Life is becoming increasingly difficult for the people that need to scope, organize, and time-manage complex business projects. Businesses, large and small, unquestionably juggle numerous projects, plans, tasks, and people. Having a solution can help them keep everything organized while planning and running projects, in a way that is accurate, predictable, and profitable. Are you tired of late-night phone calls, webinars, and long hours of conference calls? Then you must take advantage of project management software in order to deal with & organize your daily life!
Earlier, a project is managed manually and symbolized by three things only i.e, a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a methodology. These days, project management software tools are used a lot more than maintaining a project Gantt Chart. Now you may ask, what are the best project management software tools? To figure this out, I have listed the best project management software tools.
Whether you are a marketer, advertiser, or content writer, good project management software can help you properly plan, assign tasks, set deadlines, and also helps in tracking the time spent! A good project management system combines powerful project planning and scheduling features with collaboration tools for teams. If you are looking what is the best project management platform? It totally depends on what industry you are in, and the size of your team!
There are a lot of project management software tools, but if you are new to project management then you are at the right place! Let’s have a quick glance at what is it, why it is essential, and what features you must look for to set you apart from the rest of the industry. Let’s get started with the top project management software solutions that will help you quickly narrow down your search.
Our top recommendation for Best Project Management Software:
What Are The Top Project Management Tools?
Teamwork affordable option
Easily manage and execute product
Deliver better outcomes for your clients
Seamlessly manage clients’ projects
GanttPro user's choice
Table Of Contents
What Is Project Management Software?
Project management software is software that helps project managers (PMs) plan, execute and control their projects across the five phases of the project lifecycle. Project management software helps project managers and teams complete client requirements and manage time, budget, and scope constraints.
In other words, Project management tools are the munitions that project managers require to help a team or an individual in getting their work organized. It is used to manage their projects and tasks in such a way that they achieve success. The ultimate goal of the software is to help deliver value more efficiently by facilitating the organization, communication, and management of the project.
These tools are used by numerous people, from airplane builders to employees performing non-billable work. Anyone serving a client needs project management software tools to estimate, track, deliver, and get paid from it. Rather, project management software speeds up the entire working process in a systematic way without creating any extra burden on the team’s time.
There is 4 step process when moving through stages of project completion which includes:
- Phase 1: The Conceptualization Phase
- Phase 2: The Planning Phase
- Phase 3: The Execution Phase
- Phase 4: The Termination Phase
Benefits Of Project Management Software:
The basic purpose of project management software is to assist project managers through different stages. Here are some benefits of using project management software tools:
- Improved team collaboration: Project management solutions are designed with the purpose to improve team collaboration. It helps individuals to designate bigger tasks that need to be completed by the whole team, plus this software provides employees a method to collaborate on projects by discussing tasks, timelines, dependencies, outstanding work, etc.
- Effortless project planning: Project management software has moved forward to get you accurate AI predictions of when projects can be completed, capturing constraints like cost, scope, and schedule.No more wasting time on project planning, The key benefit of advanced project management solutions is automation when it comes to project planning and scheduling.
- Establishes reliable timekeeping and budgeting: Implementing work management software can be your first step to establishing reliable timekeeping and budget controls for projects. Reliable time tracking and budgeting show teams what kind of resources are needed overtime to complete scopes of work.
- Helps prioritize the right projects: Project management software can help managers prioritize the right projects, in order to make the best use of their resources in a way that will contribute the most to the bottom line and profitability of the business.
- A better understanding of true resource capability: One of the key advantages of using project management software is to analyze the impact of delivering projects and services on resource capability in real-time and better manage customer expectations, improve overall business productivity, and reduction in costs.
- Effective internal & external communication: With the use of the right project management software, you can develop a funnel for communication concerning tasks and projects both internally for the team and externally for your clients and other stakeholders. Plus, you can get direct feedback from your clients and make them review project progress.
- Better customer satisfaction: Another important benefit is enhanced customer satisfaction, which means bringing a smile to your customer’s face and this happens only when your client is satisfied. Smart project management software offers the tools which allow this customer/supplier relationship to carry on and helps you to achieve your goals and improve your deliverability.
What Are The Essential Project Management Software Functions?
Before choosing the best project management software tools, you must consider the following points:
✔ Project planning: Good project management software must be able to easily plan projects while taking previous track records into account.
✔ Scheduling and time management: It should be able to easily register time on work items and take people’s work schedules into account.
✔ Resource allocation: Make sure that people are working on the right things at the right time.
✔ Communication and collaboration: Easily post comments and concerns, and communicate with external stakeholders, while keeping a full historic record of all actions.
✔ Easy to use: The software must be an enabler and not get in the way of actual work.
