Need a photo organizer? Here are my top picks for the best photo management software, each of which offers features to take care of both the organizational and editing needs of your digital photos.
If you need to organize and maintain large collections of image files, continue reading this article to find the best photo management software with features tailored to your needs.
List Of Best Photo Management Software And Tools
Every time I travel outside, I noticed hundreds of people are taking pictures and selfies all around me. People are addicted to taking photos, including me too. And I believe that credit goes to our social media platforms. A couple of years ago people used to take photos to capture memories of a moment. But today in this digital age, we are taking millions of photos for Social Media. As a result, it’s becoming difficult for us to manage them.
A year back, I have heard the term ” Photo Management Software“. After that, I researched about it and discovered that this is the software that I was trying to find for years. I personally have a huge love for photography or you can say that photography is one of my hobbies. As a photographer, photo management software is a must-have along with picture editing software. It helps me keep track of all of those photos and share them with clients.
Use this Table Of Content To Jump To Any Section Of This Article.
Table Of Contents
What Is Photo Management Software?
Photo management software is a comprehensive program that organizes digital photos, making them easy to share. Companies with large image libraries use these programs to help their users quickly locate photos, which increases their productivity. A photo management tool is like a large photo album that is digital and searchable.
By leveraging image management software, users easily find the image they are looking for and start collaborating on it immediately with other relevant stakeholders, such as photographers, agencies, or fellow team members.
What Can Photo Management Software Do?
- Find the image you are looking for in mere seconds.
- Set tailored privacy and copyright options for the image files.
- Keep all company images secure in a branded web portal.
- Enable tailored access for different departments, partners, distributors, and clients to keep everyone in sync with the newest images.
There are many Photo Organizer Software that is available in the market and you may get confused while choosing the best one for yourself. So to make your decision easier, I am going to list down some of the Best Photo Management Software. So without any ado let’s get started.
Detailed Review Of Best Photo Management Software
This photo organizing software from Movavi for Windows and Mac will help you save time managing your digital image collection. This program will help you manage your entire photo collection, including images in RAW, JPEG, PNG, and many other formats. Movavi’s photo organizer will be an essential tool for anyone who values their time as much as their photo collection. This is the best photo management software mac.
Movavi Photo Manager Features:
- Facial Recognition: The program detects faces in photos and automatically creates an album of images for each person.
- Photo Tagging: Add tags to image files using Movavi’s picture organizer so you can easily navigate around your photo library.
- Geolocation: Review the automatically created photo albums sorted by country. Filter images in these albums by city.
- Similar photos: The program automatically selects visually similar images. You can edit them together, add them to an album, or choose the best and delete the rest.
- Backup Copies: Copy your image archive with all photos, albums, tags, and places. Restore the data in case of loss.
- Movavi’s photo organizer will automatically sort your images by date and GPS coordinates
- You can view photos in full-screen mode in many popular image formats using Movavi’s fast and reliable picture organizer.
- Switch between Movavi Photo Manager and Movavi Photo Editor at the click of a button.
- Easily find pictures in your photo library that were taken in a particular city or country.
- Tag images to sort them by an event. Add the best pictures to your favourites.
- Easily manage, view, and edit photos using Movavi’s organizing system.
Movavi Photo Manager Pricing:
Movavi Photo Manager provides three pricing plans for both personal and business use:
- Photo Manager: $39.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor: $59.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor + Slideshow Maker: $79.95
- Photo Manager: $99.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor: $149.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor + Slideshow Maker: $199.95
The first photo management software on my list is Adobe Bridge. Adobe Bridge is a powerful creative asset manager that lets you preview, organize, edit, and publish multiple creative assets quickly and easily. With the use of this software, you can edit metadata, add keywords, labels, and ratings to assets. This enables you to Organize photos using collections and find them using powerful filters and advanced metadata search features. Another highlight of this software that I personally liked the most is that you can collaborate with Libraries and publish to Adobe Stock right from Bridge. This is overall the best photo management software pc.
