If you are familiar with Learning management systems and trying to look for a useful one to set up your online teaching site, then you’ve probably heard about Teachable already. Teachable is one of the most popular LMS platforms on the internet that people use to create and sell online courses and digital products.
Before choosing Teachable instantly, you should know that the dynamics of successful online courses are changing at a rapid pace. So you certainly don’t want to get behind your competitors for certain limitations of your LMS tool. There are hundreds of LMS software that offer similar features like Teachable and much more. First of all, these are the most important features teachable lacks.
- They charge 5% transaction fees in their basic plan. Which is a lot, according to me.
- It lacks important features like course compliance and certification.
- You can’t build a membership community using teachable. Which could serious obstacle to your growth
- Teachable branding on login and sales page. Your users can see that you are using teachable to offer your course.
- It does not have affiliate marketing functionality. Which could be the No.1 customer acquisition medium for your course.
Here is a handpicked list of the Best Teachable alternatives and competitors that you should definitely try
LearnDash LMS Plugin For WordPress
Thinkific Advanced MArketing
Marketing & Selling
Table Of Contents
What Do You Need To Create A Successful Online Course?
Before diving into the list of the best Teachable alternatives it is important that you know what elements you just need to create successful online course platforms for learning. There are several important elements that you need to create successful online courses, the right LMS tool must be able to cover all of those needs.
Identify The Learners: There are billions of people with different needs, thus in order to make your online course platform successful, you need to identify your targeted audience who might opt for your course. Once you identify your prospects, the selling process becomes a lot easier. Identify the learners, and provide meaningful courses that will sell easily.
Create Unique Courses: In the online teaching business, the competition is very high, and it is growing day by day. Thus, you need to deliver courses that are unique from the others. The online course structure or content should be clear and easy for the learners to understand and it must motivate the learners to consume. Only then you can make your online course program successful.
Marketing Of Online Courses: Once you are done creating your courses, you need to properly market your product to reach the ideal customers. Marketing of an online product is usually done by email marketing, webinars, and creating killer landing pages that can certainly convert prospects into users. Thus, it is crucial for your LMS tool to have an in-built marketing tool to market your digital products.
Community builder: Building a community is crucial for any kind of business, as it is evident that building a community helps in accelerated growth. By building a community you provide your existing users a branded experience which results in resells and upsells, apart from that it builds trust among users regarding your brand and it lowers your advertisement cost as your existing loyal customers tend to refer to your product to their circle.
Thus, your LMS tool must be able to provide you with tools that can be used to build a community. Some of the Teachable alternatives also allow you to build membership sites to build a community online.
Now that you know the crucial elements of the best Learning management systems, let’s see what are advantages you get with the Teachable LMS system and what should you look for in sites like Teachable. Check out the latest deal for Teachable Coupons & Promo Code Of 2022!
Advantages Of Teachable
✔️ Easy Course Creating Platform: One reason for the popularity of Teachable is its ease of use. Teachable allows users to create complex course structures without any prior technical knowledge. With its easy drag-and-drop editor, you can easily design, modify, and publish online courses.
✔️ Website Builder: One of the most critical parts of every successful online course is a high-converting website. Teachable also makes it simple to create and launch your course website. You can pick from a variety of gorgeous themes, customize your brand logo, course thumbnail, and more.
✔️ Payment Plans: Teachable’s learning management system has an integrated payment mechanism that lets students pay for course materials in a variety of ways. Teachable takes credit and debit card payments, as well as PayPal and Stripe payments. If you accept credit/debit cards, however, you can only accept payments through payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe.
✔️ Email Marketing Tools: Teachable comes with built-in top email marketing tools that make marketing your product an easy job to do. By incorporating email lead forms into your sales website, you may collect leads and potential students for your school. You’ll come across a ready-to-use “Email leads form” block on Teachable while designing your page.