✔ Documentation: When the team of project managers works on multiple projects, there occur many blunders. In order to avoid those mistakes, a project management tool must offer features like storing and also edit them to save you from any mishaps.
✔ Project budgets: A good work management software must keep a real-time check of not only time but also the allotted budget.
✔ No need for a specific method: It must support the company’s preferred method of breaking down any project-making schedules, allocating people, and managing budgets for a seamless project cycle.
✔ Evaluation: A good project management tool must provide functionalities like reporting and resource management that help the project managers to assess and track growth and productivity.
✔ Tracking: Sometimes, the plan doesn’t return the expectation. So, good project management software allows fine-tuning control and monitoring so that projects can be managed efficiently.
Are you in search of the best project management software to help you manage your projects and teams members effortlessly? If your answer is yes, then you are at the right place! Despite the name, project management tools are not just for project managers. Project management tools can be customized to fit the needs of teams of different sizes and with different goals.
Here are the top project management software tools that will help you facilitate every phase of your work more efficiently and improve your game structure! Below, I have provided the top list of popular project management software along with features and pricing details (including both free & paid options).
Best Project Management Software Tools:
Asana is one of the best project management software tools that organize team.No need to shuffle between spreadsheets, email, and other tools and you can easily track and manage everything from day one to deadline with Asana. With 100+ integrations, you can bring together everything your team needs to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate work, from start to finish.
Bring your team’s goals, plans, tasks, and files together in one shared place and view your work the way you want. Asana’s interface is very easy to use and has powerful features for managing projects such as a list view, timeline view to manage and create plans, and board view to focus on tasks.
Not only this, you can invite unlimited guest users and an ideal option for all types of business. Asana offers a lot of productivity and collaboration for your team’s progress and workload. Get real-time charts and other visual highlights to share status, spot potential problems, and keep your work on a track using these project tracking tools.
Asana is the best project management software free trusted by Deloitte, The New York Times, USAID, Spotify, NASA, and many more. Plus, it offers integration with various apps such as Slack, and Outlook with different task displays and supports custom fields.
- Engineering: Asana is a flexible, adaptable, and powerful option for engineering project management software, especially for work involving multiple teams, and allows you to organize everything, plan, schedule, communicate and collaborate and implement changes faster. From calendars to Kanban, Asana lets you organize your projects the way you want. Then, track, manage and communicate with teammates—all in one place.
- Marketing: Plan and manage content calendars, campaigns, creative requests, events, product launches, and more. Simplify processes, reduce busywork, and lay out clear goals and plans with Asana work management software and make your team focus on the work for the best results. With Asana, you can make sure everyone knows your marketing goals and expectations. Then, your team is free to run wild with ideas, not deadlines.
- Track progress: Get real-time status updates, run reports, and more. This makes you know what’s going on and can solve small issues before they become big problems.
- Improve collaboration: Make all the important things easy to find, like project plans and details, files, feedback, and more.
- Stay on schedule: Map out goals and prioritize tasks. This helps you get projects off the ground faster and meet deadlines without scrambling at the last minute.
- Streamline communication: Keep conversations with teammates, clients, and vendors in one place, and keep everyone on the same page.
- Very easy to plan, execute and track project processes using this tool, and meets your needs or activity
- Clearly outlines which team members are responsible for each piece of the project at any point in time
- The presence of calendars helps us in planning meetings, events, and many more and helps to create to-do lists with reference to particular dates
- Asana includes its own planning functions to generate annotations and includes an internal calendar where all project marketing can be managed separately
- It includes its own customizable group chat, so that, depending on the number of people in each room, you have a unique management
- Asana is a blazingly fast collaborative task list that supports multiple projects and allows multiple team members to generate and prioritize tasks for the same project in real-time
- Not suited for work that is more intense for graphics
Asana comes with 3 pricing plans for better control and customization that helps you to manage your team’s and organization’s projects:
- The basic plan costs $0 for individuals or teams
- Premium Plan costs $10.99 for teams that need to create project plans with confidence
- Business Plan costs $24.99 for teams and companies for better work management
Monday.com is one of the best online project management tools where you can easily build, run, and scale your dream workflows on one platform. Over 125K companies have chosen monday.com like Adobe, Loreal PARIS, NBC, Discovery, etc. Now you can easily manage everything in one place- plan, track and deliver, and get started fast with hundreds of visuals and customizable templates plus integrate with your existing tools in a few clicks!
From basic projects to complex portfolio management, let your teams deliver their best work with monday.com and manage any project from one platform. It is a very simple project management software that offers great security, robust features, and easy customization.
Monday.com includes an extremely easy-to-use interface for automatic notifications, time tracking, timeline views, and seamless integration with all your existing tools like Google Calendar, Excel, Microsoft Teams, Slack, etc. Bring teams together over one shared platform to break communication barriers, move projects forward, and align everyone involved.