The developer of the adobe Bridge software is continuously adding new features to the software and Creative Cloud members get them as soon as they release them. Recently Adobe Bridge has added some features in their new update:
- Dynamic video thumbnails to quickly preview the content.
- Image resizing by fit or fill.
- Export panel improvements
- Enhanced video support
Key Adobe Bridge Features:
- Powerful Creative Asset Workflows: Adobe Bridge lets you visualize all your creative assets (including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, and Substance 3D files) with thumbnails and rich previews.You can edit your assets by opening them right inside Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
- Import and Export: Import your digital photos using the Photo Downloader, which lets you rename files or convert to DNG during import. You can do batch rename or batch export to your photos with various size and scale options.
- Industry Leading Photo Editing: You can open your raw images for editing in Adobe Camera Raw directly from Bridge.For targeted editing, you can open photos right in Photoshop.
- You can export images to multiple formats using the new Export panel.
- Create professional-looking portfolios of your photos, illustrations, or InDesign files using PDF contact sheets.
- Can use advanced filters, collections, and search to find the assets you’re looking for.
- Can organize your assets with labels, ratings, metadata, and keywords.
- Use PDF contact sheets to create portfolios of your photos, illustrations, or InDesign files.
Adobe Bridge Pricing:
Adobe Bridge software is not a standalone tool. It comes with the complete Creative Cloud package. And it cost $20.99 per month for the entire Creative Cloud package.
Lightroom is a cloud-based service that gives you everything you need to create, edit, organize, store, and share your photos across any device. Adobe Lightroom offers the industry standard in photo management software. And with the power of Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence technology, your online photo storage does a lot to manage itself, so you never have to worry about losing track of your most high-quality shots. This is the best mac photo management software.
When You take lots of photos and edit lots of photos, you have to spend lots of time on the hassle of managing them. Lightroom provides photo management software that makes it easier and more efficient than ever to store photos online in such a case.
Adobe Lightroom Features
- Save And Share: Lightroom enable you to manage your image library from any computer or mobile device and gives you access to everything you want to share, whenever you want to share it.
- Intelligent Image Search: Adobe Sensei’s machine learning recognizes the content of your image files, so you can get right to what you’re looking for. Thus you can find those photos from the mountain or, with facial recognition, the photos of your friend whether you added keywords or not.
- Custom categories: Lightroom comes equipped with organizational tools like ratings and flags so you can mark the photos you like best and create albums with a click. With all your images in one easy-to-find place, you can use these tools to view any set you want.
- Storage: Lightroom pairs powerful photo management software with enough storage space for your whole image library. You can start with 1 terabyte of cloud storage, and opt for more as needed. Discover online photo storage that’s impressively organized and always reliable.
- All your photos are in one place.
- No need for endless copies of the same image.
- Add and organize your photos from anywhere.
- Find photos by content with auto-tagging.
- Organize your images online by using albums, flags, and ratings.
- Make uploading images easy from email or message attachments to printing photos or posting online.
Adobe Lightroom Pricing:
You can try Lightroom free for 7 days then it will cost you US$9.99/month.
MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe is more than just easy-to-use photo organizing software. You can use this powerful tool to organize, optimize, and backup your picture collection. You will be amazed at how easy you can create and manage your digital photos into an organized collection of photo albums.
Magix Photo Manager Deluxe Features:
- Cloud Import: Import your images from various cloud services directly into Photo Manager Deluxe. This way you can combine your local photo libraries with your cloud services.
- Wide Range Of Formats: View and organize RAW files or enjoy videos in AVCHD format. Photo Manager Deluxe supports all conventional photo and video formats. (Note: Support of original camera formats (RAW formats) offers more flexibility when image editing.)
- Intelligent Selection: With Photo Manager Deluxe, you can import your media from your scanner or camera directly into the program. The intelligent Selection Wizard uses innovative image analysis to sort out poor shots, duplicates and blurry photos.
- Save disk space & time: Virtual albums allow you to assign the same picture to several collections without having to save the image to the hard drive several times. With additional metadata such as names, events or locations, you can search through your photos even faster.
