering fantastic reliability and performance and keep your website running for a long period of time
Squarespace comes with 4 pricing plans for enterprises, businesses, and individuals seeking tailored, hands-on support:
- Personal plan costs $12/mo
- Business plan costs $18/mo
- Basic commerce cost $26/mo
- Advanced commerce costs $40/mo
PrestaShop is an efficient and innovative e-commerce solution with all the features you need to create an online store and grow your business. It has around 30,000 merchants with over 1,000,000+ community members, 1000+ contributors, and 250+ agencies who are working in collaboration and basically improved and optimized by developers.
Plus, this platform also allows you to customize your store by choosing colors and select among professional-looking themes. In addition to this, you can manage your products, orders and track your statistics and share your content on social networks and your blog and attract more visitors using this best online store platform. Lastly, you can sell globally and present your store in several languages and currencies.
- With the product features, you can quickly create products, configure features, sell customizable goods by letting your customers upload files, create categories & subcategories & also track the inventory of each product
- With the customization features, you can configure the shipping methods, display of the products, organize your products in your store, display a summary page before the customer validate the cart and many more
- Market your store by creating special offers on various basis such as products, customer and also offers free shipping.Plus you can display complete product page with call to action buttons, cross-selling and promotional content
- Easily manage orders and create a workflow of statuses for both order & return process, receive notification for new orders, create templates of emails & send default emails
- Get deep insights where you can get an overview of your main data, define objectives and track your progress, get data about shipping methods and get an overview of all the carts currently opened with stats
- Prestashop is available in more than 75 languages, which helps you grow your e-commerce business regardless of the country or currency of your customers
- Includes a large library of third-party plugins and extensions available at PrestaShop marketplace for any specific functionality needs
- Quite easy to use compared to other open-source e-commerce software and has lots of free plugins to help you set up a great basic shop
- A robust CRM tool for customer management and provides quick and easy communication with clients or customers
- Easy to set up and deploy with minimal hardware requirements and updates are pushed regularly
- Includes lots of potential for customization and development overrides to shape the system the way it is needed
If you are a developer and want to build a unique eCommerce store, then PrestaShop is the best free solution to try!
Weebly is another complete eCommerce website builder that lets you sell your products online. It provides shoppers with the convenience of a fully integrated shopping cart and a secure checkout experience directly from your eCommerce website. Weebly’s shopping cart software is set up automatically when you create your online store so you can start selling online immediately, without any technical skills needed.
It allows you to choose a unique online store design with a customizable theme to showcase your products. In addition to this, it includes an easy-to-use drag & drop builder that helps you launch your online store quickly. Other features include coupon builder and custom gift cards, product search and badges, customer reviews and other checkout options, and a fully integrated shopping cart and tax calculator.
With the shipping tool, you can easily send your products domestically or internationally and get real-time shipping rates dynamically by carrier, address, weight, and quantity. One of the best features is to track inventory and supply with advanced inventory management tools such as bulk import and export features to help you manage a growing online store.
- Powerful eCommerce website builder: You can get your eCommerce website up and running as simple as choosing a design theme, adding your products, setting up shipping and taxes, then selecting your preferred way to accept payments. Plus, it automatically create a storefront for you to customize as much or as little as you’d like, including the option for full CSS/HTML control and editing.
- Free eCommerce hosting: This platform provides Reliable, world-class cloud hosting that’s redundant and scalable that means your online store is always available. Plus, it ensures that your eCommerce website loads quickly every time, no matter how much traffic you receive.
- Search Engine Optimized Online Stores: Weebly’s eCommerce websites are designed with search engines in mind so customers can find you and automatically optimize your site and product pages to start ranking for search results and you can also customize for advanced metadata optimization and tracking.
- Custom store design: With this software, you can drag and drop products or store categories anywhere on your site to drive sales.Moreover, it has flexible eCommerce design elements and make it easy to fully customize your storefront experience for visitors and customers.
- Process and manage orders: Now you can easily process and manage orders from end-to-end with order confirmation emails, shipment tracking notifications, refunds and returns processing and real-time reporting for orders and sales.
- Real-time shipping: It allows you to save time and money with real time shipping rates across a variety of carriers. Plus, the shipping rates are determined dynamically based on the customer’s shipping address and products in the order.
- Allows you to effortlessly create email campaigns by dragging and dropping content directly from your site and store into an email template
- Weebly automatically creates a ready to send email when you add a new product, category, or coupon code to keep your customers in the loop
- Enables you to choose from a variety of payment options including Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and Square
- Easily import your store from Etsy, Shopify or upload a CSV file directly into Weebly’s eCommerce platform for fast and easy setup
- Offer live chat, email support, and a variety of resources to assist you every step of the way to get your store up and running
Weebly comes with a free option and 3 pricing plans:
- Basic Use costs $0
- Connect costs $5/mo
- Pro costs $12/mo basically for groups and organizations
- Business costs $25/mo basically for small business and stores
Ecommerce has emerged as the single biggest growth driver in the worldwide marketplace. At its simplest form, eCommerce software enables a business to sell products and services online. Traditionally, businesses had to purchase on-premise, standalone eCommerce software that required extensive IT setup and in-house management with specialized development teams.
An eCommerce platform helps customers across all channels in a centralized order and efficiently fulfill orders from all your sales channels and provides improved efficiency with deeper customer engagement and satisfaction.
There are various eCommerce platforms that offer different features and prices. But before you choose the right platform always ensure that your website is constantly updated and has a seamless payment processing system, and also ensure security for your service and customer data.
If you take my suggestion, then Wix is my favorite choice, but if you are looking for the best eCommerce platform for large businesses then BigCommerce is a good option! In case you are looking for the best platform for drop shipping then Shopify is the best choice! For running any local or retail business, Squarespace is perfect for small stores!
Keep in mind the following points before you choose the best eCommerce platform:
- Site Speed
- Uptime 99.99%
- Product Options
- App Store
- Marketing Tools
- Affordable Pricing
- Transaction fees
- Integrates with the payment gateways
- Free domain name for small business
- Free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee
Thank you for reading this article. Hope you have enjoyed it till the end! What is your favorite eCommerce platform? Don’t forget to share in the comment section below! If I am missing any platform, please suggest me, guys! Happy to respond to you all!