- A complete toolkit for every project: Take your team’s project management to the next level with customizable features that help you plan, strategize, and deliver your best work.
- Visualize your entire project with Gantt Charts: View projects through powerful Gantt charts to plan, track, and manage everything. Modify and control your baseline, dependencies, and milestones during every phase of the project lifecycle.
- Get data at a glance with dashboards: Turn insights into action and make key decisions based on real-time data. Centralize your data into one high-level view and easily pull everything you need across all projects and programs.
- See resource capacity with workload: Manage your team’s workload with live, up-to-date data on current capacity so you can make smarter decisions on how to allocate resources more effectively.
- Seamless integration with your favorite tools: You can easily connect monday.com with the tools you already use to have all your team’s work in one place like Zoom, Google Drive, Excel, Gmail, LinkedIn, OneDrive, Zapier, Adobe Creative Cloud, and more.
- Align with other project management tools: Monday.com allows you to manage with other best tools for project management such as Toggl, Basecamp, Asana, Trello, Harvest, Todoist, and more.
- The variety of column types and of view types (table, kanban, timeline, Gantt, etc.) gives you a lot of flexibility and allows you to track and manage almost any type of project or activity
- Monday.com also works well for smaller user groups that have other task manager tools at their disposal and also works well as a visual management aid
- Ability to assign a person to any folder, item, or group of items with color-coded customization tags
- Great training tools are available for first-time users to highly proficient users and allow to add integrations and automations regularly
- It allows flexibility to control multiple tasks in one area and has a great search feature for allowing you to find data across multiple boards
- It has a dazzling array of automation and integrations with other apps and is super easy to apply and work with
- If the boards are not organized well, one can easily get lost
Monday.com Pricing :
Monday.com comes with 4 subscription plans with unlimited boards and workflows. It comes with a 14-days free trial:
- Individual Plan costs $0 for individuals looking to keep track of their work
- The Basic plan costs $8 seat/month to manage all your teams’ work in one place
- Standard Plan costs $10 seat/month to collaborate and optimize your team process
- Pro Plan costs $16 seat/month to streamline and run your teams’ complex workflows
- Enterprise Plan is quote-based and includes pro & plus features
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management software for any business, that helps you plan your projects, track work efficiently, and collaborate with your team, wherever they are. You can plan your projects, closely track your tasks and collaborate with your team efficiently and finish successful projects like you never even left the office.
With Zoho Projects, you can plan your project activities, assign work, manage resources and collaborate with your team like never before. Users can use Gantt charts to build their project plan and track their task schedule. Zoho Projects keeps you aware of your critical tasks and their dependencies, and immediately shows any deviations between your planned and actual progress.
This task management software has an easy-to-use interface that helps you find your way around the product easily with little to no learning curve. Not only this, you can switch between different color themes like dark and light modes that suit your mood. With Zoho Projects, you can take advantage of third-party apps through seamless integration.
Zoho Projects Features:
- Work breakdown structure: Break your projects down into simpler work items, such as milestones, task lists, tasks, and sub-tasks to organize your work efficiently.
- Different task views: The Classic view gives you a detailed task list with all the important task information, while the Plain view shows a simple list of tasks, and the Kanban board displays tasks as cards grouped in different columns based on task statuses.
- Gantt chart: Zoho Projects lets you plan your projects, track progress, visualize dependencies, reschedule tasks if the need arises, and complete your projects on time with Gantt charts.
- Project baseline: Create baselines for your project at regular intervals so you can compare your progress to your planned goals and make sure you don’t deviate from the initial schedule.
- Portfolio Dashboard: Get an overall view of projects, tasks, and issues in your portal. See how each project is progressing and get detailed reports on the status, ownership, client, and budget health of projects.
- Reminders: You can set up task reminders so you don’t miss out on anything important, even in the middle of a busy schedule.
- Issue Management: List the issues or bugs in your projects, assign them to your team, and track these bugs closely to ensure they’re fixed quickly.
- Critical tasks: In order to deliver projects as scheduled, identify any critical paths in a project to make sure they aren’t delayed and derail the entire project.
- Templates: Save time by creating templates for projects, task lists, or tasks. Plus, you can use these templates for similar projects that follow the same set of work items to get work done faster.