One thing to be noted is that the email marketing tool that Teachable provides is pretty basic, you can’t get advanced email marketing functions with it, that’s where the best Teachable alternatives come into play.
What Teachable Lacks?
❌ Limited Marketing Features: Even though you can’t complain about the course-creating capability of Teachable, Teachable does its focus job pretty efficiently, but the same thing can’t be said about its marketing capabilities. The major complaint about Teachable is its lack of marketing capacity.
Teachable comes with a few very basic marketing tools. Thus, its users generally combine Teachable with other third-party marketing tools like Mailchimp or MailerLite, landing page builder software like Unbounce, sales funnel builders like DropFunnels, and so on. You may want to save your time with a Teachable alternative that provides advanced marketing options.
❌ Weak Mobile Presence: It seems that mobile apps haven’t been a priority for Teachable. It comes with a very light app, and that is also available on iOS only. From different users’ reviews, we got to know that the app is glitchy. Not providing a branded app experience not only restricts your reach but also restricts you to differentiate your course according to the needs of your community. Thus, it is important to look for a Teachable alternative that comes with functional mobile apps for iOS, as well as Androids.
❌ No Community Option: The major issue of Teachable which bothered me a lot, is it doesn’t offer any community options to build a community. Not having a community option in your LMS software is a major disadvantage as by developing a community you and your online courses can unlock many opportunities to profit from. By building a community you can keep your users engaged and provide them with a branded experience.
Lacking these crucial features we cannot afford, as thousands of online courses are being created daily, these crucial elements are essential to make or break your online course successful. To keep yourself covered from all these issues, let’s check the best Teachable alternatives.
Complete List Of Best Teachable Alternatives
If you are looking for alternatives to Teachable, Graphy is most likely the best Teachable alternative for selling online courses. Graphy has all of the interesting features you’d expect from a learning management system. Graphy has a simple drag-and-drop editor for creating websites and apps to host online sessions. It simplifies the process by giving a variety of marketing tools that help you sell your courses more effectively. This LMS program also has automated payment gateways.
On webinar systems like Zoom, Graphy allows you to develop multimedia courses and conduct live seminars. Aside from that, Graphy will handle your sales and marketing for you. You may measure traffic sources more effectively and develop a stronger marketing strategy for your course. Its Zapier and Webhook integrations allow you to better integrate with important third-party apps. Graphy features a multilingual user interface, foreign payment channels, and country-specific pricing, allowing you to expand your reach with ease.
To know more about this awesome Teachable alternative, read the full Graphy review.
- White Label Mobile Apps and Websites: Previously we’ve discussed the disadvantages of not having a proper native mobile app, Graphy got this covered. With the Graphy learning management system, you can create gorgeous course websites and your own mobile apps. You can provide classes in any format you like. In self-paced courses, learners have the option of accessing the entire course content at once or restricting navigation piece by piece (through content scheduling). With this LMS package, you may conduct live classrooms with a premium Zoom experience for instructor-led courses.
- Advanced Marketing Options: This Teachable alternative provides Integrated blogs, SEO friendly platform, coupons, and promotions to increase sales, a ‘Refer and Earn’ program for your learners, virtual currency to gamify the experience, and the option to launch an Affiliate Program and convert your learners into your affiliate partners are all built-in marketing and sales tools to help you grow your business exponentially.
- Payment Gateways: Graphy enables you to accept payments from all over the world with ease. This LMS solution has numerous payment methods, allowing you to receive all payments directly into your bank account without incurring any transaction fees. It enables you to make sales in a flash with one-click checkout, as well as earn higher earnings with country-specific pricing and multi-currency possibilities. You can provide your students with a variety of payment methods with this Teachable alternative.
- Secured Platform: Your learning management platform’s security must be taken care of, and Graphy is the finest at it. It allows you to protect your content with multiple layers of protection. Content protection and encryption, dynamic watermarking, screen recording prevention, SSL authentication, and device restriction are some of the features of this Teachable alternative. It allows students to securely download your course content and access it offline via mobile apps.
