Construction management is a task that needs a lot of time and work. You need to take care of hundreds of contractors, rush to meet deadlines, and manage the humongous costs of the project. With big projects, errors are a luxury that we can’t afford. Thus, Construction management software is the best way to manage construction projects in a smooth way.
Choosing the Best Construction Management Software helps you to handle big construction projects by automating estimates, storing documents, running reports, and performing other tasks as well. Not only large companies but individual general contractors, remodelers, roofers, and others can benefit from construction management software, as it can reduce cost overruns and boost profit. If you are looking for such software to imply in your business, I have listed some of the best Construction management software that you can choose from.
Here are the top picks of the best construction management software you must try:
What Are The Best Construction Management Software Of 2023?
Clear Estimates Best In Business
STACK Best For Enterprises
Detailed Cost Estimating and Proposals
Construction Cloud Mobile Friendly Software
Construction IQ Tool
Scheduled Safety Inspection
Smartsheet Affordable Software
Smartsheet Control Center
Fieldwire Trusted By Usrers
Punch List Management
eSUB Popular Choice
Reports and Analytics
Table of Contents
What Is A Construction Management Software?
Construction management software is specialized software created for the construction sector. It aids in the organization, management, storage, collaboration, and planning of projects of all sizes and complexity. General and specialty contractors, construction firm owners, architects, builders, and designers often utilize it to manage projects, track expenses, fulfill deadlines, supervise employees, and provide accurate estimates.
How To Choose The Best Construction Management Software?
Due to the number of benefits of good construction management software, the internet is filled with a large number of construction management systems. But how to find the right one that can provide you with the most benefits. There are some aspects you need to look out for before getting construction management software for yourself.
- Ease of Deployment and Integration: If you are getting construction management software for yourself, making sure that it is easy to deploy and can seamlessly integrate with other third-party tools is a must.
- Scalability: In the construction business, you might need to hire a number of subcontractors to help you in your project. Thus, the software you are getting must not have any scalability issues. Keep this in consideration when you are buying construction management software.
- Budget: Staying under the budget is the top priority of businessmen, especially those who are in the construction business. Make sure that your construction management tool doesn’t cost way too much, you can get great construction management software at a very affordable price.
- Security: Safety of the crucial documents of your construction project is a top priority, so you must get construction project management software that can ensure the security of the sensible data of your project.
Now that you know which features to look for, we can begin our detailed discussion on the best construction management software.
Complete List Of The Best Construction Management Software
Procore is one of the most known software for its feature-rich appearance. It is a cloud-based software for construction management that already serves more than 1.3 million users. With this easy-to-use software, you can manage all of your projects, resources, and financials from the start to the completion of your construction project.
Procore is built specifically for the construction industry, with this all-in-one tool, you can integrate project contributors such as owners, general contractors, and subcontractors into a single consolidated dashboard.
- Custom Reports: Procore has a number of reporting templates available, or you can build your own report from the beginning by selecting data points. Drag and drop particular data points into the report before generating it. To get even more specific, you can filter the data by various parameters and assignees. There’s almost no limit to how specific these reports may be, and how much you can mix and match different data points, which is a big selling point for this product.
- Document Management: Procore provides limitless cloud storage, which is a welcome feature given that many other software options either limit capacity or charge extra for it. Individual files and folders can be tracked, and you’ll get an email if they’re updated or deleted. You can also quickly explore this feature by going to “things you’re tracking,” which displays exactly what it says. You can also make private folders that are only visible to users with particular permissions.
- Task Management: With the task tool of Procore, you can assign tasks to your coworkers, and create a to-do list for yourself. You complete a short form that includes information such as the assignee, due date, description, and status. You can also attach files and photographs, categorize them, and adjust the priority number to guarantee that chores are completed in the order of importance.
- Customer Support: Procore, unlike many other software companies, prominently publishes its phone number at the top of its website. A call to that number was answered nearly quickly by a member of the customer service staff.
Procore charges you depending on how big your project is, the lowest amount of Procore is $375/month if you are signed up for a year.
Developed by AutoDesk, the Construction cloud is another top-rated construction management software that enables contractors to design, build, operate and plan seamlessly. With the integrations like Excel, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, etc, Construction Cloud allows users to keep track of real-time activities of their project through one single dashboard. This software also can increase the productivity level by connecting with workflows.
Its mobile apps assist in the management of vital documents off-site. It enables contractors to create both private and collaborative workstations. To make closeout processes easier, users can mix field and office data.