- Zoho allows you to customize your tasks more than other platforms like adding start dates, due dates, dependencies, subtasks
- Very cheap and useful and can create many projects at the same time and its very easy to switch between projects
- Very effective for projects and tech sprints for a software development company and allows seamless collaboration and monitoring
- Integration with other Zoho tools for organization-wide collaboration and information sharing
- Ability to create workflow automations that trigger event-based activities, which enables standardization of processes
- Zoho Projects has a fairly comprehensive set of features for project management, task and time tracking
- The pricing is reasonable and affordable for small businesses and is fully web-based so anyone can access it
- Due to minor bugs, some login issues arise
Zoho Projects Pricing:
Zoho Projects comes with a 10-day free trial and comes with 2 pricing plans:
- Free Plan costs $0 up to 3 users
- Premium Plan costs $5/mo up to 50 users
- Enterprise Plan costs $10/user/mo without any upper limit
ClickUp is one of the best project management software tools that comes with powerful features for managing and completing all your team’s projects on one platform. ClickUp brings your team together to plan, track, and collaborate on any project all in one place. It allows you to track your entire project from start to finish with beautiful views that make project planning a breeze. Manage your resources on a List, Box, Gantt, Board, Calendar view, or create your own workflow with any of ClickUps 10+ customizable views.
ClickUp offers native integrations with Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, and many more tools, as well as over 1,000+ integrations through Zapier. Plus, it includes task management features which include checklists, subtasks, and task templates that allow you to filter, sort, easily reorder and view tasks in the most convenient!
ClickUp allows you to collaborate and build total alignment on your project by adding comments to any task or document. Assign comments with action items, chat in real-time, share attachments, and never miss a beat with notifications that bring everything to one place. You can use create Gantt charts, calendars, and timelines to visualize tasks. It also allows you to set clear project expectations with time estimates and monitor time spent with detailed reports.
- Space, Folder, List: Organize teams, and departments into Spaces plus you can group big projects or initiatives into Folders and break out tasks into lists for a clear visual hierarchy of all your work.
- Customizable Tasks: Choose from 35+ ClickApps to customize your task management for any work need. You can save time with task automations, assign sprint points, add custom field data, and more.
- Automations: Automate routine work and process with 50+ actions, triggers, and conditions. Plus, you can use pre-built automation recipes or customize them based on your needs.
- Templates: You can save your time by leveraging hundreds of templates for team use cases, views, tasks, checklists, Docs, and more.
- Workload & box view: Visualize your team’s day-by-day work capacity with Workload and Box views. Plus, you can view who is under or over capacity to reduce bottlenecks and allocate resources effectively.
- Dashboards: You can bring important project indicators all in one place. Add visual widgets for team members, tasks, time tracking, docs, embeds, and more.
- Tracking: You can track automatically or manually link it to tasks from your desktop, mobile, or browser with ClickUp’s global timer.
- Almost everything in ClickUp can be dragged/dropped so reordering tasks or projects to stay organized is super simple
- Advanced customizing opportunities, especially when compared to the competition and includes plenty of pre-customized projects templates
- The free version is quite capable and it offers most features that anyone would need from it and has innovative improvements on a weekly basis
- Task organizations and levels of tasks are all customizable with clever features, functionality, and implementation
- It offers a variation of views, meaning you can work from task lists, timelines, mind maps, and more
- ClickUp allows you to set deadlines, assign tasks, and personalize spaces to suit the nature of your business
- Can have slow loading times
ClickUp comes with a free plan which comes with amazing features:
- Free Version costs $0(free forever) includes 100MB storage, unlimited task, unlimited members
- Unlimited Version costs $5/member/mo includes unlimited integrations, unlimited dashboards, goals, portfolios, and custom fields
Wrike is the all-in-one project management software that can crush your 2021 goals and keep you moving forward. It is the best software project management tool that will take your collaboration and work management to the next level. Empower your teams to do the best work of their lives with 360° visibility, true cross-departmental collaboration, and powerful automation.
From custom dashboards and workflows to team-specific automation to streamline processes, Wrike has everything you need to work your way. No one else offers this level of versatility. With Wrike, you’ll always have what you need to deliver more projects, faster. Get real-time updates and drill down to individual tasks or zoom out for a holistic view of everything in your portfolio.
It seamlessly provides project and financial data, so that users always have the needed information and a complete view of their operation. Resource management enables users to allocate resources where it is needed, with advanced features such as role-based estimating and business intelligence. Plus, reports include an up-to-date view of performance trends, problem areas, upcoming needs, and more.
Wrike is an easy-to-use platform for organizing and sharing work, plus this tool also allows you to manage your project or track time from your smartphone! Wrike allows you to connect with your essential business tools and make it your project control centers such as Google, Microsoft, Adobe Creative Cloud, GitHub, and many more.
- Customize tools for any team: Wrike is designed to equip any team with the exact tools they need. Customize dashboards, workflows, request forms, and more.
- Enable better collaboration: This allows you to share files, tasks, and reports instantly. Shorten your feedback process with visual proofing and automated approval systems.
- Gain 360°visibility instantly: Eliminate silos with unparalleled visibility across departments. Plus, you can find information quickly and make decisions in real-time.