- Prevent unwanted access to your images & videos using password protection.
- Create backups of your media from within the program and get automatic reminders.
- Auto backups of your image database let you recover accidentally deleted files with a few clicks.
- MAGIX Photo Manager helps you maximize your photo and video collection by letting you edit, sort and organize your photos and videos with ease.
- This software can run on operating systems like Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista.
Magix Photo Manager Pricing
Magix Photo Manager offers a 30-day free trial. However, it provides paid plans for more advanced photo management and editing features.
Here are all the pricing plans offered by Magix:
- MAGIX Photo Manager: Free
- MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe: $49.99
- MAGIX Photostory Deluxe: $69.99
I don’t think you need any special introduction for this tool. Google Photos is very popular among all mobile and PC users and is one of the free photo management software. Google Photos can securely back up your photos and videos and lets you access them from any device. Your Photos are automatically organized and searchable so you can easily find the photos you are looking for. This is photo management software free.
Google Photos Features
- Access From Anywhere: You can access to your stored photos from any device, and from anywhere anytime.
- Editing Tools: Comes with editing tools and smart filters.
- Integration: You can integrate the magic of Photos into third-party apps, so its easier than ever to access, edit, print , bacl-up photos.
- Secure: Google services are continuously protected by the world’s most advanced security infrastructure. This built-in security detects and helps prevent online threats, so you can be confident your personal information is secure.
- No Ads: Google Photos doesn’t sell your photos, videos, or personal information to anyone and we don’t use your photos and videos for advertising.
- Map View: You can view your photos by location on an interactive map that only you can see. This map view is populated using location data saved in your Google Account. You can edit and remove the location info used to populate the map.
- Face grouping features automatically group similar faces and sorts them for you making it easy to search and manage your photos.
- Easy and secure controls allow you to share your content with specific people or you can use a shareable link to share it more broadly.
- It has an advanced security infrastructure and easy-to-use privacy controls so you can safely store and share your memories.
- You can upload images in multiple resolutions according to your storage availability.
- AI-based assistant creates animation and slide shows using similar images.
Google Photos Pricing
Google Photos is completely free to use and provides unlimited storage. However, you can only save images with 16MP resolution, while videos get compressed to 1080p in the free version.
If you want to save original files, you can go with the paid subscription plan that starts at $1.99 per month for 100GB.
ACDSee Photo Studio was designed to provide all the tools you need to find, sort, move, organize, and share your digital assets. Facial recognition, ratings, hierarchical keywords, categories, tags, colour labels, and location data help you sort your images for further processing, while extensive metadata and batch options help facilitate an efficient workflow.
Some Key ACDSee Features:
- DAM: ACDSee offers the best Digital Asset Management (DAM) software on the market. With features like instant, import-free access to your photos, customizable categories and keywords, as well as extensive means to sort, search, and share, you will find flexible organizational tools to satisfy any workflow.
- Facial Recognition: The Face Detection & Facial Recognition tool will find the humans in your photographs so that you can name the individuals for quick searching and isolating. ACDSee will immediately learn which names to put to which faces, saving you hours of tedious manual skimming. Keep photos distinguished by client, family member, or a person of interest.
- Location Data: The Map pane displays the location where your images were taken using embedded latitudinal and longitudinal information, allowing you to isolate groups of files by region for processing. You can also drag and drop images onto the map to geotag them.
- Import Face Data (64-bit): Import face data from Lightroom and Picasa and save the effort of renaming everyone in your images. Facial Recognition will then find any matching faces in your ACDSee database.
- Support For HEIF: Decode HEIF files – a high efficiency media container format type for images and image sequences – in ACDSee Photo Studio.
- Duplicate Finder find duplicates across a variety of folders and locations.
- An improved process for renaming multiple images.
- New toggle options for Quick Search makes finding images in large databases much faster.
- Add watermarks with more accuracy – particularly beneficial for applying watermarks to a batch of images.
