When it comes to the topic of E-Commerce, the 3rd most popular platform that comes to our mind is Shopify after Woocommerce and Squarespace Online Store. Over hundreds of Shopify Themes are available on this platform such as Konversion Shopify, Debutify Theme, and so on. More merchants are increasing day by day. In 2012, there were 41,000 merchants and in 2020 it was 1,749,000. In 2020, Over 457 million people bought from Shopify stores. There are around 7000 apps available for download in Shopify.
Also Read: Logo Maker For Your Website
Some Facts About Shopify We Should Know
- Shopify was made by three Canadians in Ottawa, known by Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand and Scott Lake.
- Headquarter is at Ottawa in Canada.
- The US is now the leading country to use Shopify followed by the UK and Canada.
- Almost 20% market share for Shopify which is the leading ecommerce platform.
- There are hundreds of free and paid Shopify themes and templates.
- Shopify has the Shopify Plus platform where they allow for more customization.
- Simple and easy to use. You don’t need to be a professional to use it.
- Shopify has Shopify SEO services.
- Official website: www.shopify.com
Related: Shopify Platform Review
What Is Global Ecommerce?
Global E-commerce is the business concept of selling products and services all over the internet to buyers who live in other countries. Everyone can access and buy it.
Global Ecommerce Stats
- Global E-commerce market is expected to total $4.89 trillion in 2022.
- In 2014, the market was worth $1.3 trillion.
- In 2019, it was $3.35 trillion.
- In 2020, it was $4.28 trillion.
- In 2022, it is expected to be $5.42 trillion.
- In 2023, it is expected to be $5.90 trillion.
- In 2024, it is expected to be $6.38 trillion.
- In 2019, 13.6% sales were made from internet purchase.
- In 2020, 18% sales were made from internet purchase.
- In 2022, it is expected to be 19.5%.
- In 2022, it is expected to be 20.4%.
- In 2023, it is expected to be 21.1%.
- In 2024, it is expected to be 21.8%.
- Latin America is in the first place in the growth market. Second is North America. After China and The US, the UK is the third most developed country. It is assumed that the total sales are expected to be $169 billion.
- The U.S is second after China for growing sales. In the U.S. it is $843 billion compared to China that is $2.8 trillion. China is the largest online market and it is the top country for reaching more than half online sales.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic everything changes. More people are activated for online shopping. Mobile ecommerce made it simple for the users.
- In 2019, the global digital buyers were 2.05 billion people that is 21.55% of the global population. It is expected to be 2.14 billion in 202i and in 2024, it is expected to be 21.8% worldwide.
- Shopify focuses on being “the world’s first global retail operating system” in the global market.
(Source: Shopify Website)
There are a few companies that are growing, including the COVID-19 pandemic situation. If you check the Shopify Statistics then you can notice that it is becoming larger day by day.
How Big Is Shopify or How Many Stores Are There in Shopify in 2022?
- According to Backlinko, there are 1.75 million merchants on Shopify and the company added 680 thousand new merchants from 2019.
- 22,405 domains running Shopify Plus. Shopify allows merchants to run on multiple domains. Roundabout 14,936 distinct merchants running Shopify Plus. (Source: Store Leads)
- 175 different countries use Shopify stores to run businesses.
- Roundabout 42,200 partners referred a merchant to Shopify in 2022, which is upto 72% compared with 24,500 in 2019. (Source: Shopify)
- 20% of all e-commerce websites are powered by Shopify in 2020.
Shopify Statistics Usage
- 71.27% of domains are registered in the U.S. The U.K. and Australia are the second and the third. (Source: Backlinko)
- More than 10,000 largest brands choose Shopify. Nestle, Pepsi, Budweiser are the major brands. (Source: Shopify)
- More than 100,00 merchants are using Shopify POS systems. (Source: ShopifyAndYou)
- 3D Product images arracts 2x more customers than a common image.
