Table Of Content
Are you planning to start a podcast? But if you make your own podcast, the next step is to upload it to other directories to make your listeners hear it, right?
Today I am here to guide you, how to upload a podcast to the internet and make it available to all your targeted listeners. But most new podcasters face a lot of hindrances for uploading and publishing their podcast files! If you are looking for a guide on how to upload a podcast, then this article is a must read for you!
I know there are various questions in your mind How to upload a podcast to iTunes? How to upload a podcast to Spotify? How to upload a podcast to Soundcloud?
You must upload a podcast to iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or any other directory, and don’t upload your podcast to your own website. The fact is your podcast files are located in the form of an RSS feed and whenever you upload a new episode, your feed is automatically updated!
Want to know the exact process of how to upload a podcast? Let’s find out below without wasting more time!
First and foremost thing, you should keep in mind most podcast listening apps mostly use Apple Podcasts for listening to their podcasts freely with many benefits. Remember to upload a podcast you must find yourself a good podcast hosting service.
There are two ways, you can use a podcast hosting service:
- They help you to host your entire podcast website
- They can host your audio files and you can easily have your own website
Steps To Upload A Podcast:
- Step 1: Upload your podcast episodes to your podcast host such as Buzzsprout
- Step 2: Sign up and click on the green button of Episode Tab
- Step 3: Simply embed your episode description and add your show notes
- Step 4: Add artwork to your podcast episode and update your episode
- Step 5: Publish atleast one episode and submit your podcast RSS feed to iTunes that includes title, description, artwork, category, language
- Step 6: Finally, you can see your favorite podcasts on various websites
How To Upload A Podcast To iTunes?
Apple Podcast(iTunes) is the biggest Podcast search directory in the world. If you want to be a podcaster, you need to know how to upload a podcast to Apple Podcasts
Here is the step by step guide to get your podcast on iTunes and publish a show to the public limelight:
- Step 1: Create a new Apple ID
- Step 2: Sign up for podcast hosting to host your audio files and RSS feed
- Step 3: Publish atleast one episode, before you submit to the Apple podcasts directory
- Step 4: Fix common RSS mistakes and make sure your podcast is configured properly
- Step 5: Log in to Apple Podcast Connect and submit your RSS feed
- Step 6: Copy and paste your RSS feed URL and paste it into Apple Podcast Connect
- Step 7: Review your Apple podcast submission
- Step 8: Promote your show and ask people to subscribe, listen, and review on Apple Podcasts
How To Upload A Podcast To Spotify?
Spotify is one of the biggest podcast listening platforms on the planet where you can find your favorite shows, music and is considered the only platform that produces original content and growing immensely throughout the world. Recently, Spotify has joined hands with podcast hosting companies where you can submit your podcast to Spotify.
Have a glance of the basic steps to upload a podcast to Spotify, to make your show available there:
- Step 1: Create your show and publish your episodes via a podcast hosting provider
- Step 2: Sign up with a hosting provider and enter your show details such as podcast name and description
- Step 3: Upload an effective podcast cover art that should be 1400 x 1400 JPEG and under 500 KB in size
- Step 4: Publish at least one episode in your feed
- Step 5: Finally Spotify will add your show to their directory
How To Upload A Podcast To YouTube?
YouTube is world’s second biggest search engine, so if you put your podcast on YouTube you can find new listeners and grow your audience. There are numerous options if you want to upload a podcast on YouTube.
Following are the basic steps that will help you decide how do you put a podcast on YouTube:
- Step 1: Create your show and upload your episodes to podcast hosting providers
- Step 2: Sign up to a podcast hosting provider and upload your first episode to YouTube
- Step 3: Publish your episode with a combination of video and audio elements to promote your podcast
- Step 4: Create micro contents from your episodes that is more searchable and shareable
- Step 5: Turn your podcast episode into animated cartoons clips
- Step 6: Streamline your video content in a way to attract more listeners
How To Upload A Podcast To Google Podcast?
Want to have your shows playable in Google Search Results? Then you must need to submit your shows to Google Podcasts. To reach a large audience, you need to follow some guidelines for Google podcasts.
Here are some basic steps on how to upload a podcast to Google podcasts:
- Step 1: Visit the Google Play Podcast Portal
- Step 2: Click on ”Add a podcast” button
- Step 3: Paste your podcast’s RSS Feed URL
- Step 4: Click ”Submit RSS Feed”
- Step 5: Verify ownership using email in RSS Feed
- Step 6: Once verified, review your podcast with specific instructions
- Step 7: Hit the ”Publish Post” button
- Step 8: Finally, after submission wait for approval for a few days
How To Upload A Podcast To Instagram?
Instagram is one of the largest social media platforms in the world, and a great place to share any kind of visual content such as photography, graphic design and video content. Here is the good news! Now you can share podcast clips on Instagram. If you want to target audience, then Instagram is the only engaging platform to stand out from the crowd!
Want to know how to upload a podcast to Instagram? Here are the 3 easy steps to follow:
- Step 1: Create your image or artwork, in case you don’t have you can create custom images by signing up for a free Canva account
- Step 2: Use a video editing tool to create your podcast video such as iMovie (Mac), Windows Movie Maker, Keynote, etc
- Step 3: Post your podcast video on Instagram, you can use third party websites to post
From the above discussion, it is very clear how to upload a podcast to all platforms, and to be a perfect podcaster you need to know how to upload a podcast to podcast app!