- Batch Resize tool lets you resize multiple images to any dimension, following pixels or percentages, along either edge or as print size.
- Improved crop tool with relative positioning functionality allows you to crop multiple images in seconds.
- ACDSee now comes pre-loaded with a variety of usable sample quick keyword sets which helps in keyword management.
ACDSee offers multiple plans like
- ACDSee Photo Studio Home
- ACDSee Photo Studio Professional
- ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate
The mentioned plans have digital asset management features. The home plan starts with $8.90/month. And the annual plan will cost you $89 /year. In this way, there are different subscription plans available under the 3 above-mentioned Plans.
digiKam is another advanced open-source digital photo management application that runs on Linux, Windows, and macOS. The application provides a comprehensive set of tools for importing, managing, editing, and sharing photos and raw files.
You can use digiKam’s import capabilities to easily transfer photos, raw files, and videos directly from your camera and external storage devices (SD cards, USB disks, etc.). The application allows you to configure import settings and rules that process and organize imported items on the fly.
digiKam organizes photos, raw files, and videos into albums. But the application also features powerful tagging tools that allow you to assign tags, ratings, and labels to photos and raw files. You can then use filtering functionality to quickly find items that match specific criteria.
Some Key Digikam Features:
- Free and Open Source: digiKam is an open-source application that respects your freedom.
- Large Collections: digiKam can easily handle libraries containing more than 100,000 images.
- Efficient Editing Workflow: With DigiKam, you can process raw files, edit JPEGs, publish photos to social media.
- Support for all digital camera models that work with Gphoto2
- Support of RAW pictures using LibRaw included in digiKam core. More than 1000 proprietary RAW camera formats are supported
- Leverage the‘ Tags Manager’ feature to organize the tag’s properties and hierarchies.
- Can Browse, compare, and view items in your collections
- digiKam support multiple collections hosted from different media, as local, removable, or from the network.
digiKam is open-source software so it is absolutely free to use.
Phototheca is a digital photo management software that makes it easy to view, sort, organize, edit, and share thousands of digital photos and videos on a PC. This software enables you to import photos from various sources: drives, NAS, network shares, memory cards, and smartphones. Remove duplicates, tag photos with keywords, recognize and tag faces, arrange photos into albums, edit and share to Web.
Phototheca is also a photo editing software and has a rich tool-set of tools to improve photos and bring them to life with a new stunning look. Phototheca gives the most useful tool-set to organize and structure photos. Create a sophisticated, multi-level photo Library with Events, Albums, Folders, and Smart Albums.
Some Key Phototheca Features:
- Facial Recognition: Cutting edge AI-driven faces recognition feature identifies the same person on all photos across the library and puts them to albums automatically. Photothea automatically recognizes people and gathers all photos of the same person into an album with a name, thus help user to organize their photos more effectively.
- Smart Album : A Smart Album automatically gathers and displays photos in your Library that meet the criteria you specify.
- Keywords and Search: Tag photos and videos with keywords. Find photos in a second with the Search feature. Add, replace, and remove keywords in a batch. Smart Search feature searches over titles, keywords, names, dates, ratings, years, and weekdays. It supports fuzzy search and sophisticated logical operators.
- Duplicates Detection: Duplicates detection and removal feature spots copies of image files and gives a way to see where all duplicates are located and delete them all.
- Built-in Photo Editor: Edit photos and perfect your best shots with editing tools.
- Striking Filter Effects: You can apply high-quality photo filters and get the unique look of photos. To keep Phototheca a simple photo editing software, this software is packed with a bunch of built-in photo filters. With just a click, you can apply one of 56 high-quality photo filters to your photos and get a unique and outstanding look without extra effort. In addition to traditional photo filters, Phototheca includes few extravagant filters that can give a dramatic or unusual look to photos as well.
- Phototheca can read, write, and modify keywords on images.
- You can add descriptions to images and albums. Descriptions are stored in IPTC and XMP sections in metadata parts of JPEG files.
- Easy import from local drives, SD Card, Network shares and iOS.
