Text to speech software was a great deal back when it was launched, nowadays this ultra-realistic text to speech software is known by everyone. From Google to simple gaming apps, almost every online platform uses text-to-speech tools to generate realistic voiceover to give their users a better experience. You can find a number of free text-to-speech software that can be used for personal and professional uses.
Here in this blog of the best text to speech software some of the best text to speech apps, and software with the best text to speech voices. Along with that, you can also read about their features and prices. Check the list below to find out the best TTS program for you.
Table of Contents
What Are The Uses Of The Best Text To Speech Software?
You may have seen Stephen Hawking using text to speech program to interact with his audience. That was the only TTS use I used to know during my young days. With advancing technology text to speech, tools have been put into many different uses. People with serious dyslexia, ALS, or any other issue, use text-to-speech tools to interact with people. Gaming apps, social media, AI tools, and audiobook developers use realistic text to speech software to generate voiceover respective to their needs. With the increasing popularity of anime characters, people have been putting into use this software to create anime text to speech.
Read our Blog: Best Human-Like Voiceover Builder
Although for serious purposes, advanced and ultra-realistic text-to-speech tools are needed, and they can be pricey, if your needs are limited, you can use some of the free text-to-speech tools with natural voices that are listed below.
Here is the top list of the best text to speech software & tools for 2022:
Speechelo is one of the best AI text to speech software that is popular among video content creators to create realistic voiceovers. This ultra realistic TTS program can transform any text into human speech. Speechelo provides more than 30 voice avatars including male and female voices. Apart from that, you can opt for 3 different tones according to your needs.
Speechelo is the only platform that allows you to add inflections to your voiceovers. This TTS program supports English and other 23 languages, so you can create voiceovers in your preferable languages. This is a must-buy for people creating sales videos, educational videos, or any type of explainer video content.
To know more about Speechelo, you can read our detailed Speechelo Review.
- Easy to use: Creating voiceover with Speechelo is extremely easy. You only need to paste your script into this platform, choose the preferred voice avatar, and download the voiceover.
- Large range of voice avatars: Speechelo provides more than 30 male and female voice avatars, and it supports more than 23 languages, so it’s a plus to interact with non-english speaking audiences.
- Compatibility: If you are working with Speechelo, then you don’t need to worry about getting any particular video crating software that it supports. Speechelo works well with any video creation software like Adobe premier, Audacity, Camtasia, and many more.
- It only takes 3 clicks to generate a voiceover with this TTS tool.
- A great range of voice avatars is available.
- You can change the tone of the voices.
- You don’t need to pay any monthly fees.
- You can add inflections into the voiceover to increase its naturality.
You can get Speechelo text to speech software at an affordable one-time payment of $47.
Wellsaid is one of the most powerful AI text-to-speech software of recent times. This popular text-to-speech tool has been used for creating voiceover for digital content. Wellsaid AI text to speech program offers you a large range of voice avatars, you can choose what fits you best. This TTS tool is known for its ability to turn text into speech faster than its alternatives like 15. AI. It also enables you to share developed projects and files with your supporting teams effectively. With its high-quality voice output, you can make stellar projects that attract audiences.
- Wellsaid API: The WellSaid API provides you with access to the most advanced AI voice technologies. Wellsaid text to speech tool generates synthetic voices that seem real and can help you create memorable audio experiences. You can connect Wellsaid API with your existing tools for better functionality.
- Wellsaid Studio: Wellsaid studio is a great platform to save your valuable time. You only need to tell the text to speech AI what it needs to do, and it does that for you automatically. You can take auditions to find out the best voice, and build a personal phonetic library that suits the voice of your brand, and apart from that, you can get a natural voice-over just by entering your script.
- Voice Avatars: One significant feature for every text-to-speech program is how many avatars it provides and how many languages it supports. Being one of the best in the market, Wellsaid provides you with 37 different voice avatars and can create voiceovers of almost every language. That’s not it, you can even create your own avatar by using a real voice with this AI tool.
- Wellsaid is a very easy-to-use platform.
- It saves a lot of time.