- Graphy comes with powerful Zapier and webhook integration
- The drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to build a course.
- It provides an affiliate marketing dashboard for better marketing.
- It comes with multiple features to take your business to an international level.
- You can create exciting quizzes to keep students engaged.
- Basic PLan: $54/month
- Pro Plan: $109/month
- Business Plan: $182/month
- Advanced Plan: $320/month
You should not overlook this site like Teachable, Podia is one of the most popular online learning management systems for online content developers who want to sell digital items. Podia is a capable alternative to Teachable that allows users to develop and host an unlimited number of online courses, eBooks, and PDFs, as well as sell them using the platform’s marketing tools. It also has Zoom and Youtube connectors, so you can perform paid coaching and Webinar sessions with it.
Podia’s learning management system includes a number of marketing capabilities that enable users to generate leads through email marketing and messaging. It also comes with a unique website and affiliate marketing platform to help you generate more leads and revenues. In our Podia vs Teachable blog, we have discussed why it should be your choice over Teachable.
- Clean Interface: The Podia LMS software has an intuitive interface that lets you build online courses, memberships, and digital downloads. You may design drip courses, quizzes, upsells, pre-sells, bundles, and many other types of courses, as well as multiple payment options for them.
- Advanced Email Marketing: Podia’s in-built capabilities allow users to engage with their leads and clients with top-notch efficiency, which is why it remains one of the greatest learning management systems after all these years. You may design drip campaigns and send different product offers to your subscribers based on their previous purchases using its email marketing tool.
- Live Chat Widget: Podia comes with an on-page Live Chat widget to help you engage with visitors and convert them into customers.
- It is an easy-to-use platform
- The interface is well designed and easy to use
- An array of customization options is available
- There’s a free trial available
- Mover Plan: $39/mo
- Shaker Plan: $89/mo
- Earthquaker Plan: $199/mo
Spayee has set the bar for how learning management software vendors should construct their systems. Spayee has commanded the online learning management system industry for years, thanks to all of its interesting features. With this Teachable alternative, you can effortlessly design several online courses, host them, and sell them to your prospects. It enables you to design several sorts of courses, such as videos, PDFs, and Quizzes, in order to present students with a course that they will undoubtedly like. Because all of the videos and lessons are encrypted, you can be assured that your learning sessions will remain private and secure.
To improve your courses, you can import SCORM packages. Spayee LMS software allows you to upload up to 250 MB zip files in your course. With its webinar platform interfaces, you can now conduct live classes in addition to premade lessons. It also has a drip content option that allows you to arrange your course lectures.
- White Label Mobile Apps: You can design beautiful course websites and mobile apps with the Spayee LMS platform. You are free to provide classes in any format you like. In self-paced courses, students can choose to view the complete course content at once or restrict navigation piece by piece. You may conduct live classrooms with a premium Zoom experience for instructor-led courses with this LMS package.
- Advanced Tools For Marketing: Integrated blogs, SEO-friendly platforms, coupons, and promotions to boost sales, a “Refer and Earn” program for your students, virtual currency to make the experience more gamified, and the ability to launch an affiliate program and convert your students into affiliate partners are just a few of the advanced marketing tools available with this teachable alternative.
- Secured Hosting: The security of your learning management platform is critical, and Spayee excels at it. It enables you to secure your content using many layers of security. This teachable alternative includes content protection and encryption, dynamic watermarking, screen recording prevention, SSL authentication, and device restriction. It enables students to download your course content and access it offline via mobile apps in a secure manner.
- It is an all-in-one platform that takes care of the building, hosting, & marketing courses.
- You can create engaging quizzes & surveys on this platform.
- It offers white-labeled websites & mobile apps for better branding.
- The platform is easy to use.