- Phototheca supports multiple RAW camera formats using the advantages of the RAW processing unit.
- With Phototheca, you can easily export a part of your library to another place.
- Phototheca remembers and constantly tracks all locations with imported photos.
Phototheca Pricing :
Phototheca has 3 plans:
- Home – $39.95 (one time payment)
- Pro – $49.95 (one time payment)
- Premium– $54.95 (one time payment)
Your order includes:
1. Perpetual license
2. Your license key right after purchase
3. An additional email with your license key and invoice
4. 30 days money-back guarantee
5. Regular or Premium Support
Faststone is photo management and image viewing software that helps you organize, edit, rename, and add text and watermark to your images.
This software supports all the major image formats, including JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPEG 2000, animated GIF, ICO, TIFF, PCX, WMF, TGA, etc. It also supports digital camera RAW formats like CR2, CR3, NEF, CRW, PEF, DNG, RW2, X3F, and more. FastStone provides four sub-products for various tasks:
- FastStone Image Viewer: It is a fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. It has a nice array of features that include image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, retouching and color adjustments.
- FastStone Capture: It is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool and screen video recorder. It allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular / freehand / fixed regions as well as scrolling windows / web pages.
- FastStone MaxView: It is a fast, compact and innovative image viewer that supports all major graphic formats. Its intuitive layout lets you view images in a variety of ways. It even lets you view images in password-protected ZIP, RAR and 7-Zip archive files directly and instantly, which is a perfect solution for viewing private images.
- FastStone Photo Resizer: It is an image converter and renaming tool that intends to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode. Drag and Drop mouse operation is well supported.
Some Key FastStone Features:
- Support multithreading: This software can process multiple images simultaneously for better performance.
- Special Effects: You can add special effects to the images like drop shadow, framing, bump map, sketch, oil painting, lens and more.
- Powerful Image Editing Tools: You can Resize/resample, rotate/flip, crop, sharpen/blur, adjust lighting /colors/curves/levels etc.
- Portable version: Offer portable version of the program which can be run from a removable storage device.
- Image browser and viewer with a familiar Windows Explorer-like user interface
- True Full-Screen viewer with convenient image zoom support and unique fly-out menu panels
- Image management, including file tagging and drag-and-drop to copy/move/re-arrange files
- Organize and group tabs in multiple workspaces (optional). Each workspace remembers its last-used folder and works as a separate instance of the internal editor.
- Crystal clear and customizable magnifier, a single click to see image details.
- Resize, crop, change colour depth, apply colour effects, add text, watermark and border effects.
- Convert and Rename images in batch mode.
FastStone Pricing :
The cost of the 5 different FastStone Photo management products:
- FastStone Image Viewer – $34.95 (Lifetime License)
- FastStone Capture – $19.95 (Lifetime License)
- FastStone Capture – $49.95 (Lifetime License)
- FastStone MaxView – $19.95 (Lifetime License)
- FastStone Photo Resizer – $19.95 (Lifetime License)
The lifetime Licence will be valid for all future versions and the updates are always free.
PicaJet is a powerful, feature-rich, but highly customizable and convenient digital photo management and image database software that will efficiently organize your fast-growing digital image collection. Although PicaJet is designed as a standalone digital asset management system, you can use it in a network environment.
Some Key PicaJet Features:
- Unlimited category-nesting levels: Organize your image categories with no limitations on nesting depth! You can create highly complex category structures or simple ones. It is up to you and depends entirely on your needs and not on any program limits.
- Fast Photo Indexing: PicaJet utilizes OpenGL graphic acceleration and optimized image processing techniques to index your photo collection at blazingly fast speeds. PicaJet can also relieve you of the time-consuming cataloging chore by automatically importing metadata information and folder names as categories. Many of our customer testimonials praise the high speed indexing of PicaJet.
- Assign images to different categories using icon sets: One of the most important benefits of the Picajet digital photo management tools is the ability to assign ONE picture to SEVERAL categories simultaneously. Contrast this with a conventional folder structure where each picture file can only exist in one folder. PicaJet also allows you to customize categories with icons from a standard icon set or it can generate the icon from the imported image itself. Now you can quickly find any required category using intuitive visual cues.