- There are more than 1,300 Shopify themes and templates in Shopify. (Source: Themeforest)
- Shopify is now being integrated with Tiktok shopping. (Source: Shopify)
- More than 4,000 girls have been supported by Shopify in Canada. (Source: ShopifyNews)
Shopify Statistics Of Sales, Revenue and Traffic
- $1,123.7 million is the revenue in the third quarter of 2022. 46% year over year. (Source: Shopify)
- In 2020, total revenue was $2,929.5 million which was 86% expanded over 2019. (Source: Shopify)
- Gross profit grew 50% to $608.9 million in the third quarter of 2022. Which is compared with $405.1 million for the third quarter of 2020. (Source: Shopify)
- In 2022, total Shopify sales around the world are expected to reach $200 billion to date. (Source: Popupsmart)
- In the second quarter of 2018, Shopify recorded the billionth order.(Source: ShopifyAndYou)
- 79% of traffic was made by mobile of the total traffic and 69% of orders of all traffic. (Source: popupsmart)
- 81% of traffic and 71% of orders were made using the mobile in the 3rd quarter of 2019 which is compared to 77% and 67% in the 3rd quarter of 2018. (Source: ShopifyAndYou)
- In 2020, the total number of buyers was 457 million which increased by 52.33% over 2019 i.e. 300 million in 2019. In 2018 it was 218 million and in 2017 it was 163 million. (Source: Backlinko)
- Highest conversion is generated from email with rate is 4.29%, from search conversion rate is 3.04%, direct conversion is 2.93% direct and social conversion rate 1.81%. (Source: Popupsmart)
- In New Zealand, from the start of the Black Friday and in California through the end of Cyber Monday sales on Shopify reached more than $5.1 billion which is compared with more than $2.9 billion in Global Black Friday Cyber Monday in 2019 and $1.5 billion in 2018. (Source: Shopify)
- Almost all the visitors spend more than 2 minutes on shopify.
- There were more than 58 million visitors in 2020.
Shopify Growth Statistics
- In 2022, 1.75 million merchants in Shopify.
- In 2012, it was 41,000.
- In 2016, it was 375,000.
- In 2017, it was 609,000.
- In 2018, it was 820,000.
- In 2019, it was 1,069,000.
- In 2020, it was 1,749,000.
- The IPO of Shopify went public on May 21, 2015.
- Shopify’s Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) reaches $400 billion. (Source: Shopify)
- In 2020, GMV was $119.58 billion.
- In 2019, GMV was $61.14 billion.
Shopify Statistics Of Growth And Revenue In 2019
- In 2012, merchants were 41,000 and in 2019 it was 1,069,000 which is nearly 26 times of 2012. (Source: Backlinko)
- In the 1st quarter of 2019, revenue was $320.5 million which was 50% more from the 1st quarter of 2018.
- In the 2nd quarter of 2019, revenue was $362.0 million which was 42% more from 2nd quarter of 2018.
- Stock has grown 10 times since the IPO on May 21, 2015.
- Shopify Plus merchants have seen the growth of 126%. (Source: Shopify)
- In the partner community, more than 700,000 have been employed directly and indirectly. (Source: ShopifyAndYou)
- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) of 2019 was $44.2 million compared with 2018 was $32.5 million. (Source: ShopifyAndYou)
Shopify Statistics of Revenue 2018
- Total revenue statistics for 2018 was $1.073 billion. Which is 59% more over 2017 which is $673.3 million. (Source: Backlinko)
- In Los Angeles, Shopify opened their first brick-and-mortar storefront.
More amazing Shopify statistics
Shopify Is Covered Nearly 11% of the E-commerce Market
Shopify comes after Woocommerce and Squarespace Online Stores where they cover 28.24% and 17.69% but Shopify covers 10.98%.
Over 1.75 Million Businesses in 2022
Roundabout 175 countries using Shopify. Big brands such as Pepsi, Staples, and so on are in partnership.
Shopper Are Increase by 52% From 2019 to 2020 Who Bought Shopify Merchants
Shoppers are increasing in Shopify to buy Shopify merchants. Merchants have grown by 52% between 2019 to 2020.
Total Revenue Increased by 47% Year-over-year in Shopify
47% has been increased by the first quarter of 2019 to the first quarter of 2020.
48% Monthly Recurring Revenue Increase Year-over-year In Shopify
MRR has been from the third quarter of 2019 to the same quarter of 2020.
