Are you looking for Quizizz vs Quizlet? Here it is.
So when it comes to online quiz tools, there are a few popular options out there in the market.
Quizizz and Quizlet are two of the most well-known tools for creating and taking quizzes. Both tools have their pros and cons, so it can be challenging to decide which one is the best option for you.
In this post on “Quizizz vs Quizlet“, I will compare both the tools on certain criteria such as features, pricing, and pros and cons.
Comparing Quizizz vs Quizlet – Overview
What Is Quizizz?
Quizizz is a Learning platform created in 2014, that offers multiple tools to make a classroom fun, interactive and engaging.
As a teacher, you can create lessons, conduct formative assessments, assign homework, and have other interactions with your students (for all grades) in a captivating way.
It offers many of the same features as other popular Quiz platforms, such as creating flashcards and taking quizzes.
Quizizz differs from other quiz tools, but it also provides a few special features.
You can collaborate with your classmates to create live quizzes, for instance, using Quizizz. This can be an excellent way to become interested in your studies and have some fun.
By the way, apart from creating quizzes, if you are interested in launching your own course for students, check our post on: Best Online Course Platform.
How To Play Quizizz?
Quizizz is also cost-free to use, so you have free access to all of its features.
Two devices are required to play Quizizz: one for the teacher and one for each student.
The teacher launches the game on their device and gives the students a code. Using the code, the students sign up for the game and start playing on their own devices.
What Is Quizlet?
Quizlet is a tool that was created in 2005 and has been steadily growing in popularity ever since.
It is a web-based tool that allows you to create online flashcards, practice quizzes, and more. One of the main benefits of using Quizlet is that it is completely free to use.
You can access all of the features of the tool without having to pay a cent. Quizlet also has a large user base, so you can find plenty of study resources and collaborate with other students online.
Quizlet is a fantastic tool for teachers to create quizzes for in-person and remote learning that makes building and assessing quick and easy. It is even smart enough to offer adaptive learning to suit the student.
Quizlet offers a huge range of subjects and question styles, from visual study materials to fill-in-the-blank games, and plenty more.
How To Play:
To play Quizlet, you need two devices: one for the teacher and one for each student.
The teacher starts the game on their device and shares a code with the students. The students join the game using the code and begin playing on their own devices.
Comparing Quizlet vs Quizizz On – Feature
- Instructor-paced Lessons/Quizzes: Teachers control the pace; the whole class goes through each question together.
- Student-paced Lessons/Quizzes: Students progress at their own pace and you see a leaderboard and live results for each question or lesson.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): Students always see the content on their own devices, be it PCs, laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
- Access to millions of Quizzes: Import any public quiz as-is, edit and customize them.
- (Quiz + Lesson) Editor: Choose from 6 different question types to add images, video, and audio to teleporting questions from other quizzes and lessons.
- Reports: Get detailed class-level and student-level insights for every quiz. Share with parents/guardians to monitor student progress.
- Options to Customize: Options to customize your quiz sessions to toggle the level of competition and speed.
- Sharing & Collaboration: Share your quiz with other instructors and/or ask them to be collaborators.
- Quizlet Live – The fun, fast-paced classroom learning game that students love. Make lesson review collaborative, competitive, and engaging, customized with your lesson content. Students love the competition and work together to help their team win. Use it as a teaching tool, to review and create a connection, especially during remote learning. It works well on Zoom too!
- Quizlet Checkpoint – With Checkpoint, teachers can easily take the pulse of the room and find out what students understand and what they need to work on through this quick, formative assessment. Use it as an exit ticket to see what students understood, an entrance check to see what students understand, and a fun way to review multiple choice questions quickly and easily!
- Quizlet Learn – Create a study set of material you need to practice and master, tell it when you need to learn it, and they’ll kick-start your studying with an adaptive study plan and notifications that remind you when it’s time to focus.
- Expert solutions – Get expert solutions for tough homework problems. You can find textbooks, ISBNs, questions, and more.
- Flashcards – A better way to study with flashcards is here. Quizlet makes it simple to create your own flashcards, study those of a classmate, or search our archive of millions of flashcard decks from other students. Creating your own set of flashcards is simple with the free flashcard maker — just add a term and definition. You can even add an image from its library. Once your flashcard set is complete, you can study and share it with friends.
- Mobile – Quizlet website is optimized for any phone or tablet so that you can access all Quizlet features from the browser of any device. Quizlet study tools and games designed specifically for mobile. All your study data will sync with the website and vice versa.
- Partnerships – Build your campaign where achievers build their future. Quizlet Ads is the premier digital partner to reach highly-engaged Gen Z and Millennial achievers at every phase of their personal, academic, and professional development.
Quizizz is the clear winner when it comes to features. It has more features than Quizlet, and they are all well executed.
Comparing Quizizz vs Quizlet- Pros
- It is Free!
- The flexibility of Quizizz is the best feature of this gaming platform. Any teacher can use it for any content area that they teach.
- It has a Blog Section that highlights new features or techniques for using the platform.