Here is the complete list of the most popular podcast directories where you can submit your RSS feed to maximize the reach of your audience:
Just like a website needs a hosting provider, podcasts also need some way to help store and distribute the podcast audio files. There are several podcast hosting services, but if you are wondering about some affordable options on how to upload a podcast for free, here is the complete guide for you!
If you are a beginner at podcasting, you must be looking for an affordable monthly option that requires no credit card to sign up. You can use the following podcast hosting services to upload a podcast for free!
Buzzsprout offers a free podcast hosting service that works with notable podcast directories like Apple/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcast, and Stitcher where you can upload and publish once your episode is recorded. Buzzsprout is one of the easiest podcast hosting platforms where you can easily host, promote and track a podcast.
One of the most interesting features of Buzzsprout is it provides notification of how much upload time is left in the current cycle, so you do not have to guess approximately how many more minutes you have left to upload each month. Moreover, it helps you to get listed on popular podcast directories and mobile-friendly in nature.
Buzzsprout Pricing Details:
Spreaker is a well-known podcast hosting provider that helps you to create distribute, as well as potentially make money on your podcast. It is one of the best recording studio of any free hosting service for podcasts, where you can manage multiple podcasts.
With this free podcast software, you can create a professional-sounding podcast from your phone, tablet, or desktop. Spreaker lets you record, publish, distribute and analyze your podcast, whenever and wherever, easily. One of the unique features is the easy-to-use live podcast recording function, where you can connect with listeners going live.
Spreaker Pricing Details:
Podbean is an all-in-one podcast solution where you can create professional podcasts in minutes without any programming knowledge. Now you can easily, record, publish and manage right from the app and let your audience get your podcast anytime, anywhere with the Podbean iPhone and Android apps.
The podcast hosting service provides four different plans for users, including one completely free version that provides excellent resources for sharing and building audience and scale your podcasting to a new height. There are various unique features of Podbean, where you can personalize fonts, colors and layouts, share your podcast into various social media platforms, and boost your podcast followers.
Podbean Pricing Details:
If you are looking how to spend money on setting up your show, then you must need to know the amount of money, you are going to spend. Let us break it down for better understanding:
There are various components of podcasting that you will need at various levels of podcasting. They are:
- Equipment from Microphone to recorder
- Software from media hosting to editing packages
- Cover art such as graphic design to represent your show
- Music and FX for sound design to represent your show
You may have an in-built microphone on your laptop, but you must need a good quality microphone to deliver your message more effectively. Secondly, you must create some great-looking cover art templates that you can easily create using Canva using free designs.
See below, how much does it cost to upload a podcast:
- Headset Microphone: $50
- Podcast Hosting: $15/m
- Music: $0
- Cover Art: $0
If you want a high-quality equipment setup such as good quality XLR cables and a decent set up of headphones to record top quality podcast episodes then you can go Samson Q2Us( $150) or a Zoom H5 recorder($250). If you want great quality cover art, then it will cost $195. For amazing sounding podcast intro and outro and may cost $170.
How Much Does It Cost To Upload A Podcast To Spotify?
Spotify is the best way to listen to music and podcasts where you can search for any track, artist or album and listen for free. If you want to upload your show to podcast, then it may charge you $50, including the tools for distribution for free. Recently, Spotify includes a premium plan for family members where you can enjoy 6 premium accounts! Have a look below:
Spotify is one of the best music streaming app, that lets you listen on your phone, speaker, and other devices without any limits. See other premium plans below:
Now the question comes how long does it take to upload a podcast to Spotify? Good question! Once you upload a podcast to Spotify, it will take around 2-5 days to appear on Spotify, but most podcasts appear within just a few hours.
If you are uploading new podcast episodes, then it will take around 24 hours. For entirely new episodes, it will take around 3-5 working days longer. Don’t think that Spotify will contact you after your podcast will be added, you must keep a check on the Spotify podcast listing by yourself!
How Much Does It Cost To Upload A Podcast To Apple?
Apple Podcast is one of the most used podcast submitting directories where you can upload a show for free! Here you can submit your podcast for free and gain new listeners. The Apple Podcasters Program includes all of the tools needed to offer premium subscriptions on Apple Podcasts, is available to creators in over 170 countries and regions for $19.99 (US) per year. You have to enroll in the Apple Podcasters Program today through Apple Podcasts Connect.
See the cost to upload a podcast to Apple:
From the above discussions, you can have an idea how to upload a podcast, and make it easy for your listeners to find your show anywhere!
Hope, now it is clear how to upload a podcast, and increase your podcast’s reach and submit your show to the most popular directories to get more listeners who are looking for podcasts!
To be true there are many podcast listening apps and directories where your podcasts automatically listed on various popular sites, even without listing them, but the fact is this sites read an RSS feed that is created automatically by your site or podcast host.
If you want to become popular on podcasting, then you must know how to upload a podcast to iTunes, how to upload a podcast to Spotify, how to upload a podcast to YouTube to reach the more targeted audience. Worrying about the high costs to start your podcast? Most of the hosting companies are offering free podcast hosting services to upload your show!
Thank you guys, for being a part of this guide! If you still have any queries, let me know in the comment section below! Happy to respond to you all.
👉 Facebook: Facebook.com/Rebellink
👉 Twitter: Twitter.com/Rebellink
👉 Pinterest: Pinterest.com/Rebellink
👉 LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/Rebellink
👉 VK: Vk.com/Rebellink
👉 Telegram: T.me/RebelLink
👉 Instagram: Instagram.com/Rebellink
👉 Discord: Discord.gg/RebelLink