$319 Billion Has Been Contributed by Shopify In Global Economic Activity
In March of 2022, $319 billion had been donated by this platform to millions of businesses.
It Is Noticed By Shopify That 50% Increased Online Sales in 2019 Compared With 21% By Global Ecommerce Market
Sales have increased by half in 2019 and more than 21% by Global Ecommerce Market using Shopify.
More Than 50% Of Shopify Merchants Get Repeat Subscription
If customers find interest in it they buy it again and again. Most of the shoppers buy 3.8 times from the same store. Statistics show that most of the merchants are satisfied and they are purchasing from Shopify.
42,200 Partners Referred A Merchant To Shopify In the Last Year
In 2019, it was 24,400 but now it has increased by 72% to 42,200.
Retail, Apparel And Fashion And Computer Software Are The 3 Biggest Industries On Shopify
Retail(17%), Apparel and Fashion(11%), and Computer Software(6%) are the biggest industries on Shopify after that IT, Marketing, Cosmetics, and Wholesale are the common industries.
The US, The UK And Canada Are The Top Three Countries Who Use Shopify
The US is the first country followed by the UK and Canada who use Shopify, after that Australia, France, India, Denmark, and so on.
79% traffic comes from Mobile In Shopify
In 2014, 50% of traffic was coming from the mobile which increased to 79%.
69% Order From Shopify Comes Through Mobile
Most of the users use mobile so it is obvious to say that 69% that is the majority of the orders come through mobile.
87% Of The Merchants Use Shopify To Run Ecommerce Business
It is being expanded in the Shopify platform for most of the merchants to run their eCommerce business.
Most Of The Users Use 3d Product Images On the Shopify To Increase Conversion
It is true that most of the users use 3D images for their conversion rather than regular images. Statistics show that 250% conversion using 3D images.
In Shopify Stores Email Generated Maximum Conversion
The percentage rate of 4.29 is the conversion using email. After this, searches at 3.04%, direct market at the rate of 2,93%, and Social at the rate of 1.81%.
Other Interesting Shopify Statistical Facts You should know
- Shopify paid more than $850,000 to the ethical hackers to secure their website from Denial-of-Service(DOS) attack and other attacks in between 2015 and 2018.
- In 2018, $1.5 billion in sales during Black Friday in 2018. Orders were made 10,978 per minute and $870,000 were sales.
- There are most of the entrepreneurs as Shopify sellers.
How Many Shopify Stores Are There?
More than 5,300 Shopify stores are there on the platform and more than 1,000,000 businesses in 175 countries.
How Many Shopify Users Are There?
Over 2,297 million are there who use Shopify.
How many successful stores are there on Shopify ?
There are so many success stories with Shopify who are entrepreneurs and getting success. The current GMV of Shopify is $400 Billion.
How Much Money Can Be Made From Shopify?
If your product is good and there is a huge amount of traffic then you can make from $100 to $100,000 per month. If there is some bad traffic and other stuff then it can act on your revenue.
Top Companies Who Use Shopify?
There are so many companies who trust Shopify and use it. Like Pepsi, The New York Times, KKW Beauty, Kylie Cosmetics, Budweiser, Fitbit, and so on.
How Many Employees Work At Shopify?
7000+ Employees are working at Shopify.
Also Read: Best Web hosting For your website
In the end, this is all about Shopify Statistics. It is the umbrella in the heavy rain where millions of people are taking shelter. GMV and MRR are increasing year over year. Although it is still growing so it is the 3rd topmost platform after Woocommerce and Squarespace Online store. Still, millions of people trust it and purchase this again and again. So it is worth buying to build your eCommerce site. Many large brands use this platform for their official website.
👉 Facebook: Facebook.com/Rebellink
👉 Twitter: Twitter.com/Rebellink
👉 Pinterest: Pinterest.com/Rebellink
👉 LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/Rebellink
👉 VK: Vk.com/Rebellink
👉 Telegram: T.me/RebelLink
👉 Instagram: Instagram.com/Rebellink
👉 Discord: Discord.gg/RebelLink