Looking For Nitropack vs Wp Rocket vs FlyingPress? Read this blog to find the best one.
FlyingPress, Nitropack, and Wp Rocket are plugins aiming at WordPress Pagespeed and Core Web Vitals Optimization. What is the best solution for improving your WordPress website speed and who has the best price?
This post is an ultimate comparison of NitroPack and WP Rocket.
At the end of this post, you’ll learn about the difference between FlyingPress, NitroPack, and WP Rocket.
NitroPack Vs WP Rocket Vs FlyingPress – Overview
First, have a basic understanding of One of the best WordPress Cache plugins before we compare NitroPack Vs WP Rocket Vs FlyingPress.
What Is FlyingPress?
FlyingPress is an all-in-one solution to WordPress sites that take care of everything. From page caching, and CDN to image optimization. Any non-techie should be able to create super-fast WordPress sites without going to too many tutorials or multiple plugins for speed optimization. Read our FlyingPress Review to know more about this WordPress cache plugin. Also, check our blog on Best FlyingPress Settings and follow the settings to get the ultimate performance.
Here are the key FlyingPress features :
- Page Caching – Generate static HTML pages and serve them directly from your web server.
- Cache Preloading – Automatically generate cached pages when you make some changes.
- Remove Unused CSS – Generate critical CSS and remove unused CSS.
- Preload links – Preloads a page in the browser right before a user clicks on it.
- Delay Script Execution – Load and execute non-critical scripts only on user interaction.
- Defer Scripts – Avoid render-blocking scripts by deferring them.
- Optimize Database – Optimize and clean up database tables and set them to autopilot!
- Lazy Load – Lazy load images, HTML elements, videos, iFrames, and more.
- Optimize Google Fonts – Self-host, combine and preload Google Fonts. Optionally display fallback fonts.
- Prioritize Resources – Prioritize critical resources like the above-fold images, and fonts to load in high priority.
- Reduce Layout Shifts – Add missing width and height attributes to reduce layout shifts caused by images.
What Is NitroPack?
NitroPack is an all-in-one performance optimization service. It combines everything you need for a lightning-fast website. Image optimization, code minification, caching, CDN, lazy loading – you name it, NitroPack has it. NitroPack performs all optimizations in the cloud. This makes it a very lightweight solution with a lower CPU overhead compared to standard caching plugins.
- Smart Invalidation
- Cookie & Device Awareness
- Integrate with 3rd-party cache
- Browser Caching
- Automatic Cache Warmup
- GZIP and Brotli Compression
- Global CDN
- HTTP/2 CompatibilityCSS Combining
- Above-the-fold critical CSS
- Deferred loading of fonts
- CSS Minification
- CSS Compression
- Advanced Resource Loader
- HTML Minification
- HTML Compression
- DNS Preconnects
- Preemptive Image Sizing
- WEBP Support
- Adaptive Sizing (BETA)Lazy Loading
- Lossy and Lossless Compression
- Intelligent JS Combining
- JS Minification
- JS Compression
- Deferred Loading
- Compatible with Ad Scripts
What Is WP Rocket?
WP Rocket is a premium cache plugin for WordPress. WordPress experts recognize it as the most powerful caching tool. Thanks to its wide range of options and automatic optimization features, it can be easily used by experienced WordPress users as well as beginners.
WP Rocket Features
- Page Caching – Get your WordPress site cached right away. Caching makes your site load ultra-fast: the real key to boosting your SEO and increasing conversions.
- GZIP Compression – Compress web pages on the server and decompress them in the browser. The size of your files decreases and your visitors get your content quicker.
- Cache Preloading – Let your visitors enjoy the speedier, cached content of your site right away! WP Rocket automatically preloads the cache every time you make some changes on your web pages.
- eCommerce Optimization -Your eCommerce will run fast and smoothly: WP Rocket excludes sensitive pages from the cache. No interference in the purchasing process.
- Browser Caching – Store the frequently accessed resources of your site—images, JS, CSS—in the local memory of the navigation device, be it desktop or mobile.