- Quizizz has a Teacher Resource Section that includes a 1-page get-started guide, training presentation, and help center.
- You do not have to project the question on a board or screen. Each student has access to their own question-and-answer gameplay.
- Teachers can view student reports and view what questions were answered correctly or incorrectly in order to inform instruction or address learning gaps.
- Can be easily added to Google Classroom.
- You can add existing questions from other’s Quizizz to your own Quizizz with one 1-click and make edits.
- Fun Memes are added to questions once they are answered. These can be customized to fit your classroom community, school environment, or classroom content and provide positive feedback for students.
- Quizizz can also be used for fun trivia or extra credit near school vacations when students are getting antsy.
- It is free
- It functions as a memorization tool to assist students’ learning.
- It offers a variety of learning modes, including four study modes and two study games.
- It allows students to share their works with others in Friends and Groups.
- It is not required to install the software.
- It can be operated on mobile devices.
- For face-to-face classes, the live version allows students to collaborate and compete.
- Great for online and hybrid courses to make the material more engaging.
- Students can have fun while studying by using the game formats that Quizlet has to offer.
Comparing Quizizz vs Quizlet Pricing
Quizizz has 3 plans:
- Intro – Free
- Standard – $25
- Premier – $48
Quizlet has a simple pricing plan. It offers a 7-day free trial, then $35.99/year. That’s like $2.99/month.
Comparison Of Quizizz vs Quizlet On The Basis Of:
Ease Of Use
It’s very simple to use Quizizz. There is no need to download anything in order to create a Quizizz game; it only takes a few minutes. The layout is very simple, and students can easily navigate the website. The website does a great job of guiding you through the process step-by-step if it’s your first time using it.
The quizzes themselves are simple to use and understand. Students only need to choose an answer to the questions as they appear and enter their access codes. Quizizz is ideal for group learning since you can share your games with anyone.
The games on Quizizz are very interesting. Students can track their development as they respond to the questions, and they are visually appealing.
It’s also very simple to use Quizlet. There is no need to download anything in order to create a Quizlet game; it only takes a few minutes. The design is comparable to Quizizz’s, but it’s a little bit messier. Students can still easily navigate the website, though.
Playing the quizzes is just as simple as using Quizizz. Students only need to choose an answer to the questions as they appear and enter their access codes. Games on Quizlet are also entertaining. They lack Quizizz’s eye-catching visual appeal, though.
Quizizz is by far the easiest to use of the two. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and participating in quizzes a breeze.
Although Quizlet is also very user-friendly, it can be a little more difficult for beginners to use. Both tools, however, provide beneficial tutorials that can guide you through the fundamentals of using the tool.
You can quickly create a quiz using Quizizz. You can either choose from one of the numerous templates on the website or make your own quiz.
You can add the following question types using the quiz editor:
- Multiple Choice: The most typical question type is multiple choice. The student is expected to select one correct response from a list of typically two or more (up to five) options.
- Checkbox: There are typically multiple correct answers for this question type, unlike multiple-choice questions. If the student doesn’t choose all of the correct answers, no points will be given.
- Open-Ended Question: Students will have to type in a response to this question. It can be anything from a sentence to a paragraph
- Poll: This question type lets you create a poll with up to four options. The student is then expected to vote for the option they agree with the most
Your quiz can also include images, videos, and sounds. You don’t need to worry about manually grading the quizzes because they are all automatically scored.
To begin, sign in to your Quizizz account and select “Create” from the menu.
Select the quiz type from the list of question types that were earlier mentioned, and then type in the quiz’s title and its topic.
After that, add your queries and responses. They can be typed in manually or copied and pasted from another source.
When finished, you can share your quiz.
You can quickly create a quiz using Quizlet. You can either choose from one of the numerous templates on the website or make your own quiz.
Log into Quizlet and click the Create button at the top of the page to get started. Select the quiz type after setting the title and description for it.
Although you can import a list of definitions, doing so is optional and not the same as taking a test. The student must respond to questions and possible answers on a quiz.
After that, add your queries and responses. They can be typed in manually or copied and pasted from another source.
When finished, select “Create” to store your quiz.
When it comes to creating quizzes, Quizlet is a little bit simpler to use than Quizizz. However, it only takes a few minutes to create a quiz on either platform due to how user-friendly they are.
Difference between Quizlet and Quizizz In a NutShell
Course Authoring Software
Employee Engagement Software
Knowledge Base Software
24/7 (Live rep)
Conclusion On Quizizz vs Quizlet
The quiz-making and quiz-taking tools Quizizz and Quizlet are both excellent. Each tool does, however, have special qualities and advantages of its own.
The best option if you’re looking for a straightforward quiz tool is Quizlet. Quizizz is a better option if you’re looking for a tool that has more features and enables you to communicate with your classmates.
In the end, it comes down to your learning style and the features you are looking for in a quiz tool. Try both tools out to see which one suits you the best.
Hope you liked reading this post on: Quizizz vs Quizlet. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comment secton below. I will be happy to respond.