- Sorting and grouping by any criterion: You can sort and group images and movies by any criteria including EXIF fields which contain camera shooting parameters. These include Camera Model, ISO, shutter speed, F-Number, and so on. You can even group the pictures by folders, rating, imported time, etc. and then track these groups from the “Group By” panel.
- Can Save photos to CD and DVD as a web-based photo album.
- You can export the database contents in XML format. The exported XML file also functions as a useful database backup file.
- PicaJet can resize and convert image files “on the fly” during copy or move operations.
- PicaJet supports almost all RAW file formats and allows you to render/convert RAW files to various output picture formats like JPEG, TIFF, BMP and more.
- The super zoom feature! Thanks to full hardware OpenGL acceleration support, you can smoothly zoom in and out of a picture using just a single mouse click.
- You can sort and group images and movies by any criteria including EXIF fields that contain camera shooting parameters.
- PicaJet allows you to store offline images on DVD or CD while retaining much smaller thumbnail versions of the images on your PC hard drive for quick access.
PicaJet has two plans :
- Single Licence – $59.95 US
- Family License – $99.95 US
Zoner is a photo organizing software that comes with four sections – Manager, Develop, Editor, and Create. Some of its standard features include RAW processing, layer support, presets, and cataloging.
In the Manager section, you can organize your photos based on keywords, titles, calendar dates, and colour labels. The organizing software also allows you to add GPS location to your photos. By doing this, you will be able to search your images based on locations and see it all on a map.
Some Key Zoner Photo Studio Features
- Get Your Photos Organized: Organizing a photo collection means much more than just folders. Zoner Photo Studio offers a wide range of tools for getting your collection organized, no matter whether you have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of photos.
- The Catalog: When you import photos from your camera using ZPS, it saves all the important information about them into a database called the Catalog. The Catalog makes organizing and searching in your photos much faster than if you worked with Windows Explorer or another file browser.
- Photo Enhancement: You can add colors to your photos, brighten them, or give them a magical atmosphere. Thanks to the Automatic edits in the Develop module it will be easy as pie. Plus, the edits will never degrade your original photo. And when you’d like to play a bit more, you can turn to the Editor, with layer support and every tool you might need.
- Sharing: Zoner Photo Studio offers a number of ways to share photos with your family, friends, and the whole world online. And if you like creating calendars, photo books, or canvas prints, you’re in luck—Zoner Photo Studio lets you compose them and then order their professional printing and delivery in just a few clicks.
- Zoner Photo Cloud – This feature keeps all your photos safe in cloud storage. The basic plans give you up to 20GB of space. Also, you can get up to 1TB of storage for $19.99.
- You can give Descriptions and keywords to the photos for finding photos fast.
- Auto-sorting into folders by date, place, and keywords.
- You can access photos from disconnected and corrupted hard disks.
- Support for both RAW and bitmap formats.
- You can add star ratings and colored labels.
- Auto-sorting into folders by date, place, and keywords.
Zoner Photo Studio Pricing
Zoner Photo Studio will cost you $49/ Year and $4.99/month. Available payment methods: debit card, PayPal.
XnView MP is a versatile and powerful photo viewer, image management, image resizer. XnView is one of the most stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive photo editors. All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2).
XnView MP Features:
Photo Viewer: With XnView, you can browse, organize, and view your images in numerous ways like Thumbnail View,
FullScreen View and FilmStrip View more.
- Photo Editor: XnView allows you to process your images with an arsenal of editing tools like Resize, Rotate, Crop, Lossless Rotate & Crop (jpeg), Adjust Brightness, Contrast and more.
- Compatibility: XnView MP supports more than 500 image formats (including Multipage and animated still formats APNG, TIFF, GIF, ICO, etc..) and export to about 70 different file formats.
- Batch Conversion: XnView MP comes with an easy to use yet powerful batch conversion module.