- Scalable software: Wrike provides the tools your teams need for future growth. Plus, you can set up your teams for success and instill best practices across your entire organization.
- Interactive Gantt charts: You can visualize plans and progress with Gantt charts. Plus, you can create dependencies using a simple drag-and-drop interface.
- Kanban boards: Enable agile teams with sharable Kanban boards to progress at every stage. Plus, you can organize tasks by the due date.
- Shared team calendars: Keep due dates for approvals crystal clear and ensure calendars always include the latest information.
- 400+ app integrations: Wrike offers 400+ integrations with leading software providers. You can notify the right people and accelerate tasks at every stage.
- Drive faster decisions and accelerate projects with automation, real-time visibility, customizable dashboards, and reports
- Eliminate silos, adapt to change, and ensure your entire organization meets business goals together
- Wrike’s project management software has 400+ integrations, including MS Teams and G Suite, meaning you never have to leave the apps you love
- Build simple drag-and-drop Gantt charts in seconds and see progress at all times
- Wrike’s online project management tools give you 360° visibility on all your projects, making resource and workload management effortless
- Wrike has a very user-friendly and intuitive interface so even long working hours are done easily and without causing so much stress on staff
- There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding how things are organized
Wrike comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Free plan costs $0/mo
- The professional plan cost $9.80/mo
- The business plan cost $24.80/mo
- An enterprise plan is basically for large teams
Smartsheet is a dynamic workspace that empowers teams to manage projects, automate workflows, and rapidly build new solutions without using any code tools and backed by security IT needs. This is a simple project management software that will help you learn the basics, discover strategies that you can implement today, and speed up your next project launch with a variety of pre-built templates.
Regardless of the size or complexity of your project, Smartsheet provides a real-time view of tasks across entire projects. That’s why companies around the world rely on Smartsheet as their project management tool. With Smartsheet you can easily tackle your workload and get a seamless & centralized experience.
Smartsheet includes various template sets which are packed with pre-built sheets, reports, forms, and dashboards infused with best practices and designed to help you save time and hit the ground running. The Project Tracking and Rollup template set is a quick and easy way to get a project up and running and report on risks and milestones to stakeholders.
It includes templates like a basic project with Gantt, a team task list by priority, a project with schedule and budget variance, a basic project with resource management, a basic agile project with a Gantt timeline, Gantt project with a hard deadline. Smartsheet empowers you and your team to know what’s getting done and by whom, increasing agility, speed, and accountability.
- Easy to use: With an intuitive spreadsheet interface, Smartsheet is easy to adopt. Import existing files from Excel, Microsoft Project, Google Spreadsheets, and Trello, or use one of our pre-built templates.
- Collaborative: Share your work with internal or external stakeholders and collaborate on entire project plans or individual tasks. Assign items, add comments, and set automatic reminders for regular updates.
- Multiple views: Manage projects the way that works for your team. Use the grid to organize tasks, Gantt to create timelines, a calendar to visualize due dates, and, a card to create online Kanban boards.
- Scheduling: Easily create interactive timelines with Gantt charts in Smartsheet. Plus, you can turn on the critical path and include milestones and dependencies to track the overall project status against deadlines.
- Automate workflows: Automate repetitive project management tasks and actions with automated approval and update requests, triggered based on preset rules and created without a single line of code or help from IT.
- Dashboards: Keep stakeholders informed with an at-a-glance view of the project and portfolio-level performance metrics. Plus, the easy-to-configure, widget-based view provides critical data in real-time to make better decisions, faster.
- Track changes: Activity Log gives you one place to see who viewed project plans, reports, and dashboards, what changes were made, and when those activities occurred. Plus, you can also filter by action type and date range to find what you’re looking for.
- Cloud-based: See project status and collaborate on work in real-time without any static reports or updates. Plus, you can manage remote teams and access tasks from anywhere, on any device.
- Mobile: Smartsheet mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android enable you to access details from anywhere. Collaborate on project information, check and update status, make approvals, and attach files while on the go.
- Smartsheet covers most of the basics of a project management tool, the usual tasks, milestones, and project viewing options
- For data viewing, you get multiple data viewing options including a calendar view, Kanban, Gantt, etc
- Easy to find and use and has an extensive collection of dashboards, charts, and visualizations
- Smartsheet automates workflows, enhances collaboration and ensures there are no data silos, and allows to sharing of information across different teams
- Allows to create custom reports, publish them on the web easily and filter content available depending on the user looking at the resource
- It is incredible and beneficial to contribute great success in the performance of tasks and manage activities in a simple way
- Smartsheet provides a dynamic and intelligent way to manage work teams, tasks, and projects effectively
- Larger organizations may find their functionalities a little too simple
Smartsheet comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Pro Plan costs $7/month and includes unlimited sheets, reports, and dashboards, private sheets, and reports, pre-built automation storage.
