If you want to start a business in the United States, you’ll need a PayPal account. PayPal is an online payment processing company that allows businesses to accept payments from customers.
In order to set up a PayPal account, you’ll need to provide some personal information, including your name, address, and email address. Once you’ve set up your account, you can start accepting payments from customers.
For one, you’ll be able to accept payments from all over the world. You’ll also be able to use PayPal’s buyer protection program and dispute resolution process.
But first of all, you need to create a US PayPal account. This post on “How to Create a US PayPal Account” help guide you through the complete process of setting up a US Paypal Account.
So without any further delay, let’s get started.
Step By Step Guide On ” How to Create a US PayPal Account”.
If you live in any unsupported countries and would love to own a PayPal account, here are the steps to create a US PayPal Account.
Quick-Step On ” How To Create a US Paypal Account:
Step 1: Go to www.paypal.com and click Sign Up.
Step 2: Select Sign Up for a Personal Account.
Step 3: Enter your country, email address, and password.
Step 4: Enter your other personal details.
Step 5: Link your credit card to PayPal (optional).
Step 6: Link your bank account to PayPal (optional).
Step 7: Verify your email address with PayPal.
Detailed Instructions For How To Create A PayPal Account
Step 1: Request to sign up for PayPal.
Go to www.paypal.com in your web browser, and click Sign Up in the top-right corner.
Step 2: Choose To Sign Up For A Personal PayPal Account.
You’ll likely use PayPal to pay for items both online and offline and to send money to people whom you provide for services you sell on the internet. In that case, click Sign Up for a Personal Account.
Step 3: Provide Your Email address, A Password (and copy), And Your Home Country.
Next, you have to fill in your basic account details.
Click in each of the boxes highlighted here and select or type in, respectively:
- the country in which you live
- your email address
- a password with which to protect your account
- a copy of the password that you just entered
When you’re all set, click Continue.
Step 4: Provide Your Other Personal Information.
Next, you will have to fill in the personal details that PayPal will need to connect your account with your credit card, debit card, or bank.
Click in each of the boxes highlighted here and select or type in, respectively:
- your first name
- your middle name (optional)
- your last name
- your date of birth (numeric day/month/year format)
- your field of occupation
- your social insurance number (optional)
- your street address
- your unit address (optional)
- your area mailing code
- the city in which you live
- the state, province, or territory in which you live
- your phone number (click the menu beside it to select Mobile or Home number)
If you don’t want extra emails from PayPal telling you about updates and promotions on PayPal’s services, click the check box here to unmark it.
Once everything has been filled in correctly, click Agree and Create Account.
Step 5: Add Your Credit Card As a PayPal Option.
The next step is to link your credit card or debit card to your PayPal account. This allows you to shop in stores online and in the real world with PayPal, and have the purchase automatically charged to your credit card.
Click in each of the boxes highlighted here and type in:
- your credit card number
- your credit card’s expiration date (numerical month/year [last two digits of the year])
- your credit card’s security code
PayPal will assume that the billing address for your credit card is the same as the personal one that you provided in the previous step. If it isn’t, click Edit and provide the correct street address, unit address (optional), mailing code, city, and state/province/territory.
When you’ve filled in all of your information, click Link Card.
If you don’t have a credit card or don’t want to add it as a payment option for PayPal, click I’d Rather Link My Bank Account First.
Step 6: Add Your Bank Account As A PayPal Option.
Once you have linked your credit card to PayPal, you can also link your bank account(s) to your PayPal account, too. Or, if you don’t want to link your bank account(s) to PayPal (at least not right now), click I’ll Link My Bank Account Later (click the button that appears after this to confirm).
Step 7: Verify Your Email Address.
There is another thing you need to do to complete the setup of your account, and that’s verifying your email address. You can’t use PayPal without your email address! Open your email client and log in to your account. Go to the email PayPal sent you titled Welcome to PayPal and click on the link in it. From here, click on the blue Yes, This is My Email Address button.
To complete confirmation of your email address for your PayPal account, you will need to enter your account password. Click in the box labeled “Password” and type in the password that you picked to protect your PayPal account. Then click Confirm My Email Address.
Information You Need To Provide To Create A US PayPal Account
Information You Have To Provide, To Create A Personal PayPal Account:
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- A Social Security number
Information You Have To Provide, To Create Business PayPal Account:
- An LLC service or corporation
- A Company Phone Number
- A Company Address
- An EIN Number
- A Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
Is PayPal safe?
Yes! PayPal is ranked among the safest financial services companies in the world! Senders of money have no access to your bank account or personal information. PayPal’s PayPal Purchase Protection covers you if you have any problems.
What Documentation Do You Need To Open a PayPal Account?
PayPal accepts a wide range of documentation in order to set up an account. Below are some of the documents that PayPal accepts:
- Acceptable Proof of SSN/ITIN documents include:
- Social Security Number card
- Letter from IRS assigning SSN or ITIN
- 1099 Form (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Employer-issued W2 (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Paystub with complete SSN (Dated within the last 12 months)
- 3rd party prepared tax documents (Dated within the last 12 months, and signed by 3rd party preparer)
- Acceptable Proof of Identity documents are:
- Driver’s license
- Passport or passport card
- State or Government Issue ID
- Acceptable Proof of Address documents are:
- Utility bill (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Cell or landline phone bill (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Motor vehicle registration (Dated within the last 12 months)
- 401k/Brokerage Statement (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Copy of Grant Deed on Home or Lease Agreement for Home
- Bank or credit card statement (Dated within the last 12 months)
- Identity card or driver’s license with a physical address listed (must be current)
What Are The Benefits Of Opening A US PayPal Account?
If you’re looking to do business online, then you’ll need a payment processor. And there’s no better option than PayPal. Here are just a few of the benefits of opening a US PayPal account:
- You can send and receive payments from anywhere in the world.
- PayPal is one of the most widely accepted payment processors, so you’ll have no trouble finding customers or vendors who use it.
- PayPal is secure and offers buyer protection, so you can rest assured that your transactions are safe.
- Setting up a PayPal account is quick and easy, so you can start doing business right away!
- You’ll have access to valuable insights into your customers’ spending habits, which can help you better tailor your products and services to their needs.
What Are The Challenges Of Creating A US PayPal Account?
If you want to use PayPal to shop online in the US, you’ll need to create a US account. However, this can be difficult for foreigners. Here are some of the challenges you may encounter when trying to create a PayPal account in the United States.
One challenge is that you need a US bank account to link to your PayPal account. This can be difficult to obtain if you’re not a citizen or resident of the United States. Another challenge is that you may need a US credit or debit card to verify your identity and address. Again, this can be difficult for foreigners to obtain.
Finally, even if you do have all the necessary documentation, creating a PayPal account in the US can be time-consuming and confusing. The process requires multiple steps and can be tricky to navigate.
Conclusion On How To Create a US PayPal Account
PayPal is a fantastic, secure way to conduct business transactions online. But it’s only for people with the United States Social Security numbers for individual accounts, and for people with either SSN or ITIN numbers for business accounts.
Hope this post on “How To Create a US PayPal Account”, has helped you and provided some important information regarding setting up of Paypal account.
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comment section below. I will be happy to respond.