- Basic PLan: $54/month
- Pro Plan: $109/month
- Business Plan: $182/month
- Advanced Plan: $320/month
Kajabi is one of the most popular learning management systems (LMS) among course authors. This is a web-based all-in-one platform that streamlines the creation, promotion, and sale of digital products. Kajabi is ideal for educators, administrators, writers, speakers, and other professionals who make a living by selling their knowledge online.
The Kajabi LMS platform’s performance is a perfect match for its sleek, modern design. It has a built-in sales funnel, ready-to-use templates, and a high-converting website builder that allows you to construct appealing landing pages and market your items in a way that increases sales. Wistia, one of the greatest video hosting platforms, is included in this learning management system, allowing you to effortlessly broadcast or submit your movies. You cannot find features like this in any of the alternatives to Kajabi. Kajabi is one of the greatest learning management systems to try if you’re thinking about beginning your own online coaching business.
Check out the latest Kajabi Coupons & Promo Codes to get the best deals on your next purchase!
- Email Marketing Tools: Course designers can send information and news about new courses to their entire mailing list or even specific audience segments using Email marketing tools that are sensibly built-in.
- Marketing Pipelines: Marketing pipelines can be used to improve user experience thanks to automation. Scheduled emails, reminders, and registration confirmations are sent to subscribers.
- Unique Course Elements: The Kajabi learning management system recognizes the value of a positive user experience; membership sites allow teachers to reach a larger audience while still providing exceptional service. Even the teaching process is streamlined because homework and testing may be supplied to students more simply.
- Kajabi offers great customer support.
- You are provided with an intuitive course builder
- You are provided with an intuitive course builder
- You get a video host on this platform
- The pricing is higher than Teachable
- Basic Plan: $119/month
- Growth Plan: $159/month
- Pro Plan: $319/month
If you’ve ever looked for learning management systems, you’ve probably come across the LearnWorlds brand. LearnWorlds is one of the top Teachable alternatives for corporate training and can be used to create and sell online courses. Although this alternative to the Teachable app is not recommended for novices, you may use it with ease if you follow the instructions offered.
With its simple interface, you can create multimedia courses and personalize them to give them a unique look. Quizzes, polls, projects, and a variety of other lessons can be included to make your classes more engaging for the students. LearnWorlds offers a number of ways to add comments and highlights. Help people improve their scanning and reading skills.
- Marketing Tools: LearnWorlds includes a number of marketing tools that you may use to expand your company. To increase sales, you can use coupons and promotions, as well as conversion-friendly sales pages and sales funnels. In addition to advanced affiliate administration, this LMS platform may assist you in generating more leads.
- Mobile Apps: Making your course gadget-friendly will help you reach a wider audience. LearnWorlds is an alternative to Teachable that comes with an easy-to-use app builder that doesn’t require any code. You can earn more money by creating your own brand with its white label app builder.
- Advanced Website Builder: Teachable alternative, LearnWorlds, includes hundreds of ready-to-use customizable templates that you can use to create a nice-looking website for your online school by just pointing and clicking. To make them more interactive, you can include many stunning features such as screens, animations, and countdown timers.
- It gives you access to a video library
- It comes with language customization options
- You can get excellent customer support
- The plans are affordable
- Beginners might find this a bit too advanced
- Starter Plan: $24/month
- Pro Trainer Plan: $79/month
- Learning Center: $249/month
Concluding Opinion On Teachable Alternatives
Even though Teachable has been one of the most reliable platforms for online course building for the last couple of years but the needs of people are ever-changing, and that’s why no product can fulfill the needs of everyone. Here in this article on best teachable alternatives, I have tried to list down all the teachable alternatives that come with an array of features that you can’t find in teachable. Although in most of the cases Teachbale has the upper hand in pricing, when it comes to performance, Teachable has a lot to catch on with the best teachable alternatives.
If you find this blog of Best Teachable alternatives helpful, let me know in the comment box, I’m open to suggestions as well. Get the best Teachable alternative at once, and start your online course instantly.