- Business Plan costs $25/month and includes unlimited collaborators, unlimited sheets per the report, document builder, and more.
- The enterprise plan comes with custom pricing that comes with custom welcome and help screens, unlimited attachment storage, and more.
Workfront is one of the best project management tools for enterprises that helps you to deliver impactful projects at scale. It is the best project management software for enterprises where you can gain visibility across work being done so you can confidently commit to the next project. Whether you’re a certified project manager, or just need to get work done, Workfront’s project management tools make it easy to deliver on time, on budget, and at scale.
With Workfront you can streamline intake, automate workflows, create custom forms, and see your strategy come to life in just 5 simple steps- Strategy, Plan, Execute, Review, Deliver.
Basically, it is designed for marketing and information technology processes to manage at all levels. Workfront is a full-featured task management software that is great for professional services, portfolio plans, and more. It comes with great collaboration & communication features:
- Align project plans: Quickly prioritize the right work with streamlined demand management, project templates, and automated assignments. Workfront allows you to save hours spent combining spreadsheets, scanning emails, and organizing time-consuming meetings.
- Analyze performance: With visual reports and dashboards, identify bottlenecks, and manage against KPIs to accelerate project turnaround, reduce waste, and mitigate risk. You can have a constant pulse on the health of your projects and bridge gaps in data, processes, and technology.
- Manage strategic outcomes: Drive strategic focus by keeping teams productive on clearly defined deliverables that push business strategies forward and ensure impact at scale. Plus, you can achieve transformative results with efficiency and focus.
- Enterprise work management: Workfront was founded to help people, teams, and companies get work done. More than 3,000 organizations use this tool every single day.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile marketing turned to Workfront to help create a centralized work management platform to provide the efficiency, visibility, and cohesiveness essential to delivering a seamless customer experience.
- Workfront lessens the variety of spreadsheets, combines the overall datasheets, and provides meaningful information
- Workfront centralizes the entire team at work, provides an ideal way to manage hundreds of projects across an organization, and provides full transparency to the entire organization
- Gantt chart is flexible to adjust to changes made on projects and ensures it is easy to track the progress of the team members
- Easy-to-use interface, especially for tracking time and project tasks with extensive dashboards & customizable admin settings
- Allows post-project time/cost/benefit allowance for stakeholder reporting and future project manpower and time planning
- It features easy-to-define templates for to-do lists and projects and allows you to customize the workflow for each project
- Initial setup is a bit time consuming
Adobe Workfront comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Enterprise plan includes Premium APIs and integrations, enhanced security, advanced support
- The business plan includes premium integrations, unlimited reviewers
- Pro includes resource management, demand management, content review
Adobe Workfront hasn’t provided any pricing details, to know more contact the official website
ProofHub is one of the best project management software tools for all your projects and team collaboration where you can easily plan, collaborate, organize and deliver projects of all sizes, on time, using this amazing project planning software with all the right tools. It allows you to plan and collaborate while having a seamless user experience that keeps everyone in the loop and focuses on the necessary with little to no learning curve.
ProofHub provides you ultimate control over teams and projects and gets on-time project delivery & on-point team accountability. Plus, you can assign tasks, filter and view data based on priority, and keep essential details front and center. You can customize workflows with as many stages as you want. ProofHub easily integrates with the apps and you can access FreshBooks Classic, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Google Calendar, iCal, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Outlook, bringing them all together within ProofHub.
This tool is great for cross-functional teams that work on web design, social media, and advertising projects and can greatly streamline their creative process. Plus, you can empower teams to self-manage as they move tasks from one stage to the other and visualize workflows in Kanban boards
ProofHub is packed with all features that help your teams to work together in the easiest, fastest, and smartest way with all the right tools put under one roof:
- Create discussion topics and bring all your team and client discussions to one place eliminating long email threads
- Assign tasks, share essential details, capture every step of the project in one place, and get a clear idea of what needs to be done, which task is a priority
- Empower teams to self-manage with a better understanding of workflows as they get notified of tasks moving from one stage to another
- Plan and visualize how pieces of your project fit together in a timeline view and adjust your plans as work changes and deadlines shift the smarter way with task dependencies in the Gantt chart
- Merge your ProofHub calendar with the ones you generally use and avoid referring to multiple calendars with ProofHub
- Bring your files and documents to one central place to keep them organized and find them quickly whenever required
- Turn team and client conversations quicker with one-on-one and group chats
- ProofHub saves you from searching for feedback in long email threads and helps you to speed up the review of designs and documents as you can give feedback for specific regions using markup tools
- ProofHub aims to enable teams to collaborate and communicate over organizational matters in an easy and flexible manner from one place
- ProofHub allows you to create groups to have quick conversations with more than one person, share ideas, stay in sync, and work together
- Enables you to share files, documents, images, and more in chats, making the most of ProofHub’s team communication tool
- Great internal team communication tool for saving time on project management, automating tasks, communicating with team members, clients and tracking time
- Create project templates and save them to create similar projects without having to fill in details from scratch
- Manage all your scheduled events, meetings, appointments, milestones, project deadlines, and do not let important dates slip away
- Too many notifications
ProofHub comes with a free trial and 2 subscription plans:
- Essential Plan costs $45/mo billed annually and includes 40 projects, unlimited users and 15MB storage
- Ultimate Control Plan costs $89/mo billed annually and includes unlimited users, 100GB storage
Jira is the #1 project management software tool used by agile teams. Jira Software is built for every member of your software team to plan, track, and release great software. With this software, you can improve team performance based on real-time, visual data that your team can put to use.