- Windows, macOS and Linux are now supported in both 32 and 64-bit versions.
- XnView MP offers Unicode support.
- Considerable improvements have been made in terms of performance.
- XnView MP is provided as FREEWARE (NO Adware, NO Spyware) for private or educational use (including non-profit organizations).
XnView MP Pricing
|Number Of Licences||Price per license|
|More than 1000||3.90 €|
SmugMug is another tool that is popular for storing photos. If you want unlimited cloud storage for your photos at a single fixed price with incredible photoprotection, SmugMug is that place for you. The main plus point of this SmugMug software is that it gives unlimited Photo Storage at an affordable price range.
Some Key SmugMug Features
- Never-ending cloud storage at one price: Unlike other photo asset management software tiers, our storage plans are based on how much you upload. All SmugMug plans come with hassle-free, no-strings-attached, unlimited photo storage for less than the competition.
- Automatic Upload: Whether you’re uploading phones from your mobile device or from your computer, SmugMug makes sure they’re backed up safely.
- Absolute Privacy: SmugMug will never mine, sell, or share your data. Your photos are yours and yours alone, and you control who gets to see what with incredible privacy settings.
- Save your biggest photo File: You will always have access to your full resolution photos, no matter what. Upload up to 150 MB images, and we’ll never cap how many you can save.
- Keep your photos organized: Easy access means organizing how you want. With easy organization features, you’ll be able to find and share the right photo in a snap.
- Other Features include Personalized Photo Websites, Free Desktop, and mobile apps, Complete website customization, Personalized Domain Name, Watermark Protection.
- SmugMug comes with Easy drag-and-drop tool that makes easy to sort photos and manage big batch.
- Store and organize every photo of yours at full resolution.
- Easily add titles, descriptions, and keyword metadata to your photos and galleries to make them more organized and easy to find for friends, family, or clients.
- Auto upload function for desktop and mobile devices ensures that every photo you take is safe and sound in the cloud.
- SmugMug’s built-in privacy and security settings help you organize your photos and control who sees what, with unlisted galleries, password protections, and more.
SmugMug offers 4 plans and all the plans include the Photo Storage Features.
Basic – $7/month or $55/year
Power – $ 11/month or $85/year
Portfolio – $27/Month or $200/year
Pro – $ 42/month or $360/year
WidsMob is an efficient software for viewing and organizing photo albums with a library mode. You can view single images, multiple images, or folder-based images in incredible fast speed and simple operation with various viewing modes. You can browse all your photos in one window without extra clicking and operating.
Some Key WidsMob Viewer Features:
- Excellent Preview Experience: When you have hundreds of photos, you can only add one image or the whole folder to WidsMob Viewer to preview all images. Even if you need to view photos in different folders, you can use the library mode. It has an advanced algorithm to view photos in a super fast speed.
- Support RAW Format: Besides the JPG, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP and other photos format, WidsMob Viewer also supports most of the popular RAW formats. It is able to load RAW files from SD card or external drive. It also enables you to turn RAW files into JPG, PNG and other photo formats.
- Different Viewing Modes: View all photos in one folder in Viewing mode; check photos from different folders in Library mode; enjoy photos in full screen with Slideshow mode; get desired photos in the Favorite mode or check detailed information in EXIF mode. You can always find a method to view photos in different purpose.
- Multiple Editing Features: Whether you need to adjust the parameters for photos, or apply photos effects, you can find multiple editing features available from the user interface. What is more, you can also crop, flip, rotate, delete, and even use batching process to edit photos with ease.
- Manage Pictures Easily: Press Control and drag the photo to the desktop or any folder you want. If you are not satisfied with the pictures, you only need to delete the pictures to Trash. Besides you can also add to the Favorite folder, which you can batch resize, convert or export to a destination folder.
- Toggle Show Info to see image detailed information with EXIF data viewer.
- Tag pictures with stars to add them to the My Favorite folder for easy management.
- Rotate photos to left or right, or flip images horizontally or vertically as you like.