- You can get a lot of voice options.
- You can try it free for a week.
- Some of the voices don’t sound realistic.
Along with a 7-day free trial, you can get Wellsaid AI text to speech tool at 4 different prices.
- Maker PLan: Get 250 downloads,5 Projects, 4 Voice Avatars, 1,000 chars/clip, Unlimited retakes, and Commercial use at $49/month
- Creative Plan: Get 750 downloads, 50 Projects, 37 Voice Avatars, 1,000 chars/clip, Unlimited retakes, Live chat support, and Commercial use at $99/month
- Producer Plan: Get 2,500 downloads, Unlimited Projects, 37 Voice Avatars, 1,000 chars/clip, Unlimited retakes, Live chat support, and Commercial use at $199/month
- Custom Plan: Get Team Members, Team Projects, Unlimited retakes, Volume licensing, Live chat support, Creative training kickoff, Account manager, and Commercial use With this plan. Contact the vendor for the details.
If you want to send only good vibes to your audiences, then Notevibes is the correct text-to-speech engine for you. This TTS program suits personal usage, as well as commercial usage. For personal use, Notevibes provides a free version, and for commercial uses, you can use its feature-rich paid versions.
Notevibes provides more than 200 premium male and female voice avatars and supports 25 popular languages such as Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Russian, Norwegian, German, English, Spanish, and many more. Along with all the features, Notevibes also allows you to customize the pronunciation of the voiceovers.
- Realistic Voice Generator: Notevibes is known as the most realistic text to speech AI on the internet. This synthetic voice provides more than 200 voices with region-specific accents. You can choose from any to make your voiceover more humanlike.
- Save Audio: After generating voiceovers with Notevibes, you can save them in MP3 or WAV formats with one click, and store them for later use.
- Variety of Voices: The users of Notevibes get more than 221 voices, 25 different languages, and 7 different accents to give your digital content a realistic feel.
- A large number of characters: Notevibes grants characters varying from 300,000 to 50,000,000 characters depending on the package you choose.
- Notevibes is a user-friendly platform.
- This tool has the most updated AI voices.
- Two naturally-sounding voices are included in the TTS software.
- A huge range of voices is available.
- The free app requires Internet connectivity in order to access the voices.
Notevibes provides 4 different plans for different requirements.
- Pay as you go plan: You get 300,000 characters for personal use at $59.
- Personal Pack: For personal use only: private listening, personal e-learning, 1,200,000 characters pack per year, 201 Premium Voices, 18 Languages at $9/month.
- Commercial Pack: For Commercial use, 12,000,000 characters pack per year, Advanced voice editor, 201 Premium Voices, 18 Languages, SSML tags support, own intellectual property, MP3, Wav Download at $90/month.
- Corporate Pack: For Corporate Users, All in Commercial, 50,000,000 characters pack per year, Master account for management, Team License, Priority email support at $4000/year.
NaturalReaders is popular among educators as a free text speech software with natural voices. This TTS platform can efficiently turn text into speech according to your requirements. Apart from personal uses, you can use NaturalReaders paid versions for commercial uses such as E-learning videos or Youtube videos. You can upload your script on this platform in many different formats such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, DOC(X), TXT, and many more. NaturalReaders comes with an in-built OCR that efficiently scans your uploaded texts or photos and turns them into speech.
- Quality voices: This Text to Speech app provides users with access to over 60 high-quality voices as well as free mp3 downloads. Users have the ability to adjust the speaker and reading speed at any time. Users can also convert their speech-to-text projects into audio files with this tool.
- Easy Transfer: Users can transfer generated files to their Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, iTunes, and USB devices, with this app. NaturalReader is a natural language processing software that works with a variety of texts and audio files, including Mp3, AIFF, and Ogg.
- Chrome Extension: NaturalReaders provides a chrome extension that you can use to listen to your Google docs files and web pages. With automatic text detection, NaturalReaders text-to-speech chrome extension salvage only relevant texts from webpages.
- Voice Avatars: There are over 100 voices to choose from, and the ultra realistic text to speech software supports over 20 languages. This software allows users to customize the speaker and speech speed to meet their specific needs.