Using this tool, you can create user stories, and issues, plan sprints and distribute tasks across your software teams. Jira Software automatically updates issues and transitions work when code is committed in Bitbucket. Tempo Timesheets, Zephyr, and over 3,000 other apps ensure Jira Software can be custom-tailored to fit any and every use case.
Whether you’re a seasoned agile expert, or just getting started, Jira Software unlocks the power of agile and brings a new level of transparency to your team’s work, and keeps everyone on the same page. Jira Software is agile project management designed for teams of every shape and size and ensures stories that deliver the most customer value are always at the top.
- Scrum boards: Agile teams can stay focused on delivering iterative and incremental value, as fast as possible, with customizable scrum boards.
- Kanban boards: Flexible kanban boards give your team full visibility into what’s next so you can continuously deliver maximum output in minimal cycle time.
- Roadmaps: Sketch out the big picture, communicate plans with stakeholders, and ensure your roadmap connects to your team’s work – all in a few clicks in Jira Software Cloud.
- Agile reporting: Teams have access to more than a dozen out-of-the-box reports with real-time, actionable insights into how their team is performing sprint over sprint.
- Optimize Jira software with automation: Jira’s automation engine enables you to easily automate tasks and processes. Plus, it lets you build automation rules across Jira products and integrations.
- Actionable results: Extensive reporting functionality gives your team critical insight into their agile process. Backed by data, retrospectives are more data-driven and actionable than ever before.
- Agile planning and agile management with Kanban boards and custom boards, for projects and daily work
- Jira is particularly good at holding all our goals and tasks, all of them being well described within the software, and has integration with a lot of 3rd party tools
- Able to customize your Dashboard for better organization of tasks and provides a ridiculous amount of customization and integrations
- Seamless Integration with development tools such as Slack, Github, or Bitbucket
- Easily customizable, and can create flow charts, and work charts and connects with other major tools for easy integration.
- Generates different types of out of box reports and charts to track and manage individuals and projects
- It is more expensive than other options
Jira offers a free plan and 3 subscription plans:
- Free Plan costs $0 for 10 users
- Standard Plan costs $7
- Premium Plan costs $14
- Enterprise comes with quote based pricing
Celoxis is a web-based all-in-one project management software and work collaboration. Get enterprise-class features, dynamic dashboards, and tons of customizations in one economical solution. Celoxis has topped the list of online project management tools and portfolio management software that integrates seamlessly with over 400 popular business applications and our easy-to-use and powerful API makes it easy to integrate with any custom or in-house software that you use.
It allows you to solve complex project management issues with our meticulous engineering, beautiful user interface, and unparalleled simplicity. Celoxis comes with all the necessary features so your team can focus on being productive rather than switching between different tools such as advanced scheduling, Gantt Charts, Risk Management, Kanban Style, Issue Tracking, Time Tracking, Issue Tracking, and more.
Celoxis provides a single source of truth for executives with a real-time project tracker, resource availabilities and utilization, timesheets, project finances, risks, issues, and to-dos. In addition to this, this software is extremely customizable and flexible and allows you to create and configure the intuitive project and business processes within the project management system.
- Project Request Tracking: Collate project requests from various sources in one place. Sort requests based on your business KPIs. And easily match demand with capacity and choose projects that maximize business value.
- Portfolio Management: Get aggregated information about your projects with our fully customizable portfolio dashboards. Plus, you can customize and track important portfolio KPIs with ease.
- Resource management: Easily allocate resources to tasks based on availability, demand, and skills. And, optimally utilize your workforce with accurate, real-time charts like multiple locations & shifts, capacity planning, etc.
- Schedule email delivery: You can schedule reports to be delivered via email to multiple people.
- Team & client collaboration: Share files, discuss and exchange comments with your colleagues & clients. It has free and fully customizable client portals you save time and create an impression.