Construction Cloud Features
- Simplified Takeoffs: With Construction Cloud you can extract materials from 2D or 3D models and create estimates that are free from errors. Besides that, the Construction cloud enables you to generate several quantities through a single takeoff. You can also customize different formulas as per your needs and you can also check them using its unique formula checker.
- Improved Collaboration: Construction Cloud makes collaboration better with its advanced collaboration functionalities. You can share important documents with your coworkers to keep them aware of the status of your project. It also allows multiple employees to work on a single model to identify and resolve the issues quicker.
- Centralized Meetings: Hold virtual meetings to keep track of project progress. To enable team members to debate issues in-depth, link documents, sheets, and RFIs to meeting items.
- Construction IQ Tool: With this distinct feature of Construction Cloud, you can make predictions about your project beforehand. With this tool, you can identify the risks of your project by viewing the dashboard. By identifying the issues you can resolve them before they can make an impact on your financials.
- Scheduled Safety Inspection: Construction Cloud allows you to create punch lists to verify that all relevant procedures are accomplished during quality inspections. Examine inspection reports to find and fix problems.
Construction Cloud Pricing
- Edition 1: $39/month for 550 sheets
- Edition 2: $69/month for 5,000 sheets
- Edition 3: $129/month for Unlimited Sheets
Clear Estimate is a good construction estimating software that is simple to use and cloud-based, which makes it mobile-friendly and allows you to create bids while away from your workstation. When it lacks scheduling systems and the capacity to work with CAD designs, you may upload blueprints for quick reference while creating your estimate.
The Clear Estimates product library includes material cost, labor cost, and a product description for each item. The software also features dozens of room templates ideal for companies that provide estimates for the same room types on a regular basis. The online version updates regularly and automatically and can be used on PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones
Clear Estimates Features
- Accurate Cost Data: Clear Estimates partners with Remodel max to provide you with more than 10,000 parts pre-loaded with material and labor costs that are specific to your area. You can be assured of the accuracy of the estimates given by Clear Estimates, as all the parts get updated every 3 months.
- Powerful Templates: Over 60 templates for popular works such as kitchens, baths, garages, extensions, and more are included in Clear Estimates. Simply choose a template and enter the square footage to get an accurate estimate in seconds! Because each project is unique, you can alter a template by deducting or eliminating pieces, changing the pricing, or adding new parts after you’ve added.
- Professional Proposals: Each part of Clear Estimates’ database includes professional contract language, allowing you to avoid typing out lengthy bids. Clear Estimates instantly builds a professional proposal with the pre-written wording, your custom boilerplate, and your firm details like name, unique logos, address, and phone number when you add your components with a few clicks.
Clear Estimates Pricing
Clear Estimates provides flexible and affordable pricing plans along with a 30-day free trial. You can choose from monthly subscriptions or you can save up to 20% by opting for its annual plans.
Standard Plan: $47/month
- Unlimited Estimates & Customers
- 10,000+ Line Item Database
- 60+ Preloaded Templates
- Create Payable Invoices
- Unlimited Customer Support
- Quarterly Labor & Material Rate Updates
- No Contract
- Billed Annually
Pro Annual Plan: $79/month
- Everything In Standard PLUS:
- Integrate with BuilderTrend
- Integrate with CRMs (via Zapier)
- Create Payable Invoices
- Additional Users for $9/month
- No Contract
- Billed Annually
Franchise Annual: $199/month
- Everything in Pro PLUS:
- Custom Branding
- Hosted On Your Website
- Custom Feature Development
- Customized Employee Training
- Contact Us for a Quote
- Billed Annually
STACK is one of the best all-in-one platform solutions for construction management. It serves as a central portal for project management, team collaboration, document exchange, and reporting. STACK’s estimation capabilities set it apart. You won’t have to spend hours physically measuring and calculating the quantity of material required for project takeoff using our building project management software.
Best suited for general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, Stack will quickly assist you in measuring digital plans and calculating required quantities. With a single click, you can export these facts to Excel.
- Plan, Spec, and Document Management: STACK helps you with project plans, specs, and other documents securely saved in a single, central hub. Stack makes sorting and searching straightforward and helps team members discover the information they need quickly by eliminating overflowing blueprint bins and difficult-to-access file servers.
- Cloud-Based Quantity & Material Takeoff: STACK software surpasses obsolete desktop software and rips through calculations with a speed that shreds paper and manual approaches. The flexible and straightforward takeoff tools adapt to your demands, providing a number of measurement methods for determining material quantities fast and precisely.