- It comes with a built-in OCR.
- You can choose from over a hundred realistic voices.
- It comes with a chrome extension.
- It offers dyslexia-friendly fonts.
- Due to excessive usage of this software, the voices aren’t unique anymore.
You can use this AI text to speech software free of cost for personal uses. For commercial uses, you can choose from its paid plans.
- Premium Plan: Unlimited use with premium natural voices, Access Included in Mobile App and Chrome Extension, OCR camera scanner, Download 1 million characters/month into mp3 audio, and much more at $4.99/month
- Plus Plan: All Features of the Premium Plan included, Unlimited use of Plus Voices, Additional language options with Plus voices at $9.17/month
Formerly known as Spik. AI, Streams Speak is a free text to speech software that generates realistic sounds from any text using a combination of powerful algorithms. This tool is free to use for up to 300-character files, you can generate audio of 1000 characters if you choose to register with this platform.
Above all, text markup can help you increase the quality of your audio files. The emphasis> tag, for example, allows you to highlight a specific area of the text. Other characteristics of text editing, such as breaks, tone, pitch, and pace, are also affected.
Streams Speak Features
- Browse Voices: Streams Speak enables you to browse voices from multiple different categories like Creative actions, Entertainment, Communications, Science, Geography, and many more.
- AI Audio Transcription: Streams speak comes with an AI audio transcription that you can use to get accurate texts from uploaded audio files. You only need to upload the file in MP3 or WAV format and enter the email id you want the text to be sent at.
- Language support: Streams Speak free text to speech software supports 6 popular languages.
- Streams Speak is user-friendly.
- It supports the most popular 6 languages.
- You can use this platform for audio transcription.
- You can use it for free.
- Other alternatives provide more language support and voice avatars.
Streams Speak Pricings
- Free Plan includes 10,000 characters/mo for Speech Generation, 30 minutes/mo of Voice Transcription, and Advanced Email Support at $0/month
- Premium Plan includes 100,000 characters/mo for Speech Generation, 180 minutes/mo of Voice Transcription, and Advanced Email Support at $19/month
Sonatic.io is one of the best text to speech software that can be used to get synthetic human-like voiceover within seconds. This TTS platform is mostly used to create voiceovers for commercial purposes like films and games. You can use this advanced text to speech reader app with no knowledge of coding, you only need to upload prewritten scripts to get a realistic text to speech voice for your content.
- Input Emotions: Sonatic.io enables you to include different expressions to the voiceovers, you can add realistic shouts, fear, or sad feeling to the voices. Apart from that, you can also add different tones to the voices.
- Director Mode: You can use the Director Mode of Sonatic.io to give the voiceover your personal touch. You can control the pitch and the pacing of the voices as you like.
- API and CLI integrations: Sonatic.io comes with API and CLI integrations that allow you to use the Sonatic TTS program with your existing tools. Its CLI integrations allow you to test different voice avatars and styles by sending API requests. You can even use command lines to run workflows.
- It Provides decent import/export options
- Easy workflow management
- Sonatic.io provides API and CLI for a better experience.
- There are no clear pricing plans for this tool.
You need to contact the vendor for the pricing details.
Featuring 7th, Raedspeaker.ai is one of the most advanced text to speech software on our list. Serving more than 20,000 customers around the globe, it is one of the most reliable TTS tools that you can opt for. With its deep neural network, ReadSpeakers.ai generates synthesized voices that sound natural.
ReadSpeaker.ai has 3 major functions, Custom Text-To-Speech voices, Text-To-Speech voices, and voice cloning software. The TTS voices of ReadSpeaker grant more than 110 realistic voices in more than 35 languages. You can use custom TTS to create a specific voiceover that suits your brand and niche. The most exciting feature of this tool is Voice Cloning, which allows you to create a cloned version of someone else’s speech.
- Custom Text-To-Speech: ReadSpeaker.AI trains all its TTS models on a deep neural network, to produce ultrarealistic, unique, and engaging voices that suit your brand voice.