- Optimized mobile interface: It comes with an optimized mobile interface that works on Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Tizen, or any other operating system with a web browser.
- Integrate with your business software: Celoxis project management software integrates seamlessly with over 400 popular business applications and has an easy-to-use and powerful API that makes it easy to integrate with any custom or in-house software that you use.
- Celoxis is a collaborative software that allows for project discussions and conversations on tasks/other work items including documents
- Fully customizable and integrates with third-party products such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks Online, and Salesforce.com
- Build dynamic project plans that automatically adjust to changing real-world conditions
- Easily allocate resources to tasks based on availability, demand, and skills
- Celoxis is a powerful and intuitive tool that allows you to track all phases of the project, assignment of tasks
- Support is at times slow to respond
Celoxis comes with 2 pricing plans:
- Cloud Plan costs $22.50 with free support, free clients & virtual users
- On-Premise costs $450 with free support for 1 year
Trello is one of the best project management software for marketing and helps teams move work forward. If you are managing a small team for task management then Trello is a good option!
With these pm tools, you can collaborate, manage projects, and reach new productivity peaks. It allows you to work together using boards, lists, and cards. Plus you can customize and expand with more features as your teamwork grows. Moreover, you can manage projects, organize tasks, and build team spirit-all in one place
From high rises to the home office, the way your team works is unique- and you can accomplish it all with the leading project management software. Basically, it is one of the best marketing project management software ideal for individuals or small teams for managing a few projects and an affordable solution to view and manage tasks.
With this powerful team, you can power productive teams from meetings and projects to events and goal setting. Trello includes intuitive features that provide the team the ability to quickly set up and customize workflows for just about anything.
- Board is just the beginning: Lists and cards are the building blocks of organizing work on a Trello board. Grow from there with task assignments, timelines, productivity metrics, calendars, and more. Plus, you can start up a Trello board in seconds. Provides you the ability to view from many different angles such as timeline view, calendar view, table view, or board stats with Dashboard.
- Cards contain everything you need: Trello cards are your portal to more organized work—where every single part of your task can be managed, tracked, and shared with teammates. Open any card to uncover an ecosystem of checklists, due dates, attachments, conversations, and more. Plus, you can break down bigger card tasks into steps with file attachment previews, and reminders and gain powerful perspective by seeing all cards and letting your team manage deadlines.
- No-code automation: With Trello’s built-in automation, Butler, reduce the number of tedious tasks (and clicks) on your project board by harnessing the power of automation across your entire team. Let the robots do the work so that your team can focus on important matters. Butler uses natural language commands to automate just about any task in Trello such as creating custom buttons to build processes quickly, automating common actions like moving lists, scheduling teammate assignments, and more.
- Integrate top work tools: Easily connect the apps your team already uses into your Trello workflow, or add a power-Up that helps fine-tune one specific need. With hundreds of Power-Ups available, your team’s workflow wishes are covered. This tool covers every functionality, from reporting to custom fields and also your favorite software integrations such as Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Evernote.
- Great for the small screen: Trello also works great on your smaller screen. Plus, allows you to limit the number of meetings regarding specific projects and turn to Trello for specific updates.
- Very simple to use with great automation and track everything that is needed & easily shared with others
- Trello makes it easy to keep everyone on the same page and provides real-time updates with email notifications
- Simple to keep track of items in an organized way, and its customization becomes fast for everyone’s taste, making everything practical
- Easiest project management software to use because it’s simple and straightforward and great for task management & collaboration
- The design is clean and the projects don’t look messy and get complicated tasks organized
- The UI is very intuitive which makes it easy to work with and understand
- It doesn’t come with any reporting features, and analysis can be difficult
Trello is the best free project management software trusted by millions of teams all around the world and is available for free. There are 3 plans:
- Free Plan costs $0 which is basically for individuals or teams looking to organize anything
- Standard Plan costs $5 which is great for teams that need to manage more work and scale collaboration
- Premium Plan costs $10 which is best for teams up to 100 that need to track multiple projects and visualize work in a variety of ways
- Enterprise costs $17.50 which is for organizations that need to connect work across teams with more security and controls
With the changing times, the needs of businesses are changing as well. To run a business, you just need to plan, schedule, and implement for better employee management and collaboration. To achieve success, you should need the best project management software tools for assigning tasks, creating lists, tracking time, and generating reports simply!
To help you out, I have listed the best project management tools that help you to execute well and deliver the results you & your team are looking for! Using robust project management software you can easily deliver projects on time and organize tasks.
Hope you have enjoyed reading “Best Project Management Software Tools” and use it for your business-related work in 2022. Have different criteria for selecting a PM tool? I would love to hear if you’ve got any suggestions, tips, or thoughts on using this kind of PM software. Share your thoughts in the comment section below!