- Batch rename, resize or convert photos to save your time easily.
- Share photos to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or send them as email, etc.
- Print photos as PDF, PostScript, save to iCloud drive and more.
- WidsMob PhotoVault keeps your photos/images locked up and protected with password protection.
MidsMob Viewer Pricing:
WidsMob Offer plans for window and mac.
- Window Lifetime Licence– $25.99 (Use 1 license on 5 PCs)
- Mac Lifetime Licence – $25.99 (Use 1 license on 5 Macs)
Last but not least is “Photo Organizer”. Photo Organizer scans the entire system or specific folders to find scattered digital images and organize them smartly in a single location or folder, based on metadata. This Free Photo Organizing Software can efficiently consolidate photos in a separate library or single accessible destination after scanning the whole computer. Photo Organizer comes with an inbuilt Photo Viewer where you can quickly find any photo without searching for it all over your computer.
Some Key Features Of Photo Organizer
- Scan Entire System or Folder: Scan the whole system by selecting ‘System Scan’ or a particular folder by adding it to Photo Organizer.
- Exclude Folders Option: Don’t wish to scan a particular folder or drive for photos? Just add it to the exclusion list and it will be skipped.
- Batch-Editing: With systweek Photo Organizer, renaming a number of images at the same time is easy and quickly possible by sorting the criteria of the sub-folder. Renaming photos based on photo metadata makes them easy to find, especially with a large photo collection. Manual renaming takes a huge amount of time, but you can save tons of time with batch renaming.
- Recover Space: Recover the device’s disk space by removing duplicate images. The quick scanning engine uses algorithms to find duplicate photos swiftly. Photo Organizer scans and deletes duplicate images thus saving disk space for future image downloads. You can also remove duplicates from your entire collection before you organize photos in new folders.
- Maintain all photos in one Location.
- Remove duplicates and save disk space.
- Makes Photos easy to find & access.
- Photo Organizer comes with an inbuilt Photo Viewer where you can quickly find any photo without searching for it all over your computer.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and XP (both 32 bit and 64 bit)
- A pop-out icon or export feature in the tool allows the folder browsing where pictures can be exported.
- Can revert organized photos to their previous state with a single click if you’re not satisfied with the results.
Photo Organizer Pricing:
This software is free to use and you can get it from Microsoft Stores.
What Should You Look For in Photo Management Software?
It absolutely depends on the users which features or capabilities are important to them. However, there are a few characteristics that you’ll want to generally look for in photo management programs.
- Categorization Capabilities: When you are going to store and organize your photo in an online vault, the basic feature you need is the categorization capabilities. If you have thousands of photos, you need to categorize them first in order to organize them.
- Ease Of Use: A photo management software should not be very complicated. It should be very easy to use. If you are a beginner, you should not have to learn rocket science to handle photo studio management software.
- Ranking Tools: You should be able to rank and sort images easily. In order to be the best Photo Manager, you should be able to “flag” or “favorite” your photos.
- Integrated Editing: Basic Editing options like exposure correction, brightness, contrast, and lens correction can help you edit images at a faster pace without having to rely on standalone photo editing software. It’s a huge timesaver, plus it’s just super convenient. It’s a huge timesaver, plus it’s just super convenient.
- Raw Support: An proper photo management platform should let you store RAW images directly from your digital camera to the software. Plus, you should be able to store large photos without transferring them to your laptop or PC.
- Price: This is one of the most important elements to check before choosing a software to manage your photos. As a beginner, you just cannot spend a huge amount of money for a software. It must be reasonable in terms of the features it offers.
Conclusion On Photo Management Software
With over 1.8 billion digital images uploaded to the internet daily, though, it’s obvious these times are long gone. Fortunately, photo management software has picked up the slack. The above photo management software is some of the best Photo Organizer software out there in the market. I have included both free and paid photo management software in my list that can manage your photos easily and securely.
Hope you like reading this article on “Best Photo Management Software Programs“. If you have any questions regarding this topic, you can leave them in the comment section below. I will be happy to respond.