- Excellent Compatibility – Enjoy peace of mind: WP Rocket is compatible with the most popular themes and plugins and it works with the top managed WordPress hostings.
FlyingPress Vs NitroPack Vs WP Rocket- Feature
Delay JS until user-interaction
FlyingCDN - $3/ 100 GB / site / month
(Rocket CDN $9/month)
Lazyload + Image Optimization + WebP
HTML/CSS/JS minification & compression
DNS prefetching, preloading
Remove unused CSS
FlyingPress Vs NitroPack Vs WP Rocket – Core Web Vitals
You must make sure you are passing Core Web Vitals field data because Google’s Pagespeed does not check or have a user-interaction feature to give your website a real user testing experience.
On Core Web Vitals field data results, The Core Web Vitals Technology report ranks Nitropack slightly above Wp Rocket on mobile and desktop metrics with a minor margin percentage advantage. It also does have a better median Lighthouse and lower page size (kb) than the two other plugins.
FlyingPress from the ground up was for a better user experience. We entirely wrote critical CSS generation and other libraries from scratch to get the best performance.
Both WP Rocket and Nitropack cache generate critical CSS. But I was never happy with their results.
If you carefully look at the screenshots generated, you’ll notice a few things:
- No layout shifts – As you can see in the screenshots, FlyingPress from the second frame itself is rendered with any layout shifts. Avoiding such layout shifts helps in reducing Cumulative Layout Shifts.
- Fast rendering – While WP Rocket and LiteSpeed cache displayed the blog post imagine 6th frame, FlyingPress showed it from the second frame itself, without even need of placeholder. FlyingPress uses several techniques like preloading above fold images, excluding above fold images from lazy loading, using native lazy load, our own super-fast JS lazy load lib, etc. All of such optimizations help in reducing First Contentful Paint and Largest Contentful paint.
FlyingPress Vs NitroPack Vs WP Rocket – Pricing
FlyingPress has 4 plans, Personal, Developer, Professional, and Agency. The personal plan starts at $60/year. You can select the plan on the basis of the website, you want to control.
WP Rocket Pricing
WP Rocket plan starts at $49/year for one website. The plus plan allows three websites and costs $99/year. The Infinite plan is priced at $249/year for unlimited sites. Only during the WP Rocket Black Friday days, you can get at least a 35% discount on all their plans. For the rest of the year, there will be no discounts.
NitroPack annual plan starts at $17.50/month with a limit of 50,000 page views per month. There is also a free plan which can be used for testing, but it also comes with 5000 page views per month, so you can use it forever if the traffic is lesser.
Summary: When it comes to pricing, FlyingPress is the ultimate winner, where it costs just $42/year for one website. However, for the first year, it cost $60/year. For renewal, it cost $42/year.
FlyingPress Vs NitroPack Vs WP Rocket- Performance
Since NitroPack and WP Rocket are completely different services, it’s not easy to compare both performances. For example, you can’t disable CDN on NitroPack, so I need to use CDN with WP Rocket to perform a test.
Google PageSpeed Score (Mobile)
Largest Contentful Paint
Total Blocking Time
Cumulative Layout Shift
Summary: FlyingPress is the clear winner when it comes to performance. WP Rockets and NitroPack need powerful hosting like Cloudways and StackPath CDN to achieve similar results to FlyingPress. There is nothing wrong with WP Rocket and Nitropress but FlyingPress outsmarts them ultimately.
Conclusion On – FlyingPress Vs NitroPack Vs WP Rocket
I did and saw a major difference compared to WP Rocket (mostly in actual browsing speed). Then I made this blog “NitroPack Vs WP Rocket Vs FlyingPress” comparing the features, performance, and pricing. It also shows you why FlyingCDN is much better than the other two.
WP Rocket needs to do a better job of optimizing for real-world browsing. Remove unused CSS uses the slower inline method, lazy loading background images is harder, and RocketCDN isn’t great. SiteGround Optimizer is clearly missing features and isn’t reliable.
Once you compare them side by side, it’s easy to see why so many people are switching to FlyingPress. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a powerful WordPress cache Plugin, then FlyingPress is the best option out there.