- Text-To-Speech: ReadSpeaker has over 110 ultra-realistic TTS voices in more than 35 languages, all of which are available to use right now. Its deep neural networks create some of the most natural-sounding and expressive TTS voices available.
- Voice Cloning: Text-to-speech voices produced by ReadSpeaker’s unique voice cloning software are indistinguishable from the originally uploaded voice. This text to speech program also provides a variety of TTS engines that enable your cloned voice to talk across all audio channels, including smart speaker apps, interactive marketing campaigns, ads, and more.
- It is one of the most advanced tools in the business.
- You can create custom voiceovers for your brands.
- It allows you to create cloned voiceovers.
- It comes with a Multi-lingual interface, that supports English, French, and German.
- Pricings for this tool are not disclosed.
You can contact the sales team for pricing details.
Murf is another AI text to speech software on this list that provides a studio-like voice-over for your digital content within minutes. These high-quality voiceovers are great for videos, presentations, and podcasts. Murf contains more than 110 voices in over 15 languages. This powerful AI tool has a distinct ability to sync voiceovers to your slides or videos with precision.
Apart from that, it offers many general features that allow you to customize your voiceovers according to your requirements. You can set the tone, pitch, and speed of the generated voiceovers. Along with that, urf text to speech software provides an AI-powered grammar assistant that you can use instead of grammar checking tools to create flawless scripts and turn them into ultra-realistic voices.
- AI Grammar Assistant: Murf enables you to turn your voice into text, and you can edit the text with its grammar assistant to create a splendid script.
- Voice Sync: Murf studio enables you to add voiceovers directly to your videos and slides, then it syncs the audio accurately with the videos.
- Great Range Of Voices: Murf offers more than 110 voices in more than 15 different languages so you can create unique voiceovers every time.
- Access points use 2-factor authentication (2FA) with clear role segregation, with periodic reviews of risk assessment.
- It also comes with an optional Google Slides add-on feature.
- You can change the voice pitch, speed, tone, etc
- A ton of additional voice filters like monster voices, and helium voices are available
You can try out Murf for free, for 10 mins of voice generation. For better use, you can choose from its 3 paid plans.
- Basic: $13/month
- Pro: $26/month
- Enterprise: $83/month
Developed by Amazon Web Services, Amazon Polly is one of the best text to speech software you can opt for if you are looking for a realistic TTS voice for your product. Amazon Polly is great for high-end commercial products that require voiceover. It uses a deep neural network to generate a human-like voiceover from scripts that may leave people baffled if it’s an AI voice or a real human.
Neural TTS technology of Amazon Polly also supports a Newscaster speaking style that is tailored to news narration use cases. You can use Amazon Polly for digital content creation, telephony, E-learning, and many more purposes.
Amazon Polly Features
- Natural Sounding Voice: Amazon Polly provides dozens of natural-sounding male & female voices with accurate pronunciation. So you are ensured of getting only high-quality audio output when working with Polly.
- Storing & Redistribution: Amazon Polly TTS platform enables you to get unlimited replays of the generated audio output without any extra fee. You can create and save voiceover in standard MP3 and OGG formats, and share them through the cloud or local apps for offline playback.
- Real-Time Streaming: Fast response time is something that makes this text to speech software special. When you enter a text into this platform, Amazon Polly returns the generated audio as a stream so you can play it instantly.
- API Integrations: Amazon Polly provides an API integration that can enable its users to integrate speech synthesis into their application faster. The powerful API also helps users to get audio streams instantly as they enter the script and allows them to save them in standard audio formats.
- Amazon Polly supports over 15 different languages
- Users have full control over speech output
- It supports all the programming languages included in the Amazon Web Services SDK toolkit
- The prices can go really high.
Amazon Polly Pricings
Amazon Polly offers a pay-as-you-go plan. You pay according to your usage. Amazon Polly’s Standard voices are priced at $4.00 per 1 million characters for speech or Speech Marks requests.