- Detailed Cost Estimating and Proposals: STACK simplifies the bid process for even the most complex jobs by providing intuitive tools for each profession. Create and customize winning proposals in a fraction of the time while maintaining optimum profit margins.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Whether you’re in the office, on a job site, or literally in the sky on your way to the beach, STACK gives you and your internal and external teams access to project plans, details, and reports. Plan markup, sharing, and invitation are all powerful tools that enable and encourage quick communication so you can meet or beat any deadline.
STACK offers two annual pricing for its paid plans, although it allows you to take a free trial to check its worth.
Start Plan: $1999/year
- 1 Full Access User
- 2 View-Only Users
- Unlimited Projects
Grow Plan: $4,999/year
- 3 Full Access Users
- 6 View-Only Users
- Unlimited Projects
Trusted by numerous construction giants around the globe, Smartsheet is one of the best-rated construction management software that gets the job done efficiently. Smartsheet helps its users to increase their productivity and communication efficiency by providing an interface similar to a spreadsheet.
Smartsheet’s project scheduling solution gives you complete control over your project. You can assign tasks to appropriate personnel and set start times, buffers, and lead times to ensure complete transparency on project deadlines. Despite the advanced functions, the construction management tool is a really affordable one, its pricing plans, which start as low as $7/user/month, suit small businesses and individuals perfectly.
- Team Collaboration: Smartsheet provides collaboration tools that help enterprises to keep their workforce aligned and well-coordinated. Smartsheet enables the entire company to have an impact, from intelligent processes that boost productivity to end-to-end content and resource management solutions.
- Workflow Automation: With the automation feature of Smartsheet, you can set up basic and powerful automated workflows. Send notifications, seek approvals and modifications, and lock rows based on sheet changes and preset times to automate repetitive procedures.
- Smartsheet WorkApps: Without writing a single line of code, WorkApps allows you to create easy-to-navigate apps in minutes utilizing Smartsheet and external information such as Tableau dashboards or Google Docs.
- Smartsheet Control Center: Control Center extends Smartsheet’s fundamental value by automating project creation, managing change, and aggregating portfolio information to give project consistency, visibility, and procedures at scale.
- Integrations: To provide flexibility and more functionality, Smartsheet allows you to integrate with a number of advanced tools that you may need to boost your performance. From messaging to data visualization to security, Smartsheet lets you take over all the aspects of your business by integrating with apps like Workplace, Google Chat, Tableau, Salesforce connector, Servicenow, Azure, and many more.
Smartsheet offers a risk-free 30-day free trial and 3 affordable paid plans.
Pro Plan: $7/user/month
- Unlimited sheets, reports, and dashboards (1 sheet per report, 10 widgets per dashboard)
- 10 viewers allowed per object
- Private sheets and reports
- Grid, Gantt, Card, Calendar views
- Pre-built automation rules (250 automations per month)
- 20 GB attachment storage
- Cell and column formulas
- Support for Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and Apple ID login
Business Plan: $25/user/plan
- Includes Pro plan, plus:
- Unlimited collaborators who can view and edit
- Unlimited sheets per report, widgets per dashboard
- Unlimited automation
- Forms with conditional logic
- Document builder
- Brandfolder integration
- Adobe Creative Cloud extension
- Report grouping and summary
- Activity log
- Custom branding
- 1TB attachment storage
- Publish sheets, reports, and dashboards
- User, group, license management
Enterprise Plan: Custom
- Includes Business plan, plus:
- Custom welcome and help screens
- WorkApps: No-code business apps; curated experiences based on user role
- Unlimited attachment storage
- Work Insights: Instantly analyze your data
- DocuSign integration
- Directory integration: Replicate your user groups and attributes from LDAP or Active Directory to Smartsheet
- Single sign-on/SAML
- Custom email domains; Smartsheet notifications from customer email domain
- Approved Domain Sharing: Restrict the domains to which Smartsheet assets can be shared
- Account discovery
- User merge
- Domain validation – user auto-provisioning
- Chargeback reports
- Back up / recurring backup
- 24/7 phone support
- Access to Smartsheet Advance:
- Manage processes at scale with Control Center
- Enable connected systems of record to orchestrate workflow across the enterprise
- Governance controls
- Event reporting
- Customer managed encryption keys
Fieldwire is a widely trusted field management software around the globe, as it serves more than 1,000,000 commercial, industrial, heavy civil, and residential projects worldwide. The best thing about this tool is that it supports projects of any size. With its task management and scheduling tools, Fieldwire simplifies worksite coordination effectively.