AI is becoming more common, and as a result, it is becoming a more permanent aspect of program development. Developed by Microsoft, Azure Text to Speech allows you to integrate sophisticated text-to-speech capabilities into your application. The program includes powerful audio features to assist you in creating realistic text voiceovers.
- Synthesized Speech: Microsoft Azure text to speech engine allow for smooth, natural-sounding text to speech that mimics human voice rhythms and intonation.
- Customized Text Voices: With Azure you can create a unique voice that reflects your brand’s identity.
- Fine-Grained Audio Controls: Adjust the tempo, pitch, pronunciation, pauses, and more to customize speech output for your scenarios with Azure, and create realistic text to speech voice.
- Flexible Deployments: Run Text to Speech anywhere—in the cloud, on-premises, or at the edge in containers.
- Azure is an affordable option you can go to.
- You can control and edit audio output effortlessly.
- It’s an easy-to-use platform.
For affordable use, Azure provides a free version with $200 free credit for a month and a pay-as-you-go plan.
Voice Dream Reader is a text-to-speech app for mobile devices that features a premium Acapela Heather voice. Because some of the app’s biggest features are only available on iOS, it’s best suited for Apple users. It has over 30 languages and 200 voices for users to choose from.
Even the free edition of the TTS program comes with a lot of useful features. Users can use capabilities like text highlighting, full-screen reading mode, dictionary lookups, and creating and pinning notes in addition to text-to-speech conversion.
Voice Dream Features
- Reader Mode: Its reading mode includes a superior Acapela voice, and you can use 36 in-built voices that you can enhance to get a clear output.
- Multiple Language Support: Voice Dream supports more than 20 popular languages like English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, and many more.
- Built-in OCR: Voice Dream provides you with an in-built OCR that helps in recognizing text from your uploaded files easily.
- You can use its scanner and writer tools for writing scripts faster.
- It supports a lot of popular languages.
- It supports a lot of file formats like PDF, EPUB, DAISY 3.0, DAISY 2.02, Zipped MP3 files, Plain Text, RTF, HTML, etc.
Voice Dream Pricings
You can use Voice Dream for free with limited usage. The iOS app of Voice Dream costs $14.99.
Final Words On Best Text-To-Speech Software
Voiceovers are used by many platforms in recent times, as it gives the users a superior experience. From Telephony to Gaming, everywhere these TTS tools are being used to get more positive feedback. Apart from these enterprise uses, many content creators use these TTS engines to create human-like voiceovers for their content.
If you want to get a realistic text to speech voice for yourself then my suggestion will be to go for Notevibes or Wellsaid, as these Text to Speech software are affordable and support a lot of languages, along with a large number of voice avatars. Many large agencies are profiting from using ultra-realistic text to speech in their products, you can benefit from them too. So pick the Best Text To Speech Software from the list and start creating realistic text to speech voices in no time.
If you liked this blog of mine or if you have any suggestions, let me know in the comment box.
Q. What is Text To Speech technology?
Ans. Text To Speech is a type of assistive technology that reads text aloud. TTS systems provide computer-generated sound, and we may vary the reading speed by speeding it up or slowing it down.
Q. How can we use text-to-speech software?
Ans. This technology can be used in a variety of ways. Some tools read a digital document or an online web page for users by extracting words from it. Using modern technology such as Optical Character Recognition, other programs can even convert handwritten text into speech.
Q. How does text to speech work?
Ans. The bulk of text-to-speech programs works in the same way. Users can either upload a text file or enter in the text that needs to be voiced. Then they choose from the different voices to evaluate which sound is best for the voiceover.
Q. Does Every Text-To-Speech Tool Provide the Same Voice Quality?
Voice quality varies depending on the solution, however, some use human voices, while premium solutions employ the voices of well-known narrators.
👉 Facebook: Facebook.com/Rebellink
👉 Twitter: Twitter.com/Rebellink
👉 Pinterest: Pinterest.com/Rebellink
👉 LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/Rebellink
👉 VK: Vk.com/Rebellink
👉 Telegram: T.me/RebelLink
👉 Instagram: Instagram.com/Rebellink
👉 Discord: Discord.gg/RebelLink