Engineers, supervisors, and contractors can easily stay on top of their workload and optimize their schedule two to three weeks ahead of time since project-specific duties are grouped around plans and trades. Users can organize, allocate, and plan work using a Kanban priority, Gantt chart, or calendar view in the software’s scheduling section. Furthermore, you’ll be able to complete these chores from any device, ensuring that no job falls between the cracks.
- Plan Viewing: Fieldwire’s construction management software also functions as a blueprint app, allowing field workers to view, modify, and share documents in real-time. Everyone can get the most up-to-date information and designs using our blueprint app.
- Punch List Management: With the Fieldwire punch list app, you can streamline and organize your closeout process. Fieldwire can improve your walkthrough process and delegate tasks to the people who are in charge of getting things done.
- Task Management: With this web-based software you can easily connect your teams in the field and office. Fieldwire provides real-time push notifications to its users to help them make decisions at a faster rate. Along with that it also enhances the production rate in the field by putting the necessary information right in their devices.
- Inspection: Construction inspections are made simple using Fieldwire’s app. You may create unique inspection checklists, conduct the inspection, and easily generate your building inspection report using its mobile construction app.
- BIM Viewer: Fieldwire’s BIM viewer, like any good Revit viewer, gives you a complete 360° view of your project, including metadata on specific objects and tools for taking precise measurements.
Fieldwire provides 4 very affordable plans for small teams and individuals, including a freemium plan at no cost.
Basic Plan: $0
- Plan viewing
- Task management
- Instant messaging
- File sharing
- 100 Sheets
- 3 Projects
Pro Plan: $29/user/month
- All Basic features
- Sheet compare
- Custom task statuses
- Reports & exports
- Revit plugin
- Email support
- Unlimited Sheets
- Unlimited Projects
Business Plan: $49/user/month
- All Pro features
- Custom forms
- 360° photos
- Box/Dropbox/OneDrive sync
- BIM viewer
- Phone support
- Unlimited Sheets
- Unlimited Projects
Premier plan: $89/user/month
- All Business features
- API access
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- API support
- Training programs
- Dedicated account manager
- Unlimited Sheets
- Unlimited Projects
Lastly, eSUB makes to our list of Best Construction Management Software with its premium functionalities and versatility. Designed for commercial contractors, eSUB is widely popular among electrical contractors, concrete contractors, Plumbing contractors, structural steel contractors, and many more.
The software helps its users to manage their day-to-day operations and standardize project management practices so that users are always up to current on their job. The built-in accountability elements in eSUB are something we really like since they assist us to negotiate the risks that come with being a subcontractor. Users can create, log, and track key documents including requests for information (RFIs), and change orders using eSUB’s project management module.
- Project Management: The tools in eSUB project management software provide extensive project planning and reporting, from scheduling and resource management through daily reporting and RFIs (and more). Providing useful historical and real-time data to construction professionals to help them deliver more competitive bids, boost profitability, and keep projects on track.
- Field Communications: By using eSUB’s mobile app users can generate daily reports, take field notes with photographs and videos, and view essential project papers and contacts without an internet connection. The best aspect is that if a connection is restored, the information and data captured will immediately sync to the cloud.
- Document Control: Everyone on the project team can know where to find information and the status of an RFI, submittal, or other essential project documents thanks to documenting management in eSUB Cloud. It provides the office with the essential documentation to ensure that the company is paid for all of the services it performs. Create, log, email, track, and store project documentation in a single web-based repository with no data restrictions.
- Reports and Analytics: From the field to management, eSUB Cloud provides real-time project analytics. Assuring that the team has the necessary knowledge to make proactive decisions that will safeguard the profit margin. eSUB provides project information that is easy to monitor as data is collected, allowing you to spot trends and predict outcomes based on the present trajectory.
eSUB comes with a robust set of core capabilities to meet all of your building needs, as well as add-ons to help your company expand. You can choose from its Base, Advanced, or Premium plan. For a free trial and price, contact eSUB directly.
Final Take On Best Construction Management Software
In construction projects, we can’t afford any mistakes in any part of the work, so you need to get the construction management software that offers all the features and tools you need to do your job precisely and cost-effectively.
The software I have listed above is no newbie in the business and is already popular among the masses. Read the descriptions thoroughly and know which one suits you best. Investing in the right tool can help you succeed in your business and make you grow, so don’t wait anymore, get the best construction management software